PDA

View Full Version : Fear & Tea To D.C.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 01:45 AM
I know a lot of people are scared about the consequences and blowback of the Tea to D.C. thing and wish that weren't going ahead with this. There is no way to stop it now.

However, I have an idea that might work out.

If you guys would like me to, I'll contact the White House's public affairs office as well as the senate's & Ben Bernanke's office and let them know what is going on.

I'll tell them that a bunch of Americans feel that our tax money is being overspent and that Washington is handling things irresponsibily. I'll tell them that this tea is a reminder that you still have constituents to worry about, and these constituents would like you well caffeinated so you can work harder to get the spending under control.

That way, it's a not a surprise or a scare. It's brought up in a fun way. They might also be willing to talk about it on T.V.?

I think it will go over much smoother if we don't surprise them with it. We might surprise them with the quantity, but then they know what it means, and what it stands for. It makes the message less "REVOLUTION!!!!" and more "work harder for US now".

We should be able to compromise on this issue in such a way every who wishes to can participate without fear. This may not be the right comprimise, but I think we can make good natured and light hearted. If we can do that there won't be an anthrax scare, or Ron Paul is a terrorist, or anything.

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 01:46 AM
I think thats a fine and dandy idea.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Yes... Please go for it and let us know what they say. I am sure it would put a lot of people's fears to rest

xexkxex
12-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Contacting them would be wise. That would defiantly put my fears to rest.

I just did not want anyone to get in any trouble or the campaign to get flack.

Thank you.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 01:57 AM
I figured that if all tea started showing up and they didn't know what was going on, they would be embarrassed, scared, and/or pissed.

If we good media exposure out of it, we need to make the message positive. The positive message would be, "Here, have some tea, then get back to work cutting that spending!", after that, go chat with Wolf Blitzer about it.

Ok, I'll make the calls in the morning.

shortna
12-03-2007, 02:00 AM
sounds like a good thing to do.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Yep, I'm sure that will stop the Jilly Anny supporters from sending sugar in the mail!

*sigh*

Common sense, isn't.

madRazor
12-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Good thing we have supporters like you! It's nice to know that some people will go off fully-cocked instead of just half-.

Let us know what you hear.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Yep, I'm sure that will stop the Jilly Anny supporters from sending sugar in the mail!

*sigh*

Common sense, isn't.

While I hope this doesn't happen, I'm more inclined to trust our supporters to behave appropriately. Besides, if they know it's coming and who sent it, hopefully they won't even open the packages. They sure aren't going to drink the tea.....

I am hoping that they talk to reporters the next day about it, and they joke about drinking it.

I found the number I need to call to get a hold of the executive branch; I'll call that in the morning, and I'll try to get a hold of Bernake's office and let him know what is going on as well. I'll post back with that they say. I'm going to have tell that it can't be stopped if they ask me to, but I don't think they are going to ask us to.

Mark Mosconi
12-03-2007, 02:33 AM
If anyone IS gonna go through with this, maybe a note should be included in each envelope explaining WHY they just received a packet of tea in the mail...just in case.

brumans
12-03-2007, 02:34 AM
People are actually sending tea to them? :(

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 02:45 AM
If anyone IS gonna go through with this, maybe a note should be included in each envelope explaining WHY they just received a packet of tea in the mail...just in case.

Yes, and a note explaining that... "it's actually the other campaigns taking advantage of our sheer stupidity and pride by sending along really suspicious things along with our tea and it really has nothing to do with us, so please be nice to Ron Paul and his campaign, and make sure you get all your facts about Ron Paul correct. Just so you know. Thank you MSM for your understanding."

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 02:46 AM
People are actually sending tea to them? :(

Ah ha! And they call themselves Ron Paul supporters!

See, a money bomb is not enough, we need to really bomb the campaign, and hey, this looks like a good way to do it.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 02:50 AM
And like a typical fascist, they tell us over and over again that there is no use in fighting them, because they've sent a PDF, and their idea is "viral" so it's all too late, they won, and we just need to sit down and be quiet and watch. Watch while Ron Paul's campaign derails thanks to these geniuses.

And no, to all of you, I will NOT stop until you do. I love Ron, and though there's not a lot I CAN do, I will do everything I can to prevent your stupid ideas getting traction. Period.

stljim
12-03-2007, 02:51 AM
this is a terrible idea. who's doing this?

xexkxex
12-03-2007, 02:58 AM
....I am still against it and will have nothing to do with it...

....but, if for some reason you feel that this is productive in getting new voter...which it is not...

....then please notify the government before you send them anything besides paper in the mail...

