PDA

View Full Version : Obama slip: "We can also work together to grow our empi..."

Brian4Liberty
11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Did anyone hear Obama's Freudian slip?

He is talking about areas where he can work together with the GOP. That included "We can also work together to grow our empi..." Stopped himself before the "r" came out...

Anti Federalist
11-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Truth by mistake.

Root
11-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Tube?

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 02:25 PM
What was he talking about- jobs? "employment" maybe? Context will help. I was only half listening to his press conference. He is like a boring professor when he talks. Droning on in the same tone.

acptulsa
11-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I'll spin it! I'll spin it! Employment! Implosions! Impish grins!

Give me a toooooob so I can spiiiiiin it!!

Yer on the job. Good boy.

CaptUSA
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
What was he talking about- jobs? "employment" maybe? Context will help. I was only half listening to his press conference. He is like a boring professor when he talks. Droning on in the same tone.

Wait a minute... I thought he was the most inspiring orator in history?!

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 02:34 PM
As a speaker, Clinton and Reagan were more inspiring. They were able to connect emotionally- Obama is too much like a professor.

Clinton and Reagan made it sound like they were listening to you. Obama comes off as expecting you to listen to him. (at almost an hour and a half the conference is still going on).

juleswin
11-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Wait a minute... I thought he was the most inspiring orator in history?!

To be fair, he is good whenever he has a teleprompter in from of him. His campaign hires some of the very best writers and he is good at delivering them.

georgiaboy
11-05-2014, 02:52 PM
... (at almost an hour and a half the conference is still going on).

stealing the news cycle which is a referendum on his sad excuse for a presidency.

Brian4Liberty
11-05-2014, 03:02 PM

He changed it to "exports".

bunklocoempire
11-05-2014, 03:02 PM
But I don't want to buy the undercoating that you keep trying to sell me...

Daddy is in charge here according to this latest speech -and obviously not the B.O.R. or Constitution.

What a load of crap.

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Thanks. Sounds like he started to say "imports" and corrected himself rather than "empire".

Brian4Liberty
11-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Thanks. Sounds like he started to say "imports" and corrected himself rather than "empire".

Was he using a teleprompter? I was listening, not watching.

If he was reading it, it is still very possible that he was starting to say empire. Three of the letters, including the first, are the same: "e_p_r_". Freudian misread.

Thor
11-05-2014, 03:39 PM

He is talking about areas where he can work together with the GOP. That included "We can also work together to grow our empi..." Stopped himself before the "r" came out...

employment rate...

What do you think he is, a dictator or something....

Deborah K
11-05-2014, 03:50 PM

n/m

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Was he using a teleprompter? I was listening, not watching.

If he was reading it, it is still very possible that he was starting to say empire. Three of the letters, including the first, are the same: "e_p_r_". Freudian misread.

Live press conference- responding to reporter's questions. He had something he was getting information off of but was not reading a teleprompter.

Dr.3D
11-05-2014, 04:28 PM
But I don't want to buy the undercoating that you keep trying to sell me...

Daddy is in charge here according to this latest speech -and obviously not the B.O.R. or Constitution.

What a load of crap.
But the undercoating was applied right after all the rust and corrosion took place. It's new!

TheTexan
11-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Could also be 'empirical evidence'

Thor
11-05-2014, 05:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eXbVEryIfc#t=249

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eXbVEryIfc#t=249

4:09

Ya, sounds like he was about to say "empire"

LibForestPaul
11-05-2014, 05:18 PM
sounded like imports, which is probably true...

CaptainAmerica
11-05-2014, 06:01 PM
he was going to say imports, this is just a silly thread full of pitchforks .

Brian4Liberty
11-05-2014, 06:15 PM

Yeah, he was reading off of the teleprompter, probably got ahead of himself. Imports, exports, what difference does it make!

pcosmar
11-05-2014, 08:34 PM

Yeah, he was reading off of the teleprompter, probably got ahead of himself. Imports, exports, what difference does it make!

Import Ebola
Export Bombs

:(

Occam's Banana
11-05-2014, 10:43 PM

What's wrong with that? "I got a fever - and the only prescription is more pitchforks!"

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tactical-Pitchfork-Boxed.jpg

Mani
11-05-2014, 10:53 PM

Oh, yeah, yeah, I got a question there. When do we get to light our torches?

Mani
11-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Ah, this mob blows...

Dr.3D
11-05-2014, 10:55 PM
What's wrong with that? "I got a fever - and the only prescription is more pitchforks!"

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tactical-Pitchfork-Boxed.jpg
Is that one of those new, assault pitchforks with the rail mounted light and thing that goes up?

VIDEODROME
11-05-2014, 11:32 PM
As a speaker, Clinton and Reagan were more inspiring. They were able to connect emotionally- Obama is too much like a professor.

Clinton and Reagan made it sound like they were listening to you. Obama comes off as expecting you to listen to him. (at almost an hour and a half the conference is still going on).

He can only give good speeches when campaigning in front of teleprompters and delivering nothing of any actual substance to listeners. Ask him to explain something with detail and logic and he is utterly boring.