PDA

View Full Version : So the GOP has the house and senate. Now what?

jmdrake
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Seriously? They don't have a veto proof majority. Will they vote for a budget that de-funds Obamacare? When Obama vetos it, will the stick to their guns even when it means a government shutdown? They have control over the investigative committees. Will they turn up the heat on Bengazi to the point about asking about the smuggling of missiles? Will they seek indictments over "Fast and Furious"? Considering that even the Kurds in Syria are working with ISIS when it suits them, will they finally put the kibosh on funding the Syrian Islamic terrorists who pretend to be on our side "freedom fighters"? Will they get to the bottom of why the Pentagon "lost" all proof of death of Osama Bin Laden? (No video. No photos. No DNA.)

Or will they do what the Democrats did once they got all three branches of government and decided to cover up all of Bush's crimes? (Nothing serious done on CIA rendition and torture for example).

Or will they try impeachment like that did when Clinton was president? (Guaranteed to pass the GOP led house only to ultimately fail because you need 2/3rds in the senate).

Anyway, last time we were in this situation we (the Clinton/Gingrich era) we ended up with a government surplus. Gridlock is good! Also a republican ultimately took the Whitehouse. This time may it not be a another Bush!

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM
They will need better policies than just opposing Obama if they want to keep their new seats. Most of the ballot issues which passed were more liberal so they don't seem to have a conservative mandate on policy. It seemed to be more "kick out the bastards" than a true shift in positions on issues. Democrats just happened to be the ones with the most incumbents up for re-election.

enhanced_deficit
11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Seriously? They don't have a veto proof majority. Will they vote for a budget that de-funds Obamacare? When Obama vetos it, will the stick to their guns even when it means a government shutdown? They have control over the investigative committees. Will they turn up the heat on Bengazi to the point about asking about the smuggling of missiles? Will they seek indictments over "Fast and Furious"? Considering that even the Kurds in Syria are working with ISIS when it suits them, will they finally put the kibosh on funding the Syrian Islamic terrorists who pretend to be on our side "freedom fighters"? Will they get to the bottom of why the Pentagon "lost" all proof of death of Osama Bin Laden? (No video. No photos. No DNA.)

Lip service is one thing but would be real intersting to see how new GOP policy agenda on suspected insider jobs like ISIS would be different from that of Obama's ... considering this poll of very GOP voters who made history yesterday:

Poll: 46% of GOP thinks Obama's Muslim
www.politico.com › Josh Gerstein
But one number that could catch significant attention is this: in the Time poll, 46 percent of Republicans said they believe Obama is a Muslim.

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2014, 12:22 PM
I don't know... why doesn't someone ask the people who control the country?

http://kwout.com/cutout/u/ay/wt/94x_bor.jpg

specsaregood
11-05-2014, 12:23 PM
I guess we'll see how much of Mitch's ear Randal really has. He has some really good legislative ideas that have bipartisan support and just need an opportunity.

Zippyjuan
Lip service is one thing but would be real intersting to see how new GOP policy agenda on suspected insider jobs like ISIS would be different from that of Obama's ... considering this poll of very GOP voters who made history yesterday:

But one number that could catch significant attention is this: in the Time poll, 46 percent of Republicans said they believe Obama is a Muslim.

Link doesn't take us to the poll. (seems poll was from 2010 so link probably expired). http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0810/Poll_46_of_GOP_thinks_Obamas_Muslim.html

In 2012 it was 34%. http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-poll-shows-conservative-republicans-increasingly-believe-obama-is-muslim/

georgiaboy
I hope they listen to Rand's idea about passing small pieces of legislation that get wide agreement across the aisle without having all sorts of amendments.

They can focus in on key areas for which larger bills would prove DOA: Obamacare, Immigration, taxes, spending, debt, etc.

Get the Dems and the President to vote/sign/veto these small attempts at bipartisanship -- and do it over and over and over again.

Throwing things like a repeal of Obamacare to the hyenas is ridiculous and a waste of time and energy.

enhanced_deficit
11-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Link doesn't take us to the poll. (seems poll was from 2010 so link probably expired). http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0810/Poll_46_of_GOP_thinks_Obamas_Muslim.html

In 2012 it was 34%. http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-poll-shows-conservative-republicans-increasingly-believe-obama-is-muslim/

Link still works, just realized I missed the full link:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0810/Poll_46_of_GOP_thinks_Obamas_Muslim.html

There's a lot of startling news in these polls — from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Growing-Number-of-Americans-Say-Obama-is-a-Muslim.aspx) and Time magazine (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2011799,00.html). But one number that could catch significant attention is this: in the Time poll, 46 percent of Republicans said they believe Obama is a Muslim.

