PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones re-elected to congress in 2014 with 68% of vote

jct74
11-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Walter B. Jones Wins Midterm Election In North Carolina

By Samantha Lachman
11/04/2014 8:07 pm EST

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) was re-elected to Congress Tuesday from North Carolina's 3rd District, defeating Democrat Marshall Adame.

Jones faced a strong primary challenge earlier this year from Taylor Griffin, a former aide to President George W. Bush and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The anti-war congressman, who was first elected to the House of Representatives in 1994, is known for his independent streak.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/walter-b-jones-midterm-election-results_n_5973626.html

Jones
68%
Adame
32%

100% reporting

http://www.cnn.com/election/2014/results/state/NC/house

rp08orbust
11-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Good. Thomas Massie, Justin Amash and Walter Jones are the only US House winners from Tuesday I care about.

Bastiat's The Law
11-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Good. Thomas Massie, Justin Amash and Walter Jones are the only US House winners from Tuesday I care about.

You should get to know Rod Blum. He's going to be every bit as good as these guys.

devil21
11-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Don't forget Dave Brat. His primary campaign manager was a Paulite.

jurgs01
11-06-2014, 07:38 PM
You should get to know Rod Blum. He's going to be every bit as good as these guys.

The liberty caucus is going to double in size this cycle. There are some guys that people were following and some others that won under the radar that will surprise some folks.

KCIndy
11-07-2014, 05:53 PM

The liberty caucus is going to double in size this cycle. There are some guys that people were following and some others that won under the radar that will surprise some folks.

THIS is why I disagree with those who urge people not to vote because it "recognizes the system" or "enables oppression" or whatever the other excuses are. If liberty-minded individuals had refused to vote, then guys like Massie, Amash, Jones - even RPF's own Shem Kellog - would be replaced by authoritarians and statists holding long lists of Draconian measures they would eagerly pass into laws.

Just ten years ago, Ron Paul virtually stood alone in Congress as the voice of reason and liberty. We are gaining ground.