PDA

View Full Version : You have to Sell something to be in Business

synthetic
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Liberty Political Advertising doesn't have a product. They are collecting donations for a politcal ad. This is why PACs are created. My question is how can they be in business or expect to turn a profit (that's what business do) without selling anything?

There is no physical product. They don't own the blimp. They don't own a printing press or means to make the ad that will be going on the blimp. Theres no service being offered. They are simply taking your money, deducting a percentage for their wages and passing along the balance to the real advertising company, the people who own and operate the blimp. That was the plan, right? To hire a company to fly a blimp with Rons name on the side. How did we end up with 2 advertising companies?

cien750hp
12-03-2007, 01:11 AM
they sell advertising timeshares.

tmg19103
IMHO it's about Trevor and his cohorts having an agenda to goes byond helping Ron Paul get elected.

Agendas along those lines using involve enhancing career opportunities, ehancing personal status/ego, and making money for ones self.

millerjd
Liberty Political Advertising doesn't have a product. They are collecting donations for a politcal ad. This is why PACs are created. My question is how can they be in business or expect to turn a profit (that's what business do) without selling anything?

There is no physical product. They don't own the blimp. They don't own a printing press or means to make the ad that will be going on the blimp. Theres no service being offered. They are simply taking your money, deducting a percentage for their wages and passing along the balance to the real advertising company, the people who own and operate the blimp. That was the plan, right? To hire a company to fly a blimp with Rons name on the side. How did we end up with 2 advertising companies?

They are selling a service. Like when I go to get flight training on the ground, it's a service, that is the product. College is similar to this function as well.

Not all business make profits, in fact, most companies fail to make money over cost (cost including employee restitution). This company isn't designed to be making money over cost, just to raise the money in a legal fashion the best we can without getting sued by the FEC. If this company gets sued by anyone, you can bet the President/Vice President are going to be the one taking the fall, and this is a huge risk, not the people making the donations.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 01:12 AM
IMHO it's about Trevor and his cohorts having an agenda to goes byond helping Ron Paul get elected.

Agendas along those lines using involve enhancing career opportunities, ehancing personal status/ego, and making money for ones self.

Agendas of bringing free speech, liberty and freedom back to the USA?

synthetic
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
They are selling a service.

Can you elaborate on the service they are providing.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Agendas of bringing free speech, liberty and freedom back to the USA?

Wow.. Paying for a blimp then going on vacation leads to free speech, liberty and freedom? Daayyyum, we need to get a blimp to the mid east!!!

steph3n
12-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow.. Paying for a blimp then going on vacation leads to free speech, liberty and freedom? Daayyyum, we need to get a blimp to the mid east!!!

no breaking the mold of our government inflicted free speech rights called Mccain-Feingold campaign finance through inventive means

slantedview
12-03-2007, 01:19 AM

vacation, like in the bahamas? can i come!?

your posts are worthless dude. get lost.

millerjd
12-03-2007, 01:19 AM

Shares of advertising time on a blimp, with this one in specifics regarding a message promoting a person called Ron Paul.

cien750hp
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM

from the website on "how this works"

"Liberty Political Advertising is selling political advertisements that you can sponsor. Right now we are selling advertising time for Ron Paul, primarily on the Ron Paul Blimp. You can buy as much ad time as you like. When the advertising time you sponsored ends the next customer's advertising time begins (until their time runs out)...and the process repeats for as long as the advertisement's sponsorship lasts."

look. if it wasn't legal, do you think the FEC director would be onboard advising on how to do it?

Abobo
12-03-2007, 01:26 AM

The service of getting the blimp in the air. Every step that is in between a roll of bills and a blimp in the air is what they are "selling". And once it's in the air they will be handling getting the media to take notice.

Just think of a store. What do they "make"? All they do is resell a product made by others. Their service that they make money from is gathering it all together making it simple to purchase.

Indy Vidual
12-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Many people are finally ready for real change.

http://www.1life1time.com/images/rp.jpg

Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 01:33 AM
http://www.mentaldribble.com/images/llc.jpg

https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntit...rp.asp?2385286

synthetic
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
The service of getting the blimp in the air.

But the blimp already comes with a 12 man team. They not only get the blimp in the air, they fly it too.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
But the blimp already comes with a 12 man team. They not only get the blimp in the air, they fly it too.

OK, if it's so simple why don't you do it?