But it is plausible that later poll you cited had different numbers; between 2010-2012 he stepped up droning of muslim children and refused to visit Sikh temples to look less "muslim" presumably to improve his image among these GOPers.

acptulsa
11-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Throwing things like a repeal of Obamacare to the hyenas is ridiculous and a waste of time and energy.

Actually, that would be the perfect thing to do.

You can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want.

But if you reelect us and put Rand Paul in the White House, you just might get what you need.

jmdrake
11-05-2014, 12:29 PM
They will need better policies than just opposing Obama if they want to keep their new seats. Most of the ballot issues which passed were more liberal so they don't seem to have a conservative mandate on policy. It seemed to be more "kick out the bastards" than a true shift in positions on issues.

The ballot initiatives seem mixed to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/11/04/states-referendum-initiatives-marijuana-abortion/18350783/

I don't count marijuana decriminalization as "liberal". Tom Tancredo led the fight to legalize marijuana in Colorado. Abortion ballots were mixed. Folks did vote for higher minimum wage laws but I don't see that as being a federal issue. The GOP isn't going to try to lower the federal minimum wage and I don't think that's going to come up and I doubt their constituents will punish them for not raising the fed minimum wage. The proposal for temp drivers licenses for illegal immigrants in Oregon was shot down as was restrictions on bear hunting in another state. One state passed a new "background check" law for guns, but again I don't GOP law makers will be expected to go along with that.

That said, I agree with you that pushing their own positive agenda will be key. Force Obama to use his veto pen for stuff that might be popular. Rand's REDEEM act should be a priority as it has bipartisan support. They should also push to expand Obamacare alternatives like medical sharing accounts. (See: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100935430)

seapilot
11-05-2014, 12:29 PM
I am sure they are going to balance the budget and stop wasteful spending.

Last time there was a majority republican house and senate with a democrat president (Clinton) it made the democrat president look good.

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Link still works, just realized I missed the full link:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0810/Poll_46_of_GOP_thinks_Obamas_Muslim.html

There's a lot of startling news in these polls — from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Growing-Number-of-Americans-Say-Obama-is-a-Muslim.aspx) and Time magazine (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2011799,00.html). But one number that could catch significant attention is this: in the Time poll, 46 percent of Republicans said they believe Obama is a Muslim.

But it is plausible that later poll you cited had different numbers; between 2010-2012 he stepped up droning of muslim children and refused to visit Sikh temples to look less "muslim" presumably to improve his image among these GOPers.

We have gotten off topic (sorry!) but I found this poll from July fascinating when looking for that one.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/172442/muslims-approving-obama-mormons-least.aspx

U.S. Muslims Most Approving of Obama, Mormons Least

<snip>

The patterns in Obama's job approval by religion have prevailed throughout his presidency, with Muslim, Jewish, and nonreligious Americans giving him higher ratings, and Mormons and Protestants giving him the lowest ratings. Catholics have typically been closest to the national average, but slightly above it.

As Obama's overall job approval rating has had its ups and downs over the five-plus years he has been president, his ratings among religious groups have moved in tandem. That is, Americans of various faiths seem to react similarly to the factors that cause the president's popularity to wax and wane, rather than reacting in idiosyncratic ways tied to their religious beliefs.

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM
The ballot initiatives seem mixed to me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/11/04/states-referendum-initiatives-marijuana-abortion/18350783/

I don't count marijuana decriminalization as "liberal". Tom Tancredo led the fight to legalize marijuana in Colorado. Abortion ballots were mixed. Folks did vote for higher minimum wage laws but I don't see that as being a federal issue. The GOP isn't going to try to lower the federal minimum wage and I don't think that's going to come up and I doubt their constituents will punish them for not raising the fed minimum wage. The proposal for temp drivers licenses for illegal immigrants in Oregon was shot down as was restrictions on bear hunting in another state. One state passed a new "background check" law for guns, but again I don't GOP law makers will be expected to go along with that.

