PDA

View Full Version : Houston We Have A Problem - New Hampshire Canvasers & Post Signs in NH NEEDED ASAP!!!

orenbus
12-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Guys,

I just got back from canvassing over the weekend in New Hampshire, I'm sorry to report things do not look as good as some of us may think. They are seriously hurting bad for people up there. I was expecting Revolution Banners on every overpass or at the very least seeing more Ron Paul signs than Huckabee or Romney, unfortunately this is not the case.

Take a look at the number of supporters in Manchester, NH (the state's largest city)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/cities/us/nh/manchester/?from=loc_pick

Now going by the standards of activists versus people that just join up to show support through meetups you can get a sense of how many people they have locally that can help. Luckily I can report that over 20 people came in from different parts of the country to help canvas this past weekend and there are a few dozen more that have been canvassing every weekend for the last number of weeks (many from Op LFoD & free-staters), but this is no where near enough if we seriously expect to win New Hampshire, something needs to happen and fast!

I don't report this to be negative or pop anyone's balloon, I report this to you guys because I take this election very very seriously. I want to see Ron Paul in the white house as much as anyone, perhaps in some cases more so. If you guys want the truth and really want to win we need to show a good placing in New Hampshire primary, plain and simple. If we want to come close or even win New Hampshire than New Hampshire needs your help, BIG TIME!

It's not enough for us to have local sign waves, buy newspaper ads and billboards, create videos that help publicize the campaign online, write articles, money bombs and donations and the like. The money is good and that money will go to advertising which is where it should go but I have to say we are sorely in need of more boots on the ground in NH.

THIS IS VERY ALARMING!!! The New Hampshire Primary is January 8th!!!

If someone is wealthy and/or organizing a PAC and is reading this I'm not sure if this is possible, but you may want to start considering hiring people in NH to start putting up signs and go do door to door canvasing soon.

Every Ron Paul supporter in 12 hours driving distance of NH please consider and spread the word to your local meetups and supporters in your states to give serious consideration into coming up to NH one weekend in December to help canvas, post up signs everywhere so we outnumber all the other candidates and spread the word in the NH communities.

The New Hampshire Primary is January 8th!!!

We have some time (not a lot!), we can turn this thing around, but everyone that is physically able to do so needs to start thinking about heading up to NH to pitch in NOW! Consider car pooling, I know the New York group is offering to cover all charges of driving up there and lodging if you're serious about helping out. Please start to organize similiar activities in towns and cities near you. No Joke guys, New Hampshire needs our help and fast!

For Liberty

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:04 AM
:bump:

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM
anyone know if there is a website dedicated to getting people to head up to New Hampshire to help out?

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Are you lacking in "signs" too? Or do you have signs, and just nobody to put them up?

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Are you lacking in "signs" too? Or do you have signs, and just nobody to put them up?

There is plenty of signs and literature/materials just not enough people in the area to put them up and hand them out. The campaign is providing the regular signs through the concord (official campaign) office, we just need people up in New Hampshire quick. Ron Paul Revolution banners on overpasses would be awesome but again we need people to make them and we need people to put them up.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 01:12 AM
how in the fuck can huckadick and romney have more support if..they have no grass roots? hell, huckledick isnt even running any ads

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I am confused... another poster mentioned that materials were needed badly..

You say you have plenty with no troops..

and I got the impression that there were alot of troops, no materials.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
damn pessimists.

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Why isn't the meetups being utilized effectively??? There should be at least a 100 per weekend doing this given the amount of members....

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Communication with OLFD people is brutal. I posted on the forum and emailed someone about getting some information about airports, hotels, location, etc. and haven't heard anything in a week.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Well I would say that personnel is going to be the priority that is needed, materials are the easy part we need as many bodies up there as possible and we need them fast.

The campaign has the money they can buy the materials although if you want to send some up thats cool too but from my own eyes this past weekend we had about eight or nine times the amount of materials required for the group of people we had helping out. Meaning if the group was eight or nine times bigger we possibly would have run out of stuff. One thing I guess I would say is that they do need more of the issues slim jims, not the conservatives but the issue specific slim jims would be great for Manchester meetup.