PLEASE THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!

paulitics
12-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Another thing. Please, send with packaging, not just a tea bag that can rip apart. I'm sure a certain percentage won't do it anyway, but THINK about the consequences. I know this is going to be associated with terrorism to some degree and some are hellbent on doing it despite the warnings, but PLEASE at least don't be sloppy or foolish.

This historical day would be great headlines with Paul raises 10,000,000 in one day, not govt shut down because of Ron paul tea bag scare. I'm sure there will be a compromise, and the media reporting will hopefully be 50% positive, instead of 90% negative. Truthfully, the best way for positive coverage is to just do the fundraiser, the ORIGINAL plan, that we pledged. I think breaking a fundraising record gets the point across.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Another thing. Please, send with packaging, not just a tea bag that can rip apart. I'm sure a certain percentage won't do it anyway, but THINK about the consequences. I know this is going to be associated with terrorism to some degree and some are hellbent on doing it despite the warnings, but PLEASE at least don't be sloppy or foolish.

This historical day would be great headlines with Paul raises 10,000,000 in one day, not govt shut down because of Ron paul tea bag scare. I'm sure there will be a compromise, and the media reporting will hopefully be 50% positive, instead of 90% negative. Truthfully, the best way for positive coverage is to just do the fundraiser, the ORIGINAL plan, that we pledged. I think breaking a fundraising record gets the point across.

I think we need to start contacting the media NOW and inform them that this is being organized by renegades against the advice of many of us and that this has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the campaign.

Personally, I feel this is being done on purpose to detract from the press attention on the fund raising. The degree to which they fight for this idea goes beyond mere suspicion of infiltration to being downright proof. The language in the PDF is very militant.

Micahyah
12-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Your infiltrator talk is so bogus and meaningless.

The press likes a story.

When you have a sequel event, the story has more legs if there is another storyline rather than more of the same.

They did 4 last time, this time they did 8! will giet some coverage, not as much as November 5th, which was a suprise. This added element will make an interesting story, garnering much more coverage than just raising more money in a sequel money bomb.

Godbag
12-03-2007, 04:23 AM
Has anybody asked HQ what they think the consequences of this will be? Does anyone know anybody that works for a congressman, or for the office of one, how they think this will be perceived? Do we have any previous instances where large amounts of the same thing has been sent to members of congress in protest?? getting as many different points of view, especially those who have first hand experience of how things work on capitol hill is important... Also having as many people as possible ringing the offices before they send it and letting the staff know what is happening will diminish any hysteria that could result...

paulitics
12-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Your infiltrator talk is so bogus and meaningless.

The press likes a story.

When you have a sequel event, the story has more legs if there is another storyline rather than more of the same.

They did 4 last time, this time they did 8! will giet some coverage, not as much as November 5th, which was a suprise. This added element will make an interesting story, garnering much more coverage than just raising more money in a sequel money bomb.

No, I think record breaking money bomb is a story in and of itself. The media has already being plugging it, since the idea was created. So, coverage is not an issue.

THe coverage of raising that kind of money is positive. Now, with this tea bags perhaps shutting down congress, and scaring staffers, that will become the main story, not how much he raised. All of the money he raises will be secondary to this project, which was not the ORIGINAL idea that people pledged to.

brumans
12-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Can't we call it off?

mfoley1
12-03-2007, 08:21 AM
a creative yet BAD idea imo. While we have nothing but GOOD intentions for this, the msm can and probably will make this look like an "attack" cause, you know, thats what the msm does.

Flirple
12-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Yes this was my original suggestion. Thanks so much for doing it. It will help a lot. Perhaps a press release should go out as well so that the media knows whats going on ahead of time.

leonster
12-03-2007, 09:51 AM
No, I think record breaking money bomb is a story in and of itself. The media has already being plugging it, since the idea was created. So, coverage is not an issue.

THe coverage of raising that kind of money is positive. Now, with this tea bags perhaps shutting down congress, and scaring staffers, that will become the main story, not how much he raised. All of the money he raises will be secondary to this project, which was not the ORIGINAL idea that people pledged to.

Why the heck would staffers be scared of tea??

It's not some mysterious white powder in an envelope. It's freakin' TEA... in a tea bag, inside a paper package of tea. How the hell could you mistake this for anthrax or something?

I think any attempt to turn this into a terrorism scare... if it gets played up on the news, people with any common sense will realize "Wow, those people in Washington ARE crazy!"

They might even start looking at some candidates who AREn't so "establishment".....

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 10:00 AM
ARGH. I log in first thing this morning and all the OC and Anxiety Disorder people are back up. There was already a thread for this last night, its at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45911

Can we move the fearmongering over there again and off the front page?