That said, I agree with you that pushing their own positive agenda will be key. Force Obama to use his veto pen for stuff that might be popular. Rand's REDEEM act should be a priority as it has bipartisan support. They should also push to expand Obamacare alternatives like medical sharing accounts. (See: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100935430)

I can only comment on my state but I didn't see much emphasis on how candidates felt on issues- how they would vote if elected. It seemed to be "how are you doing right now" rather than "Here is what I will do.." so referendums were the only way people were expressing their opinion on issues- and as you agree, that was pretty mixed- certainly not a conservative landslide on policy.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
11-05-2014, 01:04 PM
The tipping point in 2016 will be Obama's health law. People will start feeling the effects more than now. Biden will lose in the usual and asinine 52-48% or some shit. People's politics will see-saw even more as more people recognize America's long term decline in the world. That means they'll be tired of the Repub-tard president by 2020. Clinton will run in 2020 and probably win.

I didn't watch any of this shit on TV because it's retarded. Just my guess. All of this won't mean squat, but if you're interested in personalities, then it's gold. :rolleyes:

People will also demand to get high legally. The dumb fucks in government will finally figure out that they can make a lot more money on taxing weed than paying lice to arrest people. Those pricks will pander to everyone with calls of weed freedom to get elected.

The dipshit gays will think they are getting rights with marriage, but those dumbasses will be co-opted with more government privilege.

Deborah K
11-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I can only comment on my state but I didn't see much emphasis on how candidates felt on issues- how they would vote if elected. It seemed to be "how are you doing right now" rather than "Here is what I will do.." so referendums were the only way people were expressing their opinion on issues- and as you agree, that was pretty mixed- certainly not a conservative landslide on policy.

The thing about referendums is, you have to know who they're being funded by, and who is funding the opposition. The money usually sways the vote.

Pericles
11-05-2014, 01:37 PM
It is an opportunity for the Tea Party and Libertarian Republicans to sat to the GOP establishment - "OK, we voted straight GOP, and now you owe us. You have to throw us a bone. The price is eliminating the Department of Education in order to keep our support. If you fail to do this, we will primary you."

The cabal has to be broken. The way things work is when in power, you don't touch the other party's programs, and when in power you expand your own programs. Since our objective is to actually reduce government, the RINOs have to be put to the test early. It will tale time to ID good candidates and do the ground game to primary when that becomes required.

William Tell
11-05-2014, 01:47 PM
So the GOP has the house and senate. Now what? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462549-So-the-GOP-has-the-house-and-senate-Now-what)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRMLF6xoMco

jmdrake
11-05-2014, 01:47 PM

Last time there was a majority republican house and senate with a democrat president (Clinton) it made the democrat president look good.

You know, Obama is already reaping the benefit of a GOP controlled house. On the one hand he brags about shrinking budget deficits. On the other hand he blames republican budget cuts for Ebola.

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Last time there was a majority republican house and senate with a democrat president (Clinton) it made the democrat president look good.Senate majortity leader Mitch McConnell stated to reporters, when they questioned about the Spring 2015 Debt Ceiling arrival,
"Let me make it prefectly clear, there will be NO SHUTDOWN of government or defaulting on the National Debt"

BTW, where's that "SECRET" video of the meeting between Mitch McConnell and the Oligarchs, where he promised no more shutdowns of government? Last I heard the Eff Bee Aye was investigating who secretly recorded and posted on social media.

donnay
11-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Call for Obama to be arrested and indicted!

specsaregood
11-05-2014, 01:56 PM
It is an opportunity for the Tea Party and Libertarian Republicans to sat to the GOP establishment - "OK, we voted straight GOP, and now you owe us. You have to throw us a bone. The price is eliminating the Department of Education in order to keep our support. If you fail to do this, we will primary you."

You've gotta be kidding. #1, no way would that pass Obama's desk. #2, great way to kill all the good will they earned.

Now is the time to pass simple legislation that has vast support from the people. Get some good ones through and make it look like "change" is on the way.

I guess we'll see how Mitchie wants to go down in the history books. He's reached the pinnacle of his career, he isn't going any higher, what does he want his legacy to be...

Deborah K
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see just how much influence Rand will have on Mitch, if any.

torchbearer
11-05-2014, 02:38 PM
audit the fed.

