PDA

View Full Version : SC-Dog owner confused after Charleston police officers shoot and kill his pets

Anti Federalist
11-02-2014, 11:55 PM
What's to be confused about, mundane?

The officers felt their safety was at risk and shot and killed your fucking dogs.

Fuck you, that's why.

Now, take your summons and move your ass along. - Lt. Col. Friendly

Dog owner confused after Charleston police officers shoot and kill his pets

http://www.wowktv.com/story/27188783/dog-owner-confused-after-charleston-police-officers-shoot-and-kill-his-pets

Posted: Nov 02, 2014 10:58 PM EST Updated: Nov 02, 2014 11:27 PM EST

Charleston, West Virgina -

On October 19th, officers with the Charleston Police Department (CPD) responded to several calls about two dogs terrorizing people in the Woodbridge Drive area. According to a police scanner report, callers said things like "I am trapped in my car because two vicious dogs are outside", "The dogs just knocked over an elderly man", and "The dogs are chasing my son".

The owner of the dogs, Rick Maddox, was out of town when his pets Betty Boop and Dozer left his home through their doggie door.

He said they have always stayed on his property and never attacked anyone before.

After CPD officers arrived on scene, they tracked the dogs back to Maddox's property.

Sgt. Paul Perdue with the Charleston Police Department said the officers on scene were trapped in their car by the dogs, so they called for backup.

When the second cruiser arrived the dogs ran up to it, giving the other officers a chance to exit their vehicle.

Additionally, Sgt. Perdue said the dogs then turned around and tried attacking both officers. He said his fellow officers had no choice but to shoot and kill both dogs.

"I would never ask someone to put their life on the line to keep from getting bit by a dog" said Sgt. Perdue.

After being shot, Betty Boop jumped into the police cruiser and died, Dozer ran back into Maddox's home where police say they entered through an unlocked door. Sgt. Perdue said Dozer lost a lot of blood, so they called a humane officer to the scene to euthanize him.

Rick Maddox still can't believe that his dogs were capable of terrorizing and entire neighborhood.

"They were both very friendly dogs...they knew no stranger. There wasn't a vicious bone in either dog" says Maddox.

Maddox said he got the news about his pets from his father after police stopped by his house. When Maddox returned home, he found blood all over his drive way and on the couch downstairs where Dozer was euthanized.

He was told that the dogs bodies were collected by a humane officer, but when he called to get them he was told that they had already been destroyed.

He added that he is struggling to find closure because he wasn't there to know exactly what happened.

"I couldn't take my dogs to the family farm and bury them with generations of other family pets" said Maddox.

Officials with the Charleston Police Department also added that Maddox is facing charges of harboring vicious animals.

However, Maddox said he isn't worried about the charges because he doesn't feel that the entire story is being told.

We will keep you updated with the latest on this developing story.

heavenlyboy34
11-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Now, take your summons and move your ass along. - Lt. Col. Friendly
Nice to see officer Friendly got a promotion...

Anti Federalist
11-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Nice to see officer Friendly got a promotion...

Well, they all go marching around calling each other by military rank, I figured I'd better get with the times.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gxtW4xMFiX8/Tm5DFprWmUI/AAAAAAAABUQ/Wd2CE2sbrTM/s400/cop+t-shirt.jpg

thoughtomator
11-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Wrong state in title - is WV not SC

kingtut
11-03-2014, 08:06 AM
>responded to several calls about two dogs terrorizing people in the Woodbridge Drive area. According to a police scanner report, callers said things like "I am trapped in my car because two vicious dogs are outside", "The dogs just knocked over an elderly man", and "The dogs are chasing my son".

Of all the dog shooting stories out there (and lord knows I've read enough of them), I'm not convinced that this is one that is going to gain much sympathy with anyone. Nor should it.

JK/SEA
11-03-2014, 08:43 AM
>responded to several calls about two dogs terrorizing people in the Woodbridge Drive area. According to a police scanner report, callers said things like "I am trapped in my car because two vicious dogs are outside", "The dogs just knocked over an elderly man", and "The dogs are chasing my son".

Of all the dog shooting stories out there (and lord knows I've read enough of them), I'm not convinced that this is one that is going to gain much sympathy with anyone. Nor should it.

well, you would have to assume those calls were legit, and not just someone playing a game with this guy and the dogs, and the cops, because as we all know, cops most of the time win these 'games'...SWATTED is one form of a game people like to play, agreed?...

Anti Federalist
11-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Wrong state in title - is WV not SC

Thanks, I'll see if somebody can change it for me.

SeanTX
11-03-2014, 09:48 AM

The problem is the police have gotten things to the point where every use of force has to be questioned. Like the recent case in Cleburne, TX, the cop said that a pitbull came up to him snarling and then charged at him and he was "forced" to shoot it. Then we saw the body cam footage and he was making kissing noises at it to make it come closer and it wasn't snarling or charging.

And the police have been known to exaggerate or flat out lie about 911 calls. Here a couple of weeks back the local PD shot two dogs that had attacked people and were supposedly keeping paramedics away from getting to one of the victims. On the surface, it sounds like probably a good shoot, if the police report was true -- but that could be a big "if".

Anti Federalist
11-03-2014, 10:02 AM
The problem is the police have gotten things to the point where every use of force has to be questioned. Like the recent case in Cleburne, TX, the cop said that a pitbull came up to him snarling and then charged at him and he was "forced" to shoot it. Then we saw the body cam footage and he was making kissing noises at it to make it come closer and it wasn't snarling or charging.

And the police have been known to exaggerate or flat out lie about 911 calls. Here a couple of weeks back the local PD shot two dogs that had attacked people and were supposedly keeping paramedics away from getting to one of the victims. On the surface, it sounds like probably a good shoot, if the police report was true -- but that could be a big "if".

Not could be, that IS a big "if".

pcosmar
11-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Not could be, that IS a big "if".

This goes here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDN66XBm2I

SeanTX
11-03-2014, 08:34 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/graphic-video-shows-swat-team-kill-small-dog-walked/

Graphic Video Shows SWAT Team Kill a Small Dog as it Walked Away From Them

By Matt Agorist on November 3, 2014

Racine, WI — An argument between two neighbors escalated to a SWAT standoff and ended with a man’s small dog being shot as it ran from the police.

The graphic incident was caught a cellphone by one of the neighbors. It is absolutely disgusting.

The incident began when a man’s dog defecated on his neighbor’s lawn, and when she asked him to clean it up, he threatened her family.

When the police were called the confrontation ended up in a 2 hour standoff.

Allegedly the man threatened to use the dog as a weapon against police during the standoff. When the small dog came outside, it was obviously frightened and tried running away. That is when the SWAT team apparently feared for their lives and fired, killing the dog.

In an email reply to a concerned citizen, Racine Police Chief Art Howell wrote the following message:

" On a personal level, I am saddened over the loss of a domestic pet that more than likely, had no malice against anyone. As more information is released however, members of the public will have a better understanding of nature of the dilemma officers faced as this incident unfolded."

snip

aGameOfThrones
11-04-2014, 05:16 AM
John wick

TheTexan
11-04-2014, 05:59 AM
This goes here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDN66XBm2I

Dog owner talking about officer that tried to shoot his dog:

"He was in pain... I felt sorry for him. ...... Dog is fine, [the officer] is gonna be ok, and you know, get to move on to another day".

That... is a fine American. I, too, am glad the Officer is OK.

jonhowe
11-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Similar story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dog-shot-dead-swat-team-dispute-dog-poop-article-1.1997732

SWAT VS DOG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJS8jMwlqo