PDA

View Full Version : New Refund Policy

Elijah
12-03-2007, 01:19 AM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/terms.php

You will be entitled to a refund, minus any expenses, incurred if your message does not appear on the Skyship 600 for the specified amount of time that you purchased. However, if the advertising you purchase is oversold, we may substitute other advertising of equivalent value that expresses a similar message. For example, if all the advertising time is sold out on the blimp on a given day, we might add planes, balloons, parachuters, or other similar enhancements to the blimp rally. If the Skyship 600 flies with the advertising messages displayed, your purchase is not refundable.

chestertime
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
What proof will we receive that our 'time' has been 'aired'?

click4dwilson
12-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Are you going to have a breakdown of when each persons minutes are?

stefans
12-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I don't want to comment on if I think this is right, we had this discussion yesterday.

but you might want to check if this is even legal. I don't think it's legal to have terms that say, when you buy a service from a company and the company doesn't deliver it said company may keep the expenses.

or do you only mean credit card expenses? if so you need to clarify.

edit: actually, I do want to comment. that's another problem of a for-profit company. if you expect people to cover the expenses if something goes wrong, you can't keep the profit. you can't have it both ways. this is a no-risk business if the terms are legal.

millerjd
12-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Are you going to have a breakdown of when each persons minutes are?

Website does say under the Terms page that your sponsorship will be scheduled.

Hook
12-03-2007, 01:25 AM
OK, so now I'm in. Sounds like a winner to me. :D

millerjd
12-03-2007, 01:26 AM
OK, so now I'm in. Sounds like a winner to me. :D

Go Go Go!
Blimp!

xexkxex
12-03-2007, 01:26 AM
DUDE!!! If you add parachuters....I will totally find a way to toss more may at this thing.

I think the terms of your refund policy are fair and I am glad you are making the effort to iron it out. Most everyone that had a problem before should be pleased with this move.

Now.....go back to work!!! LOL :D

PS - "Transparency" is missing an "s" on the front page of the site. Also...is there any way to get the YouTube player to play within the site instead of opening up another window at you tube??? I don't know if this is where I should be asking these things...but, hell....why not now eh?

Indy Vidual
12-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Blimp!! :)

Many people are finally ready for real change.

http://www.1life1time.com/images/rp.jpg

Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)

Abobo
12-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Oh.... My...God.... Parachuters!!!

Too.... F*cking.... Awesome...!!!

jp5065
12-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Maybe this should be stickied?

synthetic
12-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Of course, a restocking fee. What percentage is the house going to keep?

Abobo
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Of course, a restocking fee. What percentage is the house going to keep?

Yes, they should give us all the money back even though they have already had to spend some of it! If the blimp doesn't fly they should have to cover the graphics, legal council and other fees. Yes, they should go bankrupt if this doesn't fly!

Seriously synthetic, is that what you want?

stefans
12-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Yes, they should give us all the money back even though they have already had to spend some of it! If the blimp doesn't fly they should have to cover the graphics, legal council and other fees. Yes, they should go bankrupt if this doesn't fly!

Seriously synthetic, is that what you want?

that's what businesses are about. making profit or loss.
it was their choice.

well, not exactly. it was their choice to make a profit if it flies and make no loss if it doesn't.

nobody has stated so far that they don't plan to make a profit and are going to spend everything on advertising. THEN it would be ok to keep the expenses.
and it's ok for them financially, too, because they get their salaries.

leipo
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
There's at least $16.000 (lawyer wages excluded) of expenses in the first week. So if the amount needed is not met on wednesday then that won't be refunded.

Drknows
12-03-2007, 01:37 AM
ok the refund policy looks much better. but minus any expenses should be changed to processing fees.

looking better everyday.

edit* well a small fee if any other charges occur...so i guess its ok the way it is now. Now can we cut some pork? :D

eric_cartman
12-03-2007, 01:46 AM
thank you for answering some of these questions and concerns about the blimp.

for the refund policy: can you guarantee to what % the refund will be. you say "minus any expenses". can you guarantee that expenses will be <5%?

because look at your cost break down, you guys are spending huge amounts of money. 8K per week just in blimp team salaries, not including room, board, travel, etc. all the legal fees.

so my question boils down to: What are the costs of the expenses prior to dec. 5th? and dec. 10th?

you say you need 200K by wednesday and the rest by the 10th... how much of the donations are you guys planning on spending during this time... which would account for the "expenses" that cannot be refunded if the blimp doesn't fly?

if you guys are making this a for-profit venture... and paying yourselves handsome salaries, apparently with many nice benefits... you guys should take some financial responsibility. I think you should guarantee a 100% refund you don't get what you paid for.

if you all scrapped your 1K per week salary, i would say that you would be justified in not offering a full refund if things didn't work out... but i think you guys should offer a full 100% refund policy. if you're as certain as you claim to be, this shouldn't be a problem for you guys.

alexpasch
12-03-2007, 01:50 AM
I don't want to comment on if I think this is right, we had this discussion yesterday.

but you might want to check if this is even legal. I don't think it's legal to have terms that say, when you buy a service from a company and the company doesn't deliver it said company may keep the expenses.

or do you only mean credit card expenses? if so you need to clarify.

edit: actually, I do want to comment. that's another problem of a for-profit company. if you expect people to cover the expenses if something goes wrong, you can't keep the profit. you can't have it both ways. this is a no-risk business if the terms are legal.

From my understanding you can contract for whatever you want. Unless there is outright fraud you have no case (eg. within reason they could've performed but chose not to so they wouldn't have expenses).

It's all about what the terms of purchase say (and I haven't read them).

click4dwilson
12-03-2007, 01:59 AM
How to build a company on the back of a political movement with zero liability!

See... I know how I am going to make my money off the blimp! I am going to have seminars and sell video series teaching people how to do this!

I am going to hire some Asian guy to talk about "make a lot of money!" while he hangs out with bikini girls and boats. awesome!

Drknows
12-03-2007, 02:05 AM

See... I know how I am going to make my money off the blimp! I am going to have seminars and sell video series teaching people how to do this!

I am going to hire some Asian guy to talk about "make a lot of money!" while he hangs out with bikini girls and boats. awesome!

lmao

I Agree the spending it out of control. It doesn't take 10 people to manage this blimp fulltime.

The cost for one month could easily drop back down below 400k.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 02:06 AM

lol. robert kyaslkajsdfoski ?

stefans
12-03-2007, 02:06 AM
From my understanding you can contract for whatever you want. Unless there is outright fraud you have no case (eg. within reason they could've performed but chose not to so they wouldn't have expenses).

It's all about what the terms of purchase say (and I haven't read them).

so I can start a garage and in case I don't get enough customers to make it profitable I can keep my salary?
now that'll be fun.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 02:09 AM

Yes, go do that. Just please go away for awhile.