PDA

View Full Version : After GOP Takes Senate Expect More John McCain and More Drums of Wars.

AngryCanadian
11-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Congrats America today you didn't vote for change yet just more of the same Wolf in sheep's clothing” how is that going to bring change and hope to the general American public?

What to Expect in Few Months.
-John McCain being an member of the armed services committee, which is likely to occur.
Election could hand McCain armed services gavel (http://www.stripes.com/news/election-could-hand-mccain-armed-services-gavel-1.311907)

-Republicans if elected in the senate they will be pushing Obama and the Dems to approve "BOOTS on the Ground in Ukraine/Syria"

-More benefits for the wealthy elites.

-Kissing Israel's heels even further.

-McCain stated that when the GOP takes the senate they will push again to arm the rebels in Syria. :rolleyes:

Why America?

So are you happy with the vote? happy with the direction where your country is heading? if so nothing will change even if the republicans in the control of the senate, expect you would be hearing more drums of war from old tarts whom haven't seen a conflict and one tart whom needs to retire.

Either way fellow Americans i am sadden at the direction where America is going at today, not to mention how America has just two parties leading them control your lives with lies, fears, misguidance. They have being misleading America for more then 4 decades or longer no matter which party both are responsible for the problems in America today.

Today either America or the corporations have taken the advantage of your stupidity and foolishness.
Today America will have more wars in the world.

For now i just pray for the Americans whom did the right thing.
And wish you good luck.

AuH20
11-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Gridlock between branches is a good thing for the time being.

thoughtomator
11-04-2014, 11:59 PM
If you hadn't noticed, John McCain did not miss a beat when we went from Bush to Obama, nor did any of the rest of the War Party. If anything Obama is even more militarist/aggressive than Bush was.

twomp
11-05-2014, 12:00 AM
The 2 parties were always 1 party especially when it comes to foreign policy. IF there is a positive takeaway from this, it is that Rand Paul might score some more political sway. I doubt many here are jumping for joy because Team Red took over the Senate (cept for a few members). It's not like the Senate was doing anything anyways. The only positive would be the effect it has on Rand Paul and his presidential run in 2016.

It's about to get crazy in these forums in 2015/2016. The rEVOLution is back and it will be bigger than ever.

CPUd
11-05-2014, 12:04 AM
A stacked GOP legislature is going to:

- listen to what Obama says
- take the opposite position, and if it causes a problem, blame it on Obama

Obama is going to:

- listen to what the GOP in Congress say
- take the opposite position, and if it causes a problem, blame it on Congress

ETA: while this is going on, NDAAs and other spending bills will still get passed and signed into law.

Christian Liberty
11-05-2014, 12:23 AM
I did two things today:

Got borderline depressed at the sheer number of people.... people who are actually fairly libertarian in their own beliefs even, cheerleading "Team Red" because "the Democrats are worse."

Did not vote.

AuH20
11-05-2014, 12:26 AM
I did two things today:

Got borderline depressed at the sheer number of people.... people who are actually fairly libertarian in their own beliefs even, cheerleading "Team Red" because "the Democrats are worse."

Did not vote.

It's actually refreshing to see those long protected charlatans (the democrats) get their teeth kicked in for once. And you don't have to like RINOs to enjoy this. We all know what the Republican establishment stands for, but it' still funny see the privileged class insulated with every inherent advantage in the book take such a brutal beating in the polls.

thoughtomator
11-05-2014, 12:26 AM
I did two things today:

Did not vote.

Nobody's cheerleading "Team Red" any further than they represent a rejection of Obama.

AuH20
11-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Nobody's cheerleading "Team Red" any further than they represent a rejection of Obama.

Exactly.

Christian Liberty
11-05-2014, 12:31 AM
It's actually refreshing to see those long protected charlatans (the democrats) get their teeth kicked in for once. And you don't have to like RINOs to enjoy this. We all know what the Republican establishment stands for, but it' still funny see the privileged class insulated with every inherent advantage in the book take such a brutal beating in the polls.

I'm actually the opposite. I hate the Republicans more. Its my religious upbringing, mostly. Nobody thinks the Democrats represent Biblical Principles. Lots of evangelicals think the GOP does. I like watching brainwashed people in the church get frustrated.