DealzOnWheelz
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Just so you know with that many packages coming they will not KNOW that all of them are Ron Paul supporters and because the forums are transparent anyone who is an ANTI RP guy can join in and send something NOT SO GOOD

The other problem is if they do get scared it will cost tax payers money to test them and get rid of them

HOWEVER,

If you want to do it right...

Don't send real tea bags...

Send pictures of teabags thus retaining the image and the importance and symbolism without creating any kind of scare and/or backlash

Mortikhi
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
I know a lot of people are scared about the consequences and blowback of the Tea to D.C. thing and wish that weren't going ahead with this. There is no way to stop it now.

If you guys would like me to, I'll contact the White House's public affairs office as well as the senate's & Ben Bernanke's office and let them know what is going on.

I'll tell them that a bunch of Americans feel that our tax money is being overspent and that Washington is handling things irresponsibily. I'll tell them that this tea is a reminder that you still have constituents to worry about, and these constituents would like you well caffeinated so you can work harder to get the spending under control.

That way, it's a not a surprise or a scare. It's brought up in a fun way. They might also be willing to talk about it on T.V.?

I think it will go over much smoother if we don't surprise them with it. We might surprise them with the quantity, but then they know what it means, and what it stands for. It makes the message less "REVOLUTION!!!!" and more "work harder for US now".

We should be able to compromise on this issue in such a way every who wishes to can participate without fear. This may not be the right comprimise, but I think we can make good natured and light hearted. If we can do that there won't be an anthrax scare, or Ron Paul is a terrorist, or anything.
Weeee, its sounding like the fifth of November again. Detractors abound!

Jojo
12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Although I like the TeaParty idea, I agree that it's a BAD idea to send suspicious looking packages to politicians.

mosquitobite
12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
ARGH. I log in first thing this morning and all the OC and Anxiety Disorder people are back up. There was already a thread for this last night, its at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45911

Can we move the fearmongering over there again and off the front page?

My thoughts on it :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=519098&postcount=9

Godbag
12-03-2007, 10:45 AM
HOWEVER,

"If you want to do it right...

Send pictures of teabags thus retaining the image and the importance and symbolism without creating any kind of scare and/or backlash"

I was for the original idea but i can see the enormous chance of negative spin being placed on actual teabags being sent... It isnt to late to change this one tiny detail, and will demolish and chance of it being "spun" in a negative way(and it will be cheaper)... Can someone make a simple A4 page with as many "teabags" as it can fit and put it in .pdf format with the emails being sent to make this idea viral, a link to this .pdf document can go with the email, people can print as many copies as they like, cut it up and send those instead.. Its easier so those who are lazy can do it as well, and it all but eliminates ANY RISK whilst delivering the same message... Dont send real Teabags, Send Life Sized Pictures of them! To me this sounds like the most rational solution, and is the common ground between the arguements for and against the original idea!
Any thoughts??

paulitics
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
HOWEVER,

"If you want to do it right...

Send pictures of teabags thus retaining the image and the importance and symbolism without creating any kind of scare and/or backlash"

I was for the original idea but i can see the enormous chance of negative spin being placed on actual teabags being sent... It isnt to late to change this one tiny detail, and will demolish and chance of it being "spun" in a negative way(and it will be cheaper)... Can someone make a simple A4 page with as many "teabags" as it can fit and put it in .pdf format with the emails being sent to make this idea viral, a link to this .pdf document can go with the email, people can print as many copies as they like, cut it up and send those instead.. Its easier so those who are lazy can do it as well, it all but eliminates ANY RISK whilst delivering the same message... To me this sounds like the most rational solution, and is the common ground between the arguements for and against the original idea

Sounds like a good compromise. I have no problem with the tea party idea, just don't want the association with terrorism thing. I would hope most people on here feel the same way and will put the interest of the campaign and those who have concerns, ahead of their own agenda to make a statement, that could go awry.

mosquitobite
12-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Good thing we have everyone one of Dr Paul's hundreds of thousands of supporters on here to see this great compromise! </ sarcasm>

The tea is going out guys. Just like people sent nuts to CBS... just like people sent bricks (OMG what if someone sent a brick with anthrax on it! :eek:

IMO, it's worse that less people participate than more. If more people participate then the few bad apples you all are worried about are drowned out.

Criticize, negate, beg, it makes no difference. This thing has already gone viral and it can't be stopped.

Even if you managed to get every 20K+ member HERE to renounce that their sending, how are you going to reach those off the forums? Let's say you send it off a notice to the meet-up groups to not send it. How are you going to stop the people they've already told by word of mouth?

