PDA

View Full Version : Official blimp flight plan

jp5065
12-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Is there an official blimp fight plan? I didn't see one on the website.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 01:51 AM
from the e-mail sent to pledgers:

" The inaugural launch will be at Elizabeth City, North Carolina on December 10th, 2007. Blimp graphics are being printed at this very moment, soon they will be soaring across America. "

i think it's planning to hit the boston tea party too. not sure beyond that.

jp5065
12-03-2007, 01:52 AM
so... no?

besides where it will take off from

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 01:55 AM
No but there ahve been alot of voluneers to plot the best route. I am sure its fourth coming. Stuff takes TIME PEOPLE!

Primbs
12-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Hopefully if some large donors come through, they would be given some input into directing strategy or directing where the Blimp might go.

It is up to forum members to help direct where the blimp should go by offering positive suggestions. The crew can alway use help finding landing spots and targets of opportunity for media or large crowds that can help the campaign.

Tarzan
12-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Is there an official blimp fight plan? I didn't see one on the website.

There is an extremely detailed map which is being discussed. We are watching the storm in the northeast and more particularly the system in the west. Personally I think we will be able to slip in behind the second system and arrive late on the 15th. The plan is being worked and official details should be available in the next few days.

jp5065
12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
No but there ahve been alot of voluneers to plot the best route. I am sure its fourth coming. Stuff takes TIME PEOPLE!

Volunteers!?... I didn't know there was volunteers working on this project! :eek:

Just kiddin

Does anybody know when a flight plan will be made public? So people can make plans to go see it.

Elijah
12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
We are incorporating a calendar in the site. Please give us time! This whole project was very intensive although some may think it is very simple.

I know some people are waiting on sponsoring the blimp until they see the flight plan.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

jp5065
12-03-2007, 01:59 AM
There is an extremely detailed map which is being discussed. We are watching the storm in the northeast and more particularly the system in the west. Personally I think we will be able to slip in behind the second system and arrive late on the 15th. The plan is being worked and official details should be available in the next few days.

Good news! Hope the storm doesn't mess things up.

wisconsinite
12-03-2007, 01:59 AM
I think they've indicated that the initial flight plan will be to go north to Washington DC, then on to New York and to Boston, arriving in Boston by Dec. 15 or 16. Then probably into New Hampshire. I don't think they have a detailed flight plan posted yet.

jp5065
12-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Would be cool (probably not possible?) to make it to Boston by say the 13th and circle the city. That way after a few days everyone there will be wondering why there is a blimp circling the city, asking questions, calling the news etc...

Tarzan
12-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Here is a map with stopovers. This is NOT the final... it is a working model only for reference.
This flight plan take the blimp over nearly 80 Colleges and Universities and traverses the Washington/Boston corridor with a population of over 44 million

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/MaidenMapSmall.jpg

Larger versions of the map are available here at Bigger Maps (http://ronpaulideas.com/FlightPlan.htm)