Mind you, I'd NEVER support the statist shills in the Democratic Party anymore so than the Republican Party. Ultimately, though, I want to see evangelical churches wake up and stop supporting blatant immorality. The more neocon Republicans get elected, the more statist evangelicals become. And the more frustrated I am.

Sorry, I had my college wing in mind, not this forum. This forum obviously isn't a big fan of most Republicans.

oyarde
11-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Well , if it makes you all feel better , I predict Peters , Landrieu and Shaheen will all win , and if that is not enough for you ,there is always , Biden, Reid , Boxer , Feinstein ,Schumer , McCain , the Clintons , Kerry , Graham , Boehner , etc , to bring you joy ..... do not fear , the country is still full throttle leftist freaks .

Rudeman
11-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Sorry I enjoy gridlock so yes I was on Team Red because that's the best chance of it happening.

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2014, 12:40 AM
A stacked GOP legislature is going to:

- listen to what Obama says
- take the opposite position, and if it causes a problem, blame it on Obama

Obama is going to:

- listen to what the GOP in Congress say
- take the opposite position, and if it causes a problem, blame it on Congress

ETA: while this is going on, NDAAs and other spending bills will still get passed and signed into law.

That happening would actually decimate the GOP Establishment, because in the face of the worst communist crisis in American history, the Republicans won enough key races by the skin of their teeth to have reversed the outcome...and the margin in all of them was "Tea people holding their noses." You watch, the Gopclown that got the Seat does something awful and they won't be holding their noses anymore.

The underlying current remains. The grassroots sense of betrayal is still exploding. This Republican Majority has won it's place with the lowest approval rating in history. From it's own party. lol

Of course they will try to do horrible things. Almost none of which will be veto proof, and I bet Obama is gonna go out like Sherman burning his way through the South. Much of the next year will be spent on revenge against Reid and his clan. much of the following year will be spent profiting from the fallout. 2016 and on is when the really bad stuff would start. And if Rand is in the Oval Office...

Christian Liberty
11-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Sorry I enjoy gridlock so yes I was on Team Red because that's the best chance of it happening.

You are forgiven;)

In all seriousness, I don't care who one roots for, in relative terms. I can understand wanting the Republicans to win because gridlock. But for me, and this is primarily a religious issue, this whole idea that the warmongering fascists in the GOP actually represent Christian values needs to go away. Christians who support the MIC and heavy-handed, authoritarian government need to repent of their idolatry. That will not happen as long as Republicans keep winning.

I don't like the democrats either. But then, nobody tries to say the Democrats are the Christian party, that the nation's moral fabric will be destroyed unless the democrats win, and that democrat's foreign policy is somehow divinely sanctioned. Or at least, not in the circles I was in. If my church was full of Jim Wallis type Democrats, I could very easily see myself reflexively almost wishing the Republicans would win to spite them. That's how I feel about the Democrats ATM.

The GOP already had the house so it would have been gridlock either way.

That happening would actually decimate the GOP Establishment, because in the face of the worst communist crisis in American history, the Republicans won enough key races by the skin of their teeth to have reversed the outcome...and the margin in all of them was "Tea people holding their noses." You watch, the Gopclown that got the Seat does something awful and they won't be holding their noses anymore.

The underlying current remains. The grassroots sense of betrayal is still exploding. This Republican Majority has won it's place with the lowest approval rating in history. From it's own party. lol

Of course they will try to do horrible things. Almost none of which will be veto proof, and I bet Obama is gonna go out like Sherman burning his way through the South. Much of the next year will be spent on revenge against Reid and his clan. much of the following year will be spent profiting from the fallout. 2016 and on is when the really bad stuff would start. And if Rand is in the Oval Office...

If Rand is in the Oval Office, then what?

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2014, 01:02 AM
The GOP already had the house so it would have been gridlock either way.

Not really. Not as locked up as it needs to be. Obama's still been doing some nasty Shyt mostly because of a complicit Senate. Senate is a powerful thing.

If Rand is in the Oval Office, then what?

A Republican Congress likes to take the lead of a Republican President. More awesome stuff and less horrible stuff.

puppetmaster
11-05-2014, 01:11 AM
I am satisfied at the results as it is a very small step. Rand and company will have their voices heard a bit more now that Reid is toast. Small victory but one that had to be done in order for the next step. No one thinks this is finished.