ClydeCoulter
11-05-2014, 03:09 PM
audit the fed.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 03:14 PM
It will definitely be interesting to see just how much influence Rand will have on Mitch, if any.

Considering he hasn't reallly been a Senator that long, Rand does have a lot of influence in the party.

Ronin Truth
11-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Hopefully NOTHING. All around gridlock works out really well for me.

specsaregood
11-05-2014, 03:43 PM

So you like the way things are eh? You couldn't possibly list off a couple dozen things you'd like to see them do?

Deborah K
11-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Considering he hasn't reallly been a Senator that long, Rand does have a lot of influence in the party.

Then you don't think he should run for President?

Ronin Truth
11-05-2014, 03:48 PM
So you like the way things are eh? You couldn't possibly list off a couple dozen things you'd like to see them do?

"Everything government touches turns to crap."

specsaregood
11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
"Everything government touches turns to crap."

Ok, so we'll put you down as happy with the status quo. Hopefully you are in the minority.

Zippyjuan
11-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Then you don't think he should run for President?

Not at all- I think he would be a great candidate. Just commenting on how quickly he has risen in stature (that filibuster seemed to help him a lot). If he is going to be successful at it, he will have to take some more mainstream positions that some Libertarians will disagree with though to get enough votes to win.

Ronin Truth
11-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Ok, so we'll put you down as happy with the status quo. Hopefully you are in the minority.

What goodies are on your government Christmas wish list, since we're just dreaming here?

specsaregood
11-05-2014, 04:06 PM
What goodies are on your government Christmas wish list, since we're just dreaming here?

Well Audit the Fed would be a good start.
I like Randal's bill to lower the tax rate on foreign income.

I could probably sit and wax poetically over all kinds of stuff I'd like to see the new congress eliminate or at least lessen the burden from. Which would be doing something and not gridlock. But hey, you like the status quo so that probably wouldn't interest you.

pcosmar
11-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Seriously?

. This time may it not be a another Bush!

I expect "Business as Usual". and another Bush.

Ronin Truth
11-05-2014, 04:16 PM
The status quo is "doing crap". Doing nothing is much better and cheaper.

osan
11-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I predict mostly the same old saw. I pray I am wrong.

Campaigning inspires the tongue to promise freely. Election inspires regret.

osan
11-05-2014, 04:30 PM
audit the fed.

Tunnel vision.

Dismantle the Fed.

georgiaboy
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm hearing Mitch & others say they'll finally be able to pass a budget. Maybe Rand's 5 years to a balanced budget plan can be implemented.

Carlybee
11-05-2014, 04:57 PM
I think they should send a bill through to repeal Obamacare every day and let Obama veto it every day. Once these 2015 rates come in, we'll see how happy the libs who have to pay feel about it.

JK/SEA
11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
as long as we get more war and spending, things will be just fine, just fine...

Carlybee
11-05-2014, 05:11 PM
as long as we get more war and spending, things will be just fine, just fine...

War harder

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2014, 05:13 PM
I predict mostly the same old saw. I pray I am wrong.

Campaigning inspires the tongue to promise freely. Election inspires regret.
+rep

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2014, 06:35 PM
How the script changes for KABUKI THEATER WASHINGTON...

They all want their masters' AMNESTY passed through... Obama will give Amnesty plus whatever else they order on increased quotas for; H-1B, H-2C, Nursing, and any other demands from their campaign donors/bribery partnership planned.

Oh, John Boehner and Mitch McConnell will "Hoop and Holla" about Obama(Lame Duck) executive this or that. There will be calls for his head, impeachment, etc... then it will turn out just like those Unconstitutional Torturing War Criminals; W Bush, Dick Cheney, Doug Feith, Paul Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, etc... The Show will go on, people poorer, more inflation, less rights and liberties, more spying, more laws, more Fascism.

Same Old Shit... these clowns will be "High Fiven" one another behind closed doors... any political casualties or lame ducks that have bleed the system and max'ed out their government riches, will retire with full retirement, then onto future wealth/spoils in the private sector for serving their masters so well. Dem=Rep=People Lose

torchbearer
11-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Tunnel vision.

Dismantle the Fed.

I figure one leads to the other.
Find out what they did- then make the case for dismantling.

parocks
11-05-2014, 08:36 PM

What do you think the percentage of Muslims in the US who think that Obama is a Muslim?