I just don't see the point of this fear! To me it's irrational!

It reminded me today of how I was before I realized my own codependency. Worry worry worry.

Let me give you a hint to how to come to some peace in your lives: if you can't control it, it serves you no interest to worry about it.

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things I can, and WISDOM to know the difference.

Can't change the media, can't stop this thing from happening.... so please learn SERENITY.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
=leonster;519374]Why the heck would staffers be scared of tea??

It's not some mysterious white powder in an envelope. It's freakin' TEA... in a tea bag, inside a paper package of tea. How the hell could you mistake this for anthrax or something?

Can you guarnatee me that every single person will send tea bags in a clearly marked paper package? And that not one of them will be sent without paper packaging, or will break, or leak any powder?

Can you guaranteed me that people do not have a problem receiving suspicious
items, whether it be tea or candy, or any food substance in an envelope?

You see, its not the tea, its the stuffing the tea in an envelope, that is sketchy, and causes fear. People don't know whats in that envelope, and they don't trust items that can be tampered with. Plus, when there are thousands of envelops with tea, the chances of real terrorism, or provoked terrorism, increases. The chances of perceived (not real) terrorism is high. In this country, perception is reality.

There may even be laws, against sending such items in an envelope I'm not clear on, but wouldn't be surprised if unmarked tea bags or any food or beverage item, unsolicited in an envelope is one of them.

Godbag
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
"Can't change the media"
You can change the odds of negative press...

"COURAGE to change the things I can"
This has not gone "Viral" yet, its been a day, it starts in 10, ITS A SMALL CHANGE, HAVE THE COURAGE TO CHANGE IT!

"IMO, it's worse that less people participate than more. If more people participate then the few bad apples you all are worried about are drowned out. "
How many more people are going to participate if all they have to do is print out a page and cut it up? The more patient of them can even sit there watching TV one night, print out a hundred pages worth and send thousands of individual "teabags".. how many will congress get then? I like the idea of sending actual teabags, BUT THE CONS SURELY OUTWEIGH THE PRO'S! AND CONSIDERING THERE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME PRO'S SENDING JUST PICTURES WHY NOT DO IT????

paulitics
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
This thing was not decided on by a large group of people, with real debate, with careful consideration, or I don't think has gone viral yet. I'm here regularly and only saw it for the first time YESTERDAY. The main threads started sometime on Saturday, and people started having problems soon thereafter, all the while the same agressive steamrolling tactics of being called trolls, naysayers. The same BS.

People have a right to voice their opinion. The poll on here shows 53% have a problem with it. So, we are not the minority. The idea for the fundraiser started weeks ago, and people signed up for that, NOT THIS AGENDA that has been latched on to a fundraiser. Why don't we have a truther fundraiser next? I'm sure at least a few thousand of RP supporters, are game. We are diverse. We can even get Alex Jones to support it. IT could raise some extra money. And any news coverage is good coverage. They are looking for something controversial because 10 million is not enough for them to consider it newsworthy.

michaelwise
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I've been loosely following this topic since it's inception. I did think it was a great way to send a peaceful protest message to Washington and would give a good kick-start to Tea Party07. After listening to many of the complaints I still do, and I'll tell you why.

Lets take the worst case scenario. Someone sends anthrax along with a tea bag. Only someone with high credentials could get their hands on such a thing and do so as an agent provocateur, that's a given. No grassroots supporter could possibly get their hands on such a thing or would even try to do so. The government knows virtually all the sources of anthrax, the government irradiates all congressional mail it receives, the taxpayers spend billions of dollars on testing equipment and personnel already to test for such a thing, and they do so every day. If anthrax is detected in such a mailing, it gives homeland security a nice training exercise to do using taxpayer money for it's intended purpose, and they can give themselves a pat on the back for finding it.

The Teabag protest and Tea Party07 makes the national news as being associated with an anthrax scare. People sit up and pay attention. December 16th, the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party becomes well advertised as the day of the biggest donation drive for Ron Paul to date. The name Ron Paul becomes a household name due to the publicity. The harmless Teabag protest, morphed into an anthrax scare, associated with the grassroots effort, is given credit for keeping homeland security on their toes and vigilant against such a threat, as it has been well publicized on this forum, that a harmless protest event would be taking place. We all know this forum is being monitored by Homeland Security. Hi, John.

People become curious to find out more about Ron Paul and more people come on board the event than would otherwise. The Tea Party07 donation drive blows out even the most optimistic projections and a big thanks goes to an agent provocateur, who's attempt at discrediting the Grassroots effort and Ron Paul backfires and fails miserably. I don't call him Teflon Ron for nothing.