But getting back to needing more troops. I mean take a look at the numbers of meetup members in New Hampshire and then look at where some of the meetup members home towns are (lots of out of staters). It's clear we need help up there ASAP if not sooner, this means people. We need people up there, anyone and everyone, man, women and even children whatever it takes. We need help canvassing and putting up signs. If your not physically capable of coming because of a handicap that's fine, everyone else in 12 hours distance please come up and help. We need you now!!!

eric_cartman
12-03-2007, 01:27 AM
do the ron paul meet up groups in NH need money? if they do, we need to give it to them. we need to make sure they have enough money for signs, posters, t-shirts, whatever they think they need.

i think if someone set up a little NH meet up group money bomb, lots of people will donate. The money collected will be split between meet up groups and volenteers doing grassroots efforts in NH. 100% of the money will go towards ron paul grassroots efforts in NH. If someone wants money for something specific, outside of the meet ups, they can post their idea in a forum and people can vote.

so if the problem in NH is money... we can try and get them money. If the problem is that we need more volunteers in NH... well... then there's not much we can do. There may be people in NH who would help the effort, but maybe have no extra money to spend buying signs, photocopying information, hanging banners. If we raised money to send them a few thousand lawn signs, stickers, whatever... would there be people who could use them? It would be great if the people who went door to door, had lawn signs to give out to people who wanted it as well as other information that can be costly to produce.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Well I would say that personnel is going to be the priority that is needed, materials are the easy part we need as many bodies up there as possible and we need them fast.

The campaign has the money they can buy the materials although if you want to send some up thats cool too but from my own eyes this past weekend we had about eight or nine times the amount of materials we had personnel helping out.

I mean take a look at the numbers of meetup members in New Hampshire and then look at where some of the meetup members home towns are (lots of out of staters). It's clear we need help up there ASAP if not sooner, this means people. We need people up there, anyone and everyone, man, women and even children whatever it takes. We need help canvassing and putting up signs. If your not physically capable of coming because of a handicap that's fine, everyone else in 12 hours distance please come up and help. We need you now!!!

I am against driver's licenses...sorry. I would go if I had a way to get there.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM

The New York group can provide you a ride, you're close to the city. If you can take a train or bus in they will handle the rest in getting you to New Hampshire, taking care of your lodging. Also New Hampshire supporters will open up their house to you.

Remember the Indian guy that asked Ron Paul a question during the google interview? He quit his job, he's in the process of organzing opening up homes to supporters coming out of state so they have a place to stay while helping canvas and put up signs on the weekends.

Here is a video of us this weekend up in New Hampshire:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lGTwHvehP50

Sure it was blistering cold out there waiting for a half hour for people to come out of the hockey game to hand them literature but 20-30 or us did it. The cold had come right through my gloves, the protection wasn't working anymore. Did I care? Did the rest of us? No, why? Because our feet are not bleeding yet, this is a fight for our freedom. People came up from Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, etc. etc. WE NEED YOU!!! WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO HELP!!!

Imagine what George Washington and his men went through.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
The New York group can provide you a ride, you're close to the city. If you can take a train or bus in they will handle the rest in getting you to New Hampshire, taking care of your lodging. Also New Hampshire supporters will open up their house to you.

Remember the Indian guy that asked Ron Paul a question during the google interview? He's in the process of organzing opening up homes to supporters coming out of state so they have a place to stay while helping canvas and put up signs on the weekends.