Do you think it would be more than 46 percent or less than 46 percent?

Since Obama was a Muslim, when he was a child, and Muslims believe that if you're born a Muslim, you're a Muslim, I would think that number would be close to 100%.

NIU Students for Liberty
11-05-2014, 09:16 PM
I think they should send a bill through to repeal Obamacare every day and let Obama veto it every day. Once these 2015 rates come in, we'll see how happy the libs who have to pay feel about it.

Premiums already went up. Last year. Obamacare is not going anywhere.

Brett85
11-05-2014, 09:50 PM
The only very good thing about the Republicans gaining the majority in the Senate is that it will make it easier for Rand to get his judicial nominees confirmed if he gets elected President.

T.hill
11-06-2014, 12:20 AM

Repealing a law or two wouldn't hurt either.

Ronin Truth
11-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Repealing a law or two wouldn't hurt either.

When was the last time THAT happened? :rolleyes:

Law factories create laws, not repeal them. :p

cajuncocoa
11-06-2014, 11:34 AM
For all the ranting the GOP does about abortion during every election cycle, I'm always perplexed as to why abortion remained legal all the while they held the majority in the House, Senate and Executive Branch from 2003-2007.

I guess they were too busy sending 18-year olds off to die and murder for a lie.

The GOP talks the talk, but fails to walk the walk time after time. I'll be impressed when they actually overturn something they keep bitching about.

Lucille
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-06/if-you-really-think-it-matters-which-party-controls-senate-answer-these-questions

Please don't claim anything changes if one party or the other is in the majority. Anyone clinging to that fantasy is delusional.

If you really think it matters which political party controls the U.S. Senate, please answer these questions. Don't worry, they're not that difficult:

1. Will U.S. foreign policy in the Mideast change from being an incoherent pastiche of endless war and Imperial meddling? Please answer with a straight face. We all know the answer is that it doesn't matter who controls the Senate, Presidency or House of Representatives, nothing will change.

2. Will basic civil liberties be returned to the citizenry? You know, like the cops are no longer allowed to steal your cash when they stop you for a broken tail light and claim the cash was going to be used for a drug deal.

Or some limits on domestic spying by Central State agencies. You know, basic civil liberties as defined by the Bill of Rights and the U.S. constitution.

Don't make me laugh--you know darned well that it doesn't matter who controls the Senate, Presidency or House of Representatives, nothing will change.

3. Will the predatory, parasitic policies of the Federal Reserve that virtually everyone from the Wall Street Journal to what little remains of the authentic Left understands has greatly increased income and wealth inequality be reined in? Please don't claim either party has any will or interest in limiting the Fed's rapacious financialization. There is absolutely no evidence to support such a claim--it is pure wishful thinking.

4. Will the steaming pile of profiteering, corruption, waste, fraud and ineptitude that is Sickcare in the U.S. be truly reformed so its costs drop by 50% to match what every other developed democracy spends per person on universal healthcare? It doesn't matter if ObamaCare is repealed or not; that monstrosity was simply another layer of bureaucratic waste on an already hopelessly dysfunctional system.

If you answer "yes," please run a body scan on yourself to detect the biochips that were implanted while you voted Demopublican.

5. Will the influence of Big Money be well and truly banned from politics? If you answer yes, please pick up your tin-foil hat at the door.

6. Will the incentives in the Status Quo be reset to punish rapacious financialization and gaming the system and reward productive investment and labor? Before you answer, check out who's buttering the Senators' bread. Hint: Wall Street does not qualify as productive unless we're talking about the production of life-draining parasites. Virtually none of the vast armies of skimmers and scammers, from those pursuing bogus disability claims to lobbyist leeches, will suffer any consequence.

Moral hazard is the Status Quo's Prime Directive.

7. Will anything be done to dismantle the Neofeudal Debt-Serfdom known as student loans? You are delusional if you think either party has any interest in limiting the predation of an academic Upper Caste that came to do good and stayed to do well.

8. Will any prudent assessment be made of unaffordable weapons systems like the F-35 Lightning--$1.5 trillion and counting for aircraft that will soon be matched by drones that cost a fraction of the F-35's $200 million a piece price tag? No way--parts of those insanely costly jets are made in dozens of states, so the pork is well-distributed. Never mind the plane is lemon, built to fight the wars of the past. It's jobs, Baby--that's all that counts. Never mind the $1.5 trillion--we can always borrow another couple trillion--the Fed promised us.