I would actually be somewhat disappointed if some kind of incident didn't happen associated with the Teabag protest and we didn't get any MSM publicity concerning it. But alas, that's probably how it will go over as usual.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Please see:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46404

For the position of the White House on this subject.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 11:41 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety_disorder

http://locator.apa.org/

Just trying to point some people here in the right direction

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Please see:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46404

For the position of the White House on this subject.

"We also request that gifts of a consumable nature, such as food, flowers, and other perishable items, not be sent to the White House due to the security screening process."

We also request != if you do we will send the gestapo to your door.

I request that the federal government doesn't send me tax bills any more, due to my financial situation.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 11:48 AM
"We also request that gifts of a consumable nature, such as food, flowers, and other perishable items, not be sent to the White House due to the security screening process."

Also on this, is tea perishable? I believe the box I have has been there for quite some time.

What about non-perishable food items, or ones with an extremely long shelf life? Is a can of Spam ok?

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Also on this, is tea perishable? I believe the box I have has been there for quite some time.

What about non-perishable food items, or ones with an extremely long shelf life? Is a can of Spam ok?

I don't know if tea is perishable, but it certainly is of a consumable nature. Not to mention, I'm sure their "security screening process" means "from envelope to trash". No one but the security handlers are even going to know about the tea. The President is likely to never hear of it.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 11:56 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety_disorder

http://locator.apa.org/

Just trying to point some people here in the right direction

thanks for your help. I found this to be of interest for your disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot :D

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 12:11 PM
thanks for your help. I found this to be of interest for your disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot :D

Best part of that:

"The California Penal Code Section 26 states that "Idiots" are one of six types of people who are not capable of committing crimes.[9]

In several states, "idiots" do not have the right to vote:"

davidkachel
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM

"A FUN WAY"???? "LESS REVOLUTION"??? "WORK HARDER FOR US NOW"???

What kind of fantasy world are you living in???

If you joined this fight so that you could have "fun" with the people who want to rob you of your freedom, you are sadly confused.

If you have no stomach for a fight, then get out. But that is the most absurd and cowardly nonsense I have ever heard!

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 12:29 PM
"A FUN WAY"???? "LESS REVOLUTION"??? "WORK HARDER FOR US NOW"???

What kind of fantasy world are you living in???

If you joined this fight so that you could have "fun" with the people who want to rob you of your freedom, you are sadly confused.

If you have no stomach for a fight, then get out. But that is the most absurd and cowardly nonsense I have ever heard!

I'm here to get Ron Paul elected. You're here to bitch about the government. There are plenty of other groups for that. Why not try moveon.org or something similar. If you are looking for a fight, by all means go find one. Don't think for a second that you have the right to drag this campaign into that fight with you.

All it is going to take is one big screw up, and we can kiss Dr. Paul's chances of winning good bye. You are bound and determined to create that screw up aren't you?

If I had no stomach for a fight, I wouldn't have joined the Marines and gone to war. I know what "fighting" and "war" means. Things are going to have to get a hell of a lot worse before I'll be driven to the point of living that again. So go ahead and have your paper war, but do it away from this campaign. If it ever comes down to real mud, blood and muscle war, I'll be there, don't worry about that.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Good thing we have everyone one of Dr Paul's hundreds of thousands of supporters on here to see this great compromise! </ sarcasm>

The tea is going out guys. Just like people sent nuts to CBS... just like people sent bricks (OMG what if someone sent a brick with anthrax on it! :eek:

IMO, it's worse that less people participate than more. If more people participate then the few bad apples you all are worried about are drowned out.

Criticize, negate, beg, it makes no difference. This thing has already gone viral and it can't be stopped.

Even if you managed to get every 20K+ member HERE to renounce that their sending, how are you going to reach those off the forums? Let's say you send it off a notice to the meet-up groups to not send it. How are you going to stop the people they've already told by word of mouth?

I just don't see the point of this fear! To me it's irrational!

It reminded me today of how I was before I realized my own codependency. Worry worry worry.

Let me give you a hint to how to come to some peace in your lives: if you can't control it, it serves you no interest to worry about it.

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things I can, and WISDOM to know the difference.

Can't change the media, can't stop this thing from happening.... so please learn SERENITY.

You need to shut up or GO AWAY, we ARE stopping this idea whether you like it or not. Get used to it. We will not out up with some fascist overtones telling us that it is a done deal. Our government and the media tell us that, not you!

Godbag
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
So after all the bitching and fighting from both sides, we can agree that everyone should make a slit in the bottom of every teabag, empty out the tea, send it off, and with the mound of tea that is left on your table, brew yourself a lovely cup of tea and relish the thought of your congressmen and (un)elected officials receiving tens of thousands of empty teabags in protest... hopefully more...

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
So after all the bitching and fighting from both sides, we can agree that everyone should make a slit in the bottom of every teabag, empty out the tea, send it off, and with the mound of tea that is left on your table, brew yourself a lovely cup of tea and relish the thought of your congressmen and (un)elected officials receiving tens of thousands of empty teabags in protest... hopefully more...

Are you all totally inept? This has ZERO to do with what WE are sending, and EVERYTHING to do with what someone else can and WILL send on that same day!

And since these people have declared that they WANT big media attention out of this and that is their STATED AGENDA, what's the bet that many of the people promoting this will indeed send something like a white powder or something just as suspicious on that day on purpose!

It's NOT about what is sent, it's about anything stupid like this being linked back to the Good Doctor. Don't send ANYTHING, just donate! You're only going to distract the media from the real news, the money bomb.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM

Well, no matter what you all do, DC is getting minimum 12 envelopes with real teabags in them on the 16th. 6 from me, 6 from my wife. I also sent this out to everyone in my e-mail contacts and asked them to pass it on before the whining started. I will not be passing on the "we're so afraid of big brother we are shaking in our boots" version.

Do as you will, but this already started this way. Was discussed for I think about a week (maybe a few days) in various threads before the PDF was written. There was plenty of time to come up with your anxiety deluded ideas and gov't conspiracy theories and get your voice heard before the PDF went out.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
You need to shut up or GO AWAY, we ARE stopping this idea whether you like it or not. Get used to it. We will not out up with some fascist overtones telling us that it is a done deal. Our government and the media tell us that, not you!

I think you are sounding like a bit of a fascist yourself there. How about this, we send tea.. and the rest of you do whatever the rest of you do. Deal?

paulitics
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM

no, because that doesn't solve the basic problem here. The trace amount of powder, which can perish, or be tampered with. I would think a sealed tea bag,, is more safe. Plus the standards for mail, etc, may restrict such a thing in the first place.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM

Best part of that:

"The California Penal Code Section 26 states that "Idiots" are one of six types of people who are not capable of committing crimes.[9]

In several states, "idiots" do not have the right to vote:"

explains your lack of concern about the law. :)

Godbag
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Well im sure we can all agree that we disagree.. so i give up... every man for themselves...

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Well im sure we can all agree that we disagree.. so i give up... every man for themselves...

seconded.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
seconded.

but please check with your main post office who handles this, and present it to them, before you send it out. If you are not breaking the law, fine. Maybe you can explain the proper procedure, (although some localities may differ) to those who want to do this. My understanding is that the item must be SECURE, not tampered with, and not leaked out.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 12:59 PM
but please check with your main post office who handles this, and present it to them, before you send it out. If you are not breaking the law, fine. Maybe you can explain the proper procedure, (although some localities may differ) to those who want to do this. My understanding is that the item must be SECURE, not tampered with, and not leaked out.

Deal. I can do that.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 01:00 PM

Oh, I wasn't saying I'm going to send empty tea packets. I was agreeing with the "every man for themselves" statement.

I chose to do nothing but continue doing what I'm doing. Promote the 16th Fund Raiser, continue trying to become a delegate, hand out slim jims, etc.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 01:05 PM

I just got off the phone with USPS. They said there is nothing wrong with mailing teabags, just to ensure you have them in a container that prevents odor. So, teabag in an envelope is not ok, teabag in a small ziplock bag in an envelope is fine.

shortna
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8058/teasz7.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8855/tea2qz9.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2681/tea3ob0.jpg

:D

I'm a proud patriot respectfully protesting despite possible personal repercussions and probably placement in Gitmo by our fascists President.

AtomiC
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't think anyone should be informed because it needs to come as a surprise to the people its sent to. Please don't go through with this.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I just got off the phone with USPS. They said there is nothing wrong with mailing teabags, just to ensure you have them in a container that prevents odor. So, teabag in an envelope is not ok, teabag in a small ziplock bag in an envelope is fine.

Is this a solution we can all agree on? Its ok from the USPS standpoint. Shouldn't cause a scare if it's in a sealed bag that the odors cannot leak from.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM

makes more sense, with a ziplock bag. The lady I spoke with was pretty sure about one thing, and that was leakage of substance, or powders, and to make it secure. Bulky items not uniformly distributed, need to be presented she told me.
She advised against mass items, without checking first. Plus, its cheaper with a bulk rate anyway!!
Every post office and localities, may have differend regulations.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
This is NOT about what WE send, this is about what others may send to take advantage of our sheer stupidity for even doing this. Why are we focusing on this straw-man argument of how we seal the packages? This is not what it's about. It's about OTHERS. Like all the Jilly Anny lurkers who are now rubbing their hands in glee.

"We know how we're going to f*** you up, Paulites!!"

People here seem a whole lot less concerned about Getting ROn Paul elected and a lot more interested in causing a distraction.

There is NOTHING good that can come from this. At best you will simply detract from air time that could have been spent on the money bomb.

Please just END THIS.

paulitics
12-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Is this a solution we can all agree on? Its ok from the USPS standpoint. Shouldn't cause a scare if it's in a sealed bag that the odors cannot leak from.

every region may different, it is up to the individual to check with their regional post office. Im glad you took the step though. Presenting the item beforehand was recommended in my area, because there are several criteria involved. Plus it is cheaper for a bulk rate.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
This is NOT about what WE send, this is about what others may send to take advantage of our sheer stupidity for even doing this. Why are we focusing on this straw-man argument of how we seal the packages? This is not what it's about. It's about OTHERS. Like all the Jilly Anny lurkers who are now rubbing their hands in glee.

People here seem a whole lot less concerned about Getting ROn Paul elected and a lot more interested in causing a distraction.

There is NOTHING good that can come from this. At best you will simply detract from air time that could have been spent on the money bomb.

Please just END THIS.

How do you leave the house in the morning? Aren't you afraid someones going to run you over, even though you are standing peacefully on the sidewalk? Or do you avoid shopping because someone could change the surv. camera videos to make it look like you're shoplifting?

The other candidates don't worry about this. In every X amount of people, you're going to get some nutjobs. Does that mean we should just lock ourselves in the basement and hope they don't find us?

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 01:29 PM
How do you leave the house in the morning? Aren't you afraid someones going to run you over, even though you are standing peacefully on the sidewalk? Or do you avoid shopping because someone could change the surv. camera videos to make it look like your shoplifting?

The other candidates don't worry about this. In every X amount of people, you're going to get some nutjobs. Does that mean we should just lock ourselves in the basement and hope they don't find us?

Yeah, well regardless of the fact that that is the dumbest repose I have yet seen, also a straw-man argument, all the thing you mentioned involved MY OWN risk, NOT the risk of another persons run for the Presidency. Something you and your cohorts have shown little to no regard for. You're all very selfish and ignorant people.

shortna
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I just called my locale post office. I asked if there were any requirements for sending individual packaged teabags in an envelope. He only said that there may be a surge charge for the thickness and I could very price by coming in to the post office. He asked why I was sending individual, “was I advertising something?” I told him to commemorate the Boston Tea Party on Dec 16th. He said, “Oh, that makes sense”.

My Post Office does not have a problem with it. I’m on my way to the post office now to verify price for thickness. It’s a done deal for me.

billjarrett
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, well regardless of the fact that that is the dumbest repose I have yet seen, also a straw-man argument, all the thing you mentioned involved MY OWN risk, NOT the risk of another persons run for the Presidency. Something you and your cohorts have shown little to no regard for. You're all very selfish and ignorant people.

I'll give you the straw man, but you may want to throw in slipperly slope too.

But it wasn't the argument, it was the idea behind it.

Exactly at what point do we stop worrying about what "the others" are going to do? How is it determined what is "safe" and "not safe"? And who decides this?

Since, this is a grass roots movement and is not a top down approach, afaik these questions are unanswerable. People will throw ideas on the forum, some will stick, some will cycle off the front page quickly and be forgotten. There is no person who decides.

This is an idea I believe in, and one that I think will get us positive media attention. You feel differently. I think the blimp is a rediculous idea, a waste of time and money, has been the butt of many jokes on sites like Kos and Wonkette, and I do not trust the for-profit part of it. I made one post about this on a thread somewhere and dropped it. Many people feel the blimp is a good idea, and that is their right. I wish them the best and hope it works out for them.

We are all doing what we feel is right for the campaign. You do not agree that what we are doing is right, your point has been taken and a group of us has decided to run with the idea anyways.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Exactly at what point do we stop worrying about what "the others" are going to do? How is it determined what is "safe" and "not safe"? And who decides this?

Honestly, if you're truly as ignorant as this statement makes yourself out to be, there's simply nothing I could say to a man like you.

This is PURE selfishness.

shortna
12-03-2007, 01:58 PM
i really like having the ignor feature so i do not have to see posts of the nay sayers.

mosquitobite
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
i really like having the ignore feature so i do not have to see posts of the nay sayers.

It is this very topic that got three on my list ;) It's GREAT! :D

shortna
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
I just called my locale post office. I asked if there were any requirements for sending individual packaged teabags in an envelope. He only said that there may be a surge charge for the thickness and I could very price by coming in to the post office. He asked why I was sending individual, “was I advertising something?” I told him to commemorate the Boston Tea Party on Dec 16th. He said, “Oh, that makes sense”.

My Post Office does not have a problem with it. I’m on my way to the post office now to verify price for thickness. It’s a done deal for me.

I just came back from my local post office. I gave them the envelope with the teabag and they confirmed that the single individually wrapped teabag will not cost additional postage due to thickness.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8855/tea2qz9.jpg

Jojo
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM

Please just END THIS.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

This smells like a set up to me.

torchbearer
12-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

This smells like a set up to me.

Yet, we allow forum members to mail letters to Iowa and NH residents... what keeps some hater from sending white power in envelopes in the name of Ron Paul?
If you can't trust your fellow man, you don't believe in freedom. You have to trust, and for god's sake... stop being afraid. The government rules by fear... they make you a slave with fear... they manipulate your actions through fear... they maintain power through fear... its time to stop fearing... and be brave.

We've been doing these kind of projects since May. And we are not going to stop. You don't have to participate, and that is fine... and you have all the right to voice your concern... i just ask.. don't spread the fear.. that's the government's job.

john_anderson_ii
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Below is an email I'm thinking of sending to the vice president. He won't actually be the one reading it, but it is my understanding that his staff has quite a bit to do with the day to day operations of the White House.

I would like to make contact via email, so when people start reporting about how we "ambushed the white house" and "brought operations to a halt", we can say that they had warning.

Please critique before I send.

Dear Mr. Cheney,

To commemorate the 243th anniversary of The Boston Tea Party, several thousand motivated patriots will be sending a gift of tea to yourself and The President this December 16th. On that night in 1773 Samuel Adams and his men showed Britain, and the world, that Americans had the heart and courage to be free men. This year, we would like to remind our nation's leaders that Americans have retained this courage and will for liberty. Though courage may slumber in the hearts of some men who are less motivated to speak out for liberty. It is alive and burning quite brightly in most. Citizens from all walks and stations in life will be participating, each sending their contribution of tea via standard mail. I do no know how many will participate or how much tea will arrive at it's destination. This idea was born on the internet and is independent of myself. I am writing to give your administration and your security staff notice that there will be many bags of tea arriving. It would be a shame if a united show of patriotism such as this were to hinder day to day operations at the White House. Please prepare your staff. You might also tell the kitchen staff that budgeting for tea next year isn't necessary.

Enjoy the tea,

It doesn't feel very "humble" or "respectful" to me, but I do have a hard time showing respect to Cheney, since I don't agree with any of his positions.

Libertad2008
12-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Dear johnandersonII

Thank you very much for making this announcement to the government. The whole "scare" of getting a random package of tea with no message should be lessened. I still, however, fully support the generation of a form letter of "grievances" to include in the letter to make it seem more official and unified, but this announcement should do the trick. Please also contact the official campaign and/or make a press release to the main MSM outlets (you might include that we are only sending tea so that if anyone pulls any stupid stuff then it won't be pegged on us). There are a few errors, and if you PM it to me I'll look over it tomorrow (I'm currently in Europe so I'm 6+ hours ahead of you depending on where you are).

Thanks again,
Long Live Liberty!!!

paulitics
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Below is an email I'm thinking of sending to the vice president. He won't actually be the one reading it, but it is my understanding that his staff has quite a bit to do with the day to day operations of the White House.

I would like to make contact via email, so when people start reporting about how we "ambushed the white house" and "brought operations to a halt", we can say that they had warning.

Please critique before I send.

It doesn't feel very "humble" or "respectful" to me, but I do have a hard time showing respect to Cheney, since I don't agree with any of his positions.

sounds good to me. You may want to say something like we have know idea how many tea bags will be sent, but we have a grassroots base of 70,000, or we have 40,000 pledges, etc. They may seriously get bomarded with 100,000 tea bags and need to be ready.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow, at least now I am understanding why some call us f***tards....

Minuteman
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow, at least now I am understanding why some call us f***tards....

Probably because of people such as yourself. In the past serveral days you have shown yourself to be dimwitted. It seems the extent of your ability to debate a topic is profanity and personal attacks on others. I knew our education system was in dire straits, but I didnt realize how far it had degenerate . I could recommend a few books you may wish to read on social interaction and debate if you so wish. Maybe we can start a website called RonPaulVolunteerReadingList.com