USAHotair
12-03-2007, 01:38 AM

Airship companies such as Airship Management are contracted by corporations to promote a specific message on a blimp. Without the contracting company providing a clear objective and establishing and maintaining an itinerary, there is just a blimp emblazoned with a message and a talented crew with no specific idea what to do to maximize the impact of the message they are being paid to display. They would simply revert to doing exposure flights in and around the area they find themselves currently based out of. Sometimes this can be all that is necessary to be effective.

However, the airship crew needs guidance from the sponsoring company to make the most impact with the message on the airship. Without such guidance, the effectiveness of the promotional campaign is reduced greatly.

What Airship Management does NOT do is operate as a full-fledged PR company. They operate and maintain blimps, and they do their job well day in and day out. It is the sponsor company's responsibility to do everything in their power to maximize the return on investment of their airship lease.

This is Liberty Political Advertisement's task, and that means Trevor, Elijah, and the rest of the teams have a tremendous job ahead of them. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Not many people can appreciate how much work it is to arrange an airship "movement."

Jagwarr
12-03-2007, 01:42 AM
But some have offered to do it for free with more qualifications and were told to get lost, which means less air time for Dr. Paul and more cost to the community.

Hook
12-03-2007, 01:42 AM
from the website on "how this works"

"Liberty Political Advertising is selling political advertisements that you can sponsor. Right now we are selling advertising time for Ron Paul, primarily on the Ron Paul Blimp. You can buy as much ad time as you like. When the advertising time you sponsored ends the next customer's advertising time begins (until their time runs out)...and the process repeats for as long as the advertisement's sponsorship lasts."

look. if it wasn't legal, do you think the FEC director would be onboard advising on how to do it?

Depends on if he thinks he can make a bunch more money when he has to defend his clients when they get put in jail. :D
jk.

synthetic
12-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Airship companies such as Airship Management are contracted by corporations to promote a specific message on a blimp. Without the contracting company providing a clear objective and establishing and maintaining an itinerary, there is just a blimp emblazoned with a message and a talented crew with no specific idea what to do to maximize the impact of the message they are being paid to display. They would simply revert to doing exposure flights in and around the area they find themselves currently based out of. Sometimes this can be all that is necessary to be effective.

However, the airship crew needs guidance from the sponsoring company to make the most impact with the message on the airship. Without such guidance, the effectiveness of the promotional campaign is reduced greatly.

What Airship Management does NOT do is operate as a full-fledged PR company. They operate and maintain blimps, and they do their job well day in and day out. It is the sponsor company's responsibility to do everything in their power to maximize the return on investment of their airship lease.

This is Liberty Political Advertisement's task, and that means Trevor, Elijah, and the rest of the teams have a tremendous job ahead of them. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Not many people can appreciate how much work it is to arrange an airship "movement."

You haven't answered the question. What are they selling? What is their product? What is the tremendous job ahead of them that you speak of? Is it making sure people look up and see a 200ft blimp?

Volunteers are willing an able to explain to the Airship Management Company what route to take and where the blimp is expected to be, free of charge. Instead it appears people will be holding video cameras and pulling in $52,000 salaries.

slantedview
12-03-2007, 02:02 AM
You haven't answered the question. What are they selling? What is their product?
this has been explained 50 billion times and is on the freaking site. go read.

driller80545
12-03-2007, 02:03 AM
It is very simple. If you don't want to support this blimp project, then don't donate. If you are willing to provide the logistics to the project for free, then, by all means, go and rent a blimp and get her up there. You will soon learn that there is a lot more to it than that. I have never rented a blimp, but I am sure one would be more trouble that I care to deal with. One small piece of advice, first thing after you rent the blimp, get a lawyer!

gold standard
12-03-2007, 02:15 AM
I had a lot of enthusiasm for the idea when reading about it in it's original form. I never pledged having not decided if I'd visit the United States to take advantage of a blimp ride (taking along two friends) for the five grand. If not, I planned to send a few hundred dollars.

Now, I don't plan to contribute. I hope it still flies but dont' like the changes with a seemingly bloated paid blimp staff. I personally don't want to see the same people being interviewed about the campaign over and over. Two highly skilled and organized individuals could handle this without working sixteen hours a day. As long as they combined have strong PR, fundraising, multi-media, accounting, and computer skills.

I applaud the effort and reserve the right to change my mind and buy an advertisement. Now that this is a for profit venture and considering that I think the project is going off course I will only pay to keep the blimp flying if it lives up to my expectations.

Good luck!