Do you really think the Senate controlled by either party will ask why the F-35's price tag dropped to $120 million from $200 million? That's easy--the revised estimate left out the engine and avionics. They'll be added back in after the Senate approves open-ended funding.

If none of these key dynamics will change, you got nothing. Please don't claim anything changes if one party or the other is in the majority. Anyone clinging to that fantasy is delusional.

If you doubt this, please take the above quiz again.

Republicans will do their worst with their new majority: TPP, CISPA, incomprehensible immigration reform, and boots on the ground (to name a few) while doing nothing to stop any of the above.

osan
11-06-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm hearing Mitch & others say they'll finally be able to pass a budget. Maybe Rand's 5 years to a balanced budget plan can be implemented.

Not sure I can get excited about this. The debt is so high that we will never pay it off, so a balanced budget seems to me like wishful thinking and window dressing.

But please illuminate me if I am wrong.

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm hearing Mitch & others say they'll finally be able to pass a budget.

That is not a very funny joke.

pcosmar
11-06-2014, 02:47 PM
The only very good thing about the Republicans gaining the majority in the Senate is that it will make it easier for Rand to get his judicial nominees confirmed if he gets elected President.

or Jeb Bush.

CPUd
11-06-2014, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV2k-XPAky4

THX 1138
11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
So the GOP has the house and senate. Now what?

Even if every single office throughout the entire country was filled by a Republican...well, that might be a good start, but ultimately even THAT wouldn't be enough.

AngryCanadian
11-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Call for Obama to be arrested and indicted!

Then what? Have an Republican whose can be a lot worse as Obama?

jclay2
11-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Even if every single office throughout the entire country was filled by a Republican...well, that might be a good start, but ultimately even THAT wouldn't be enough.

It wouldn't do a thing! They still wouldn't balance the budget and ultimately, they would divide into two groups of conservative and moderate bringing back the two party system.

TheTexan
11-08-2014, 03:10 PM
So the GOP has the house and senate. Now what?

Now, with most of the voting done for now, I can pursue my other passions such as my campaign to get Honey Boo Boo back on the air.

ChristianAnarchist
11-08-2014, 05:20 PM
"So the GOP has the house and senate. Now what?"

Now the sheeple can go back to sleep...

KingNothing
11-17-2014, 09:50 AM

There is a zero percent chance of that happening.
What may happen is a softening of taxes, regulations, spending, and abuses of privacy as Rand and Mitch push smaller, nuanced, legislation that is virtually impossible to oppose. I have a feeling that we're going to see incremental improvements. Rand and the GOP want, I think, to be seen as doing more than just shouting "NO!" at Obama. If they can position themselves to offer reasonable alternatives, approve them, and force Obama into looking like an ass by either vetoing them or approving them, they may be carry this momentum onward to 2016.

donnay
11-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Then what? Have an Republican whose can be a lot worse as Obama?

Well if the ball EVER got rolling--or heads figuratively, I think more of these Representatives would toe-the-line knowing that the people mean business.

Pericles
11-17-2014, 03:04 PM
There is a zero percent chance of that happening.
What may happen is a softening of taxes, regulations, spending, and abuses of privacy as Rand and Mitch push smaller, nuanced, legislation that is virtually impossible to oppose. I have a feeling that we're going to see incremental improvements. Rand and the GOP want, I think, to be seen as doing more than just shouting "NO!" at Obama. If they can position themselves to offer reasonable alternatives, approve them, and force Obama into looking like an ass by either vetoing them or approving them, they may be carry this momentum onward to 2016.

Warning shot to get serious and primary these losers.

coastie
11-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Are we talking about voting harder again?

ChristianAnarchist
11-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Are we talking about voting harder again?

No, voting more often... (preferably 100's of times if you can...)

H. E. Panqui
11-25-2014, 07:49 AM
RINOs have to be put to the test early. It will tale time to ID good candidates and do the ground game to primary when that becomes required.

:eek:

(Hint: Republicans have always sucked like the intake of a massive jet engine! So to be called a 'Republican in Name Only' could be a good thing!)