PDA

View Full Version : 10th Grader Expelled, Home Raided, Over Facebook Photo with Toy Gun

green73
11-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Bellevue, WA– Yushi Sun, a 10th grader at Bellevue High School was detained in his school by an officer in full SWAT tactical gear, on October 27- his 16th birthday. His home was searched and he was placed on “emergency expulsion” over a photo holding a toy air soft gun that he uploaded to his Facebook profile the evening before.

cont.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/10th-grader-expelled-home-raided-facebook-photo-toy-gun-16th-birthday/

specsaregood
11-06-2014, 11:53 AM
It seems to me that everyday we get more reasons for parents to disable facebook to protect their kids.

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2014, 12:00 PM
It seems to me that everyday we get more reasons for parents to disable facebook to protect their kids.

IMO, the issue is sharing personal info. FB is mostly harmless in itself. I don't understand people who share all that personal info (and photos attached to it) at all. :eek:

specsaregood
11-06-2014, 12:04 PM
IMO, the issue is sharing personal info. FB is mostly harmless in itself. I don't understand people who share all that personal info (and photos attached to it) at all. :eek:

Just the fact that you are supposed to use your real name requires a disclosure of personal information. Then everything from there is all about sharing personal info... At least from what I've seen.

Ender
11-06-2014, 12:15 PM

In absolute agreement. FB can be used intelligently but most people do not use it that way.

And, this article is not about FB- it's about complete control of one's innocent doings by .gov.

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Just the fact that you are supposed to use your real name requires a disclosure of personal information. Then everything from there is all about sharing personal info... At least from what I've seen.

No. I have a FB account and registered with a fake name and mostly fake info. (only enough facts that people I know would understand) :)

ghengis86
11-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Ahhh...the old FaceF$&@Book/FedBook snaring another one. I bet the state loves that they don't have to do any real work to get your three felonies a day! people post it in a convenient location:the Feds own database! SMDH

Anti Federalist
11-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Ahhh...the old FaceF$&@Book/FedBook snaring another one. I bet the state loves that they don't have to do any real work to get your three felonies a day! people post it in a convenient location:the Feds own database! SMDH

+rep

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-06-2014, 02:30 PM
facebook is aware children use their website, and allow them to, yet they expect them to disclose their real name. They put those children in danger from creeps, and especially busybodies that have nothing better to do than snitch on a non-crime. I doubt a police officer was trolling facebook and saw this, then took action. It was probably another student, or teacher, that was paranoid. When myspace was the go-to social website, no one I knew every used their real name, or put personal info like what high school they went to.

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 02:37 PM
It is not the sharing of information or the photos that are the problem here.

The problem is, the assault over a NON CRIME...

So what if it was a REAL Gun..? it was still no crime.

NON Crime should not be treated as a crime.

Root
11-06-2014, 03:48 PM
No. I have a FB account and registered with a fake name and mostly fake info. (only enough facts that people I know would understand) :)
Do you have fake friends too?

Anti Federalist
11-06-2014, 04:16 PM

This, a thousand times.

What "crime" happened here?

In fact, what "policy" was violated?

That said, fuck a bunch of FedBook.

Anti Federalist
11-06-2014, 04:22 PM

This, a thousand times.

osan
11-06-2014, 05:20 PM
cont.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/10th-grader-expelled-home-raided-facebook-photo-toy-gun-16th-birthday/

First of all, what in hell is a 15 year old doing with a facebook account? Were I his parents, I would ground him until his 50th birthday for being so stupid.

That aside, I would be having serious conversations with Satan's lawyer right about now. I would do whatever was in my power to make those wretched cops regret the day their mothers met their fathers.

alucard13mm
11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Air soft and paintball is fun.

surf
11-06-2014, 05:37 PM
my hometown.... btw - this school is a suburban football factory winning a mythical national championship a few years back.

jjdoyle
11-06-2014, 05:42 PM
This, a thousand times.

It APPEARED to be a violation of some policy. That is enough, fellow PATRIOT!
See something? Say something! But, if it's an actual crime and you have the thieves nailed down (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462591-Police-allow-car-break-ins-to-become-a-Seattle-growth-industry), just don't expect the police to do anything about it! You must know what to say, and how to say it.

Occam's Banana
11-07-2014, 03:00 AM

Among many other things, it's the domineering control freaks who administer Government Indoctrination Centers (aka "public schools") - along with our Friendly Neighborhood "Just Us" Stormtroopers - that are the problem.

Disabling Facebook and not "sharing personal info" may serve as prophylactics against a few of the symptoms - but the disease rages on unabated ...

Suzanimal
11-07-2014, 05:54 AM
The school claimed the photo was disrupting the learning environment, despite the photo being taken at his home and not during school hours. As Sun pointed out to us, the only ones who disrupted the learning environment are the ones who expelled a teenager from school over a Facebook photo with a toy.
Five days after the incident the expulsion was lifted and Sun was permitted to return to his classes.
Thankfully, this story had a happy ending.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/10th-grader-expelled-home-raided-facebook-photo-toy-gun-16th-birthday/#3W0PwuIRfRxQDYuP.99

Getting to back to school is a "happy ending".:rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/rEe1569.png

Anti Federalist
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
So Gangsta...

Getting to back to school is a "happy ending".:rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/rEe1569.png

TheTexan
11-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Look, I know the 2nd amendment gives you the "right to own guns", but the 2nd amendment doesn't give you a right to post images with scary looking guns on facebook, OK?

I'm sure there's another amendment I'm forgetting but I really don't think I am.

acptulsa
11-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Look, I know the 2nd amendment gives you the "right to own guns", but the 2nd amendment doesn't give you a right to post images with scary looking guns on facebook, OK?

I'm sure there's another amendment I'm forgetting but I really don't think I am.

That would be the First Amendment. You know, the one that guarantees our right to worship The State and say to each other that it can do no wrong even when it destroys homes and ruins lives for being seen holding children's toys.

Don't forget that one. That's an important Amendment.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-07-2014, 12:52 PM

The right to own a gun as long as you volunteer to be put on a list of dangerous citizens as well as notify the government and register every firearm you purchase, and never take it out of your house.