PDA

View Full Version : Never go on O'Reilly

NaturalMystic
11-02-2014, 10:29 AM
It would be awesome to continue to blow this buffoon off. He feels like everyone needs to kiss his ring for any legitimacy. I would love to see the temper tantrum that would ensue.

r3volution 3.0
11-02-2014, 05:59 PM
I agree, both as a smart political move and to spite that arrogant POS.

phill4paul
11-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Who the hell would think..."Look at those pigs fucking in that mud pit. I think I should go join them. Then people will see that I stand apart even though I'm covered in mud and pig cum."

Just. Don't.

anaconda
11-02-2014, 06:17 PM
O'Reilly is simply a toxic person that anyone should want to avoid. I wonder if he has any actual friends.

phill4paul
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
O'Reilly is simply a toxic person that anyone should want to avoid. I wonder if he has any actual friends.

John Stewart seems to like him. He let's him eat up his airtime with frequency.

anaconda
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
It would be awesome to continue to blow this buffoon off. He feels like everyone needs to kiss his ring for any legitimacy. I would love to see the temper tantrum that would ensue.

He has temper tantrums even when people do appear on his show.

anaconda
11-02-2014, 06:22 PM
John Stewart seems to like him. He let's him eat up his airtime with frequency.

Are you saying Stewart is a frequent guest on The Factor? I don't watch TV much anymore so I don't know. I thought Stewart only went on that show every few years or so to have kind of a summit pow wow with Bill O.

phill4paul
11-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Are you saying Stewart is a frequent guest on The Factor? I don't watch TV much anymore so I don't know. I thought Stewart only went on that show every few years or so to have kind of a summit pow wow with Bill O.

Don't know about "The Factor" but have seen clips of Bill O. on "The Daily Show" quite a few times.

William Tell
11-02-2014, 06:31 PM
That's a gross analogy, Phill.

phill4paul
11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
That's a gross analogy, Phill.

Well, I find both Bill O. and John Stewart gross so... yeah... ya got a point!

FriedChicken
11-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Bill is unfortunately really influential to the 60+ crowd during primaries.

That said ... Bill ain't going to do a darned thing to help Rand regardless of whether he goes on his show or not. And, unfortunately, I think Bill's audience is one of those cult like crowds. Regardless of how sound an argument someone makes - when Bill says they're stupid the audience instantly agrees.

Why was this randomly brought up? Bill say something recently that caused this thread?

anaconda
11-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Don't know about "The Factor" but have seen clips of Bill O. on "The Daily Show" quite a few times.

Ah, now I see. But doesn't Stewart use the footage to lampoon O'Reilly?

francisco
11-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Never go on O'Reilly

Practically a meme of its own: Never Go Full Retard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y3FzVQi-R8

On edit: In the case of O'Reilly: Never Go Full BLOWHARD

fr33
11-02-2014, 10:33 PM
I totally agree. Never go on O'Reilly. If you are a politician like Rand, Massie, or Amash, never even mention him.

VIDEODROME
11-02-2014, 10:37 PM
THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_g6d6tHRck

francisco
11-02-2014, 10:56 PM
THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_g6d6tHRck

LOL

Passage at end starting~ 2:45 pure gold

Paraphrasing:

Watters: "Well that wasn't so bad. You don't want to go on O'Reilly and explain it to him?"

RP: "Well he would never have understood it."

anaconda
11-02-2014, 10:59 PM
I totally agree. Never go on O'Reilly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4dFDBYWuTc

cindy25
11-03-2014, 12:14 AM
better to face it now, instead of later. he has too big an audience to ignore

anaconda
11-03-2014, 03:20 AM
better to face it now, instead of later. he has too big an audience to ignore

He can utilize many other Fox formats besides The Factor. Hannity, Fox And Friends, Megyn Kelly, Greta, Cavuto, etc. He doesn't need O'Reilly. He can do that time slot when Laura Ingraham fills in.

devil21
11-03-2014, 03:08 PM
The flipside to this is that Bill O is known for calling out people that won't go on his show and smearing them unopposed. It's a catch 22.

r3volution 3.0
11-03-2014, 03:11 PM
The flipside to this is that Bill O is known for calling out people that won't go on his show and smearing them unopposed. It's a catch 22.

