PDA

View Full Version : Check out the spike in contributions

DanK
12-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Starting pretty much at midnight. Are people finally realizing the beauty of the new system and the fact that this HAS to go forward?

Honestly people, if you would just take the time to read the explanations on their site, it would all make sense. I won't go into all the details about why they can't do a PAC, etc., etc. because that's been debated on like 6 other threads now.

But take a minute and think about it. The fact that it's all going together so quickly and changing fast indicates that it really still is a grassroots effort. It's a business in name only, because that's what best fits our needs. If it was really some corporate money making scheme, don't you think it would be much more planned out, so they didn't have sudden changes like that? The reason they made the switch is because they are ordinary people, and they are figuring it out as they go.

So go to www.ronpaulblimp.com and buy a timeshare now. Help us get the $300,000+ we need in a week if we want it to go as planned.

Indy Vidual
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm glad to see it taking off. :)

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 01:35 AM
http://www.mentaldribble.com/images/llc.jpg

https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntit...rp.asp?2385286

DanK
12-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Yeah, it's gonna be pretty sweet to see how the MSM reacts to this one...

Btw, glad to see that info Mental Dribble. Hopefully that will silence all the trolls. Along with this statement on the site:

You will be entitled to a refund, minus any expenses, incurred if your message does not appear on the Skyship 600 for the specified amount of time that you purchased.

Hook
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm sure the revised refund policy is what is making it take off. That was most peoples concern.

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Honestly people, if you would just take the time to read the explanations on their site, it would all make sense. I won't go into all the details about why they can't do a PAC, etc., etc. because that's been debated on like 6 other threads now.

> why they can't do a PAC...

and dis-proven in most of them!

-n

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm sure the revised refund policy is what is making it take off. That was most peoples concern.

That's a HUGE help! - and one of the bigger issues.

So, if they only raise $360,000 do we still get a blimp? - a bare bones one, as promised, or does the whole project go down the drain because they can't start their business with half a mil?

-n

Elijah
12-03-2007, 01:42 AM
That's a HUGE help! - and one of the bigger issues.

So, if they only raise $360,000 do we still get a blimp? - a bare bones one, as promised, or does the whole project go down the drain because they can't start their business with half a mil?

-n

We just posted the refund policy minutes ago. It was taking off since 9 pm EST!! The transparency did it! Also a official email might have also helped.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 01:42 AM
It's a business in name only, because that's what best fits our needs. If it was really some corporate money making scheme, don't you think it would be much more planned out, so they didn't have sudden changes like that? The reason they made the switch is because they are ordinary people, and they are figuring it out as they go.
bingo.

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 01:51 AM
We just posted the refund policy minutes ago. It was taking off since 9 pm EST!! The transparency did it! Also a official email might have also helped.

Still doesn't answer the question - if at least $350,000 is raised but less than $500,000 do we still get the original blimp as promoted and promised?

-n

slantedview
12-03-2007, 01:52 AM
Still doesn't answer the question - if at least $350,000 is raised but less than $500,000 do we still get the original blimp as promoted and promised?

-n
not sure why you're concerned with 500k? a monthly lease is 350k.

http://ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

Hook
12-03-2007, 01:54 AM

He is worried if you guys throw in the towel if you get more than $350,000 but less than the $500,000 required to pay everyones salary, etc.?

slantedview
12-03-2007, 01:55 AM
He is worried if you guys throw in the towel if you get more than $350,000 but less than the $500,000 required to pay everyones salary, etc.?
see below

v

Elijah

-n

If we do not get more than $350,000 and the blimp does not fly then we will give everyone their money back besides expenses incurred.

If we do get more then we reserve the right to spend it on other promotional messages, such as airplanes, skydivers etc. All of which will gain even more media and publicity to the message.

fredricko

I think the concern is that they won't have enough money to cover other expenditures. That is, what gets paid for first, the blimp or the other stuff?

Edit: Too slow...

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 01:59 AM
If we do not get more than $350,000 and the blimp does not fly then we will give everyone their money back besides expenses incurred.

If we do get more then we reserve the right to spend it on other promotional messages, such as airplanes, skydivers etc. All of which will gain even more media and publicity to the message.

OK - but I want to see a blimp fly, not my money back. Will that happen if you get just over $350,000? or at least short of $500,000.

thanks,

-n

Elijah
12-03-2007, 02:06 AM
OK - but I want to see a blimp fly, not my money back. Will that happen if you get just over $350,000? or at least short of $500,000.

thanks,

-n

Well if we get $350,000 I am sure we will get more after that. The blimp is gonna fly!!

If we get enough to cover the blimp then it will fly by itself I guess. I will ride shotgun with the 5kers!

Your message will be displayed or your money back (minus expenses). I am glad you don't want your money back and just want to see it fly!! Me too!

