PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell Share Skepticism of Ted Cruz's Obamacare Plan

r3volution 3.0
11-03-2014, 10:18 PM
hxxp://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/rand-paul-and-mitch-mcconnell-share-skepticism-of-ted-cruzs

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky — A potential Republican-controlled Senate should focus more on legislation it will be able to pass instead of throwing all its energy into a wholesale repeal of Obamacare, both Sens. Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell agreed on Monday. Sen. Ted Cruz — a likely 2016 presidential candidate like Paul, and the ringleader of the aggressive House Republican caucus from his perch in the Senate — told the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/cruz-provides-the-assist-but-hes-looking-beyond-tuesday/2014/11/02/d54b1e50-62aa-11e4-836c-83bc4f26eb67_story.html?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_t witter_washingtonpost) on Sunday that if the Republicans win the Senate this Election Day, they should “pursue every means possible to repeal Obamacare,” including exploiting various parliamentary procedures to avoid a Democratic filibuster. “We ought to concentrate just on winning” the election, Paul said when asked about Cruz’s comments on Monday after a stop on the campaign trail with McConnell in Kentucky. “There are a lot of things I want to do, and everybody has their own sort of agenda.”

Very interesting. I was wondering what Rand's new role in the new Senate would be, whether he'd be on the inside passing legislation or marginalized on the outside fighting the leadership. This helps allay my concerns! Rand will be in, getting all leadership-y and Presidential-ly ahead of 2016, while Cruz is going to be on the outside, planning another glory-hogging farce about Obamacare (remember his pale imitation of Rand's filibuster last year?). And it's not just 2016, this is genuinely good news on the policy front. The GOP can do a few good things in the next two years, but not if they waste all their political capital banging their heads against the veto pen on Obamacare.

twomp
11-03-2014, 10:32 PM
lol ted cruz...

RonPaulFanInGA
11-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Cruz is such a clown. I can't wait to hear his sad concession speech after he inevitably fails to win the GOP presidential nomination.