Here is a video of us this weekend up in New Hampshire, sure it was blistering cold out there waiting for a half hour for people to come out of the hockey game to hand them literature but 20-30 or us did it. The cold had come right through my gloves, the protection wasn't working anymore. Did I care? Did the rest of us? No, why? Because our feet are not bleeding yet, this is a fight for our freedom. People came up from Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, etc. etc. WE NEED YOU!!! WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO HELP!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lGTwHvehP50

interested. how do I get a hold of them? Also, I'm just a lousy driver :p might as well take the route of principle, eh

Corydoras
12-03-2007, 01:39 AM

You're quite right. It's rural up there, so you can't fly into Manchester and expect to be able to take the subway. People, don't be fooled by some people calling southern New Hampshire actually suburban Boston, because it isn't like Boston at all. You need a driver's license and a car to get around.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 01:40 AM
You're quite right. It's rural up there, so you can't fly into Manchester and expect to be able to take the subway. People, don't be fooled by some people calling southern New Hampshire actually suburban Boston, because it isn't like Boston at all. You need a driver's license and a car to get around.

We can't live off the land huh?

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:43 AM

We had plenty of people with cars and empty seats. We had about 5 or 6 vehicles that would fit one or two more supporters each. Almost all the other details are minor the big question is are people willing to come up to New Hampshire and make a difference in this election? Are individuals that are capable willing to win New Hampshire for Ron Paul? If the answer is yes then just about everything else can be worked out.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 01:47 AM
interested. how do I get a hold of them? Also, I'm just a lousy driver :p might as well take the route of principle, eh

Awesome!

You will want to contact this guy through NYC meetup:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/50/members/4178298/

orenbus
12-03-2007, 02:02 AM
LOL, I went up there and didn't even know this site existed check it out (scroll down to see pictures of us in action with Dr. Paul):

http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/blog.html

Here is where you can volunteer:

http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/volunteer.html

By the way Murphy's Tap room rules lots of smart hot women. It was an awesome weekend!!!

Oh, Ron Paul showed up and hung out with us too!

:D :D :D

Cindy
12-03-2007, 02:14 AM
how in the fuck can huckadick and romney have more support if..they have no grass roots? hell, huckledick isnt even running any ads

Romney is paying people to campaign for him in NH, and huck has the networking of the Church groups to work it for him.

That is where the RP grassroots has underestimated Huck, believing we got ourselves organized way before him and have the advantage. the far religious right has embraced them, and they have had a much larger organizational network set up through their churches all along waiting to be tapped into by huck supporters.

Romney can buy whatever sort of campaign support troops he thinks he needs.

Are any of you up there combing the colleges for recruits to help get more signs and banners up?

orenbus
12-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Communication with OLFD people is brutal. I posted on the forum and emailed someone about getting some information about airports, hotels, location, etc. and haven't heard anything in a week.

don't depend on them if they are taking that long to get back to you start organizing a trip up with fellow supporters. I didn't even know about Operation Liver Free or Die until just a few minutes ago, lol. Vijay sounds like the guy you want to talk to unfortunately I don't have his contact info but don't let that stop you! New Hampshire needs your help, if OLFD group doesn't get back to you starting thinking about secondary plans.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 02:22 AM
do the ron paul meet up groups in NH need money? if they do, we need to give it to them. we need to make sure they have enough money for signs, posters, t-shirts, whatever they think they need.

i think if someone set up a little NH meet up group money bomb, lots of people will donate. The money collected will be split between meet up groups and volenteers doing grassroots efforts in NH. 100% of the money will go towards ron paul grassroots efforts in NH. If someone wants money for something specific, outside of the meet ups, they can post their idea in a forum and people can vote.

so if the problem in NH is money... we can try and get them money. If the problem is that we need more volunteers in NH... well... then there's not much we can do. There may be people in NH who would help the effort, but maybe have no extra money to spend buying signs, photocopying information, hanging banners. If we raised money to send them a few thousand lawn signs, stickers, whatever... would there be people who could use them? It would be great if the people who went door to door, had lawn signs to give out to people who wanted it as well as other information that can be costly to produce.

Money would not hurt although right now the focus is People, the cost of one person going out believing in and promoting Ron Paul in a way that those in New Hampshire can truely believe is very very expensive. The best way to do this is to get as many true believer Ron Paul supporters up to New Hampshire as soon as possible. We need people putting up signs and banners everywhere up there, canvasing and spreading the word they best people suited to do the job is our fellow hardcore grassroots people.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 02:24 AM

He must be paying