Elijah
12-03-2007, 02:07 AM
You will be entitled to a refund, minus any expenses, incurred if your message does not appear on the Skyship 600 for the specified amount of time that you purchased. However, if the advertising you purchase is oversold, we may substitute other advertising of equivalent value that expresses a similar message. For example, if all the advertising time is sold out on the blimp on a given day, we might add planes, balloons, parachuters, or other similar enhancements to the blimp rally. If the Skyship 600 flies with the advertising messages displayed, your purchase is not refundable.

Here is the new policy.

dante
12-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Elijah,
The question i think everyone is trying to get answered is what happens if you raise for example $375,000?

I.E. you make it over the $350k for the blimp but don't get enough to cover salaries, spotlight truck, video crew etc...

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 02:12 AM

Do you guys pay yourselves weekly?, bi-weekly?, monthly? yearly? - what are we talking about in expenses if it's a flop? 10K legal retainer, jackets, a ton of video gear, jackets, 25K banner, etc... what happens to all the equipment if it doesn't go? Is it auctioned off to recover donations or made available to other grassroots efforts or did the grassroots just buy you some nice toys?

What dollar amount do we need to raise at an absolute minimum, to get this thing in the air with no employees, no camera's, etc. Just the original blimp as originally promised and promoted?

-n

Elijah
12-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Do you guys pay yourselves weekly?, bi-weekly?, monthly? yearly? - what are we talking about in expenses if it's a flop? 10K legal retainer, jackets, a ton of video gear, jackets, 25K banner, etc... what happens to all the equipment if it doesn't go? Is it auctioned off to recover donations or made available to other grassroots efforts or did the grassroots just buy you some nice toys?

What dollar amount do we need to raise at an absolute minimum, to get this thing in the air with no employees, no camera's, etc. Just the original blimp as originally promised and promoted?

-n

$375 will pay for the blimp for 1 month. They will just fly it around like a flying billboard. This is the minimum.

Without direction.

I really do not know what expenses are until they are actually incurred. I also have no vision of this blimp not being 100% successful.

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Well if we get $350,000 I am sure we will get more after that. The blimp is gonna fly!!

If we get enough to cover the blimp then it will fly by itself I guess. I will ride shotgun with the 5kers!

Your message will be displayed or your money back (minus expenses). I am glad you don't want your money back and just want to see it fly!! Me too!

Yeah!!!!!!!! - I'm in for $100 and will see if I can donate more after I go through the stack of bills on my desk and the Dec 16th Money Bomb!

You've covered all my doubts.

thanks,

Nathan

slantedview
12-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Yeah!!!!!!!! - I'm in for $100 and will see if I can donate more after I go through the stack of bills on my desk and the Dec 16th Money Bomb!

You've covered all my doubts.

thanks,

Nathan
if over the next few days Elijah is too busy to respond to individual questions here on the forum, be sure to share your insight with others if you have a chance.

Drknows
12-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Ok now your talking. This is what everyone wants to hear man.

tangent4ronpaul
12-03-2007, 02:36 AM
well, on impulse I increased that donation to $250 (may really regret that with X-Mass and all coming...) but I'm not sure it went through as google had a brain fart and vomited raw HTML on the checkout page...

how do you check? - other than calling my bank?

It would be cool if you guys displayed donors names like ronpaul2008 does!

also of note, on the buy page it says $250 buys 27 minutes of in air time, but in the checkout is says it buys 10 minutes... hmmm... so what am I getting for my money?

-n

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 02:37 AM
27. They need to update the checkout page. Good eye for detail.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 02:44 AM
well, on impulse I increased that donation to $250 (may really regret that with X-Mass and all coming...) but I'm not sure it went through as google had a brain fart and vomited raw HTML on the checkout page...

also of note, on the buy page it says $250 buys 27 minutes of in air time, but in the checkout is says it buys 10 minutes... hmmm... so what am I getting for my money?

-n
you should be able to log into your google checkout account (which it creates for you if oyu didn't have one) with the e-mail/password you used for the purchase. in the account, i believe you can check the status of your purchase, and it will show if there was an error or if you were "charged". FYI: it will always hold your order for 15 minutes before charging.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 02:45 AM

-n
it's 27. i'll send a note to the web guy to get that fixed.

Mckarnin
12-03-2007, 02:47 AM

-n

If you look at the donations page at this point the Blimp is being spondored at a rate of $400,000 a month. I really doubt we'll raise $350,000 and not be able to get the last 50k. I can't wait to see the blimp up.

Mckarnin
12-03-2007, 02:49 AM

-n

We are currently working on displaying the names of donors.

Mckarnin
12-03-2007, 02:49 AM
it's 27. i'll send a note to the web guy to get that fixed.

27 minutes. I'll alert the right people about the discrepancy.

tomaO2
12-03-2007, 03:01 AM
If you got significantly over 350,000 grand, shouldn't you donate that to Operation Live Free or Die?

I don't grudge you getting what you need for a green light but that's more important. Please send additional funds to the boots in the ground programs for NH and IO. We need that taken care of as well and there is only so much money to go around.

OferNave
12-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Hey - a blimp project representative has started a thread, and is answering all questions:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46258