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2014, 01:37 AM
I am satisfied at the results as it is a very small step. Rand and company will have their voices heard a bit more now that Reid is toast. Small victory but one that had to be done in order for the next step. No one thinks this is finished.
Rand in particular will have his voice heard a LOT more since he's been so active and visible campaigning for all of these people....

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2014, 01:38 AM
Lol Rand canegitimately claim responsibility for the new Republican Majority. :D

nobody's_hero
11-05-2014, 01:59 AM

Honestly yes. After Dems got bitch slapped in GA today, I'm not shedding a tear for them. I'm crying for my country, because none of this really changes anything. But, yes, the sheer arrogance of the Democratic party's supporters (on par with the GOP Convention of 2012), makes me sort of wish they'd never gain so much as a dog-catcher position again. Maybe it's not the same in every state, but for the past 3 months we've heard nothing but democrats telling small-government people that their ideas are unpopular and that they should stop trying to "obstruct" every government-growing bill that comes out of the legislature.

I'm not thrilled with a GOP majority because I don't think it changes anything. I didn't even vote this go-round. But yes, deep down, on the inside, I'd be really happy if Georgia Dems would STFU now and stop telling everyone that the Tea Party/Libertarian types are ruining the GOP's chances. I'd also be really happy if the GOP would stop taking such advice from the Democrats.

jkob
11-05-2014, 02:35 AM
now will be the time Rand shows his true colors

he needs to stand up the Republican majority

Antischism
11-05-2014, 03:08 AM
I voted for Mickey Mouse today. I did my part.

In any case, yes, that's to be expected, sadly.

r3volution 3.0
11-05-2014, 03:18 AM
-Republicans if elected in the senate they will be pushing Obama and the Dems to approve "BOOTS on the Ground in Ukraine/Syria"

Don't think so.

The Republicans know how deeply unpopular that is (as do Obama and the Dems, which is the only reason they haven't done it)

Not a single one of them, to my knowledge, has proposed it - many have gone out of their way to state their opposition to it.

In fact, I think the Reps taking the Senate will mean less bellicose rhetoric, and no meaningful change in policy.

For years they've been attacking Obama for "failing to lead" on foreign policy. But what do they actually want to do differently than Obama? Nothing IMO. Foreign policy is still 100% bipartisan. But the Reps have to say something to paint a contrast and justify their existence. So they blather about vague "failures of leadership." Now that they're actually in power, they can't just blather. They'll either have to tone down their rhetoric, or actually send bills to Obama's desk demanding some substantive change in policy - which they won't do IMO, because they're actually quite happy with Obama's foreign policy.

After January, I look forward to the cessation of the daily "OMG ISIS!" terror-thon that's been plaguing the country for the last several months.

anaconda
11-05-2014, 04:26 AM
Well , if it makes you all feel better , I predict Peters , Landrieu and Shaheen will all win

Landrieu?

enhanced_deficit
11-05-2014, 11:52 AM
After GOP Takes Senate Expect More John McCain and More Drums of Wars.

True... but also expect a lot of beating of the war drummers by the rest of the chorus. Things are changing.

Christian Liberty
11-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Lol Rand canegitimately claim responsibility for the new Republican Majority. :D

That's a valid point. That might be a legitimate reason for me to car e. I guess we'll see. If in 20 years this somehow works out to get Rand elected for President AND we see the government cut even by 20%, I'll admit that substantial progress was made, that Rand's strategy worked, and that I should have cared about this election.

But for now, I'm just indifferent and tired of the Team Red cheerleaders (in real life, people here aren't cheering for team red so much as for Rand Paul specifically, which makes sense.)

CaptainAmerica
11-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Congrats America today you didn't vote for change yet just more of the same Wolf in sheep's clothing” how is that going to bring change and hope to the general American public?

What to Expect in Few Months.
-John McCain being an member of the armed services committee, which is likely to occur.
Election could hand McCain armed services gavel (http://www.stripes.com/news/election-could-hand-mccain-armed-services-gavel-1.311907)

-More benefits for the wealthy elites.

-Kissing Israel's heels even further.

-McCain stated that when the GOP takes the senate they will push again to arm the rebels in Syria. :rolleyes:

Why America?