True, but a Bill-O soliloquy attacking Rand won't get nearly the coverage of an interview.

dillo
11-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Not going on Oreilly is a mistake in my eyes. Its a lot of potential primary voters and I think Rand could easily out argue Bill. Its free marketing to a huge viewership.

r3volution 3.0
11-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Not going on Oreilly is a mistake in my eyes. Its a lot of potential primary voters and I think Rand could easily out argue Bill. Its free marketing to a huge viewership.

No no no, there's no argument allowed on the Factor.

Bill levels accusations phrased as questions, lets the guest speak for about 15 seconds, and then cuts him off screaming.

This is repeated 2 or 3 times, at which point Bill gets angry, calls the guest a pinhead, and ends the interview.

He concludes with a soliloquy about how right he was.

One of these days, one of Bill's in-studio guests is going to murder him with a stapler during a commercial break.

He's the most obnoxious POS on TV.

Krugminator2
11-03-2014, 05:26 PM

He has already done that to Rand a few times. He even had an entire segment on Rand not coming on his show.

Suzu
11-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Bill is unfortunately really influential to the 60+ crowd during primaries.
I just want to pipe in here and say that I find this comment offensive. I've been a part of the "60+ crowd" for a while now, and I find Bill O. as asinine as the rest of you. At least 80% of my friends who agree with me about Bill O. are also 60+. When I was 40, your comment would have been true. But now those people are 80+, and 60 is the new 40. So stop painting everyone over 60 with the same brush, please. Some of us are proud to be in the 60-80 age range WITH Ron Paul, OK?

NaturalMystic
11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Only on Rand's terms and not in studio. He should be like the president and make Billo come to him. His disrespect is disgusting and he should be called to task for it. Some of Rand's rebranding efforts of the gop is due to the damage O'Reilly has caused

Deborah K
11-03-2014, 07:35 PM

It's a smear campaign whether he goes on his show or not. And that's all Rand has to allude to when he's asked why he doesn't go on his show. Nothing wrong with stating the facts - Rand is NOT O'Reilly's choice for Prez- thus, if he's not with him, he's against him.

devil21
11-03-2014, 08:19 PM
It's a smear campaign whether he goes on his show or not. And that's all Rand has to allude to when he's asked why he doesn't go on his show. Nothing wrong with stating the facts - Rand is NOT O'Reilly's choice for Prez- thus, if he's not with him, he's against him.

There is one wrinkle to this topic that hasn't been seen before though imo. Rand polls a lot higher, with much higher general favorability ratings with rank-and-file GOP than Ron or any other candidate/interviewee that Bill would openly trash on his show. I'm sure Bill would be tough on Rand but Im not convinced avoiding him during the official campaign would be a good move, considering Bill's demographic.

Rand is very good.

georgiaboy
11-03-2014, 09:00 PM
so glad I swore off Fox back in 2008. I do not miss Bill in the slightest.

Whatever Rand decides to do, he will own it.

Deborah K
11-04-2014, 12:12 PM
There is one wrinkle to this topic that hasn't been seen before though imo. Rand polls a lot higher, with much higher general favorability ratings with rank-and-file GOP than Ron or any other candidate/interviewee that Bill would openly trash on his show. I'm sure Bill would be tough on Rand but Im not convinced avoiding him during the official campaign would be a good move, considering Bill's demographic.

Rand is very good.

It's a good point you make. I guess we'll see what he does. If I were Rand, I'd have someone on my staff pay very close attention to everything that comes out of O's mouth about Rand, during the campaign. He will never be able to assume that he will be treated fairly by that guy. And I'm not talking about tough questions either, I'm talking about constantly being interrupted, subjected to hyperbole, strawman arguments, the whole gamut of slings and arrows. Don't forget, O was happy to spread unsubstantiated rumors on his show once that linked Ron to some child molestation accusation. He does NOT like Ron at all because Ron made him look like fool once during an interview about economics. O didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and it became obvious to anyone watching. I have zero trust in the creep.

specsaregood
11-04-2014, 12:16 PM

He should just say the same thing he said when asked about Christie last weekend.