So are you happy with the vote? happy with the direction where your country is heading? if so nothing will change even if the republicans in the control of the senate, expect you would be hearing more drums of war from old tarts whom haven't seen a conflict and one tart whom needs to retire.

Either way fellow Americans i am sadden at the direction where America is going at today, not to mention how America has just two parties leading them control your lives with lies, fears, misguidance. They have being misleading America for more then 4 decades or longer no matter which party both are responsible for the problems in America today.

Today either America or the corporations have taken the advantage of your stupidity and foolishness.
Today America will have more wars in the world.

For now i just pray for the Americans whom did the right thing.
And wish you good luck.

McCain would be put under a microscope for funding free syrian rebel army . Don't expect his lameduck ass to get anything done

GunnyFreedom
11-05-2014, 11:44 PM

Do you secretly live in my precinct? Someone in my precinct voted "Mickey Mouse" for US Senator.

Aratus
11-06-2014, 06:57 AM
gunny... disney + warner bro animation fans like the golden age of hollywood
and live in all the wise states of our union! however if your vibes are correct...

anaconda
11-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Do you secretly live in my precinct? Someone in my precinct voted "Mickey Mouse" for US Senator.

I believe there are many votes nationwide for Mickey Mouse.

http://prospect.org/article/if-you-give-mouse-vote

Ender
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM

I'd vote for Mickey any day. ;)

GunnyFreedom
11-06-2014, 12:55 PM
I believe there are many votes nationwide for Mickey Mouse.

http://prospect.org/article/if-you-give-mouse-vote

Someone else voted "None of the above." Which made me smile lol :)

CPUd
11-06-2014, 12:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MiMzpnT.jpg

twomp
11-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Don't think so.

The Republicans know how deeply unpopular that is (as do Obama and the Dems, which is the only reason they haven't done it)

Not a single one of them, to my knowledge, has proposed it - many have gone out of their way to state their opposition to it.

In fact, I think the Reps taking the Senate will mean less bellicose rhetoric, and no meaningful change in policy.

For years they've been attacking Obama for "failing to lead" on foreign policy. But what do they actually want to do differently than Obama? Nothing IMO. Foreign policy is still 100% bipartisan. But the Reps have to say something to paint a contrast and justify their existence. So they blather about vague "failures of leadership." Now that they're actually in power, they can't just blather. They'll either have to tone down their rhetoric, or actually send bills to Obama's desk demanding some substantive change in policy - which they won't do IMO, because they're actually quite happy with Obama's foreign policy.

After January, I look forward to the cessation of the daily "OMG ISIS!" terror-thon that's been plaguing the country for the last several months.

Obama just asked for AUMF to fight ISIS. Let's see what your Team Red senate majority does. I bet they authorize him.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462572-Congress-Should-Vote-Down-the-AUMF-for-the-War-Against-ISIS

Lucille
11-07-2014, 08:57 AM
hxxp://hotair.com/archives/2014/11/06/the-gop-agenda-hawkishness-abroad-and-at-home/

Lake’s GOP sources expect the new Congress to vigorously oppose a deal with Iran which would leave it a nuclear threshold nation. They also expect to devote a new focus to a revanchist strain on the rise in Beijing and Moscow, and will seek to counter militarism in the South China Sea and in Ukraine.

While there is some ambiguity about how the GOP will govern in the majority, it is clear they will seek to create a contrast between their brand of governance and that of the Democrats. Hawkishness will be the order of the new day.

SMH

Kristol's pretty smug about it (but when isn't he?):

http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/06/just-how-quickly-will-gop-ramp-up-defens

Lake quotes neocon mag editor Bill Kristol:

As Ron Paul, the isolationist father of Sen. Rand Paul, tweeted Tuesday evening: “Republican control of the Senate = expanded neocon wars in Syria and Iraq. Boots on the ground are coming!” William Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard, was in rare agreement with the elder Paul. “I think Ron Paul told the truth,” Kristol told The Daily Beast. “And the truth is that his son had a bad election season and the Republicans who were elected are various species of hawks and not Rand Paul-like doves.”
[...]
If the GOP figures this is their moment to pay out more money to defense contractors and to start a new series of interventions, well, it was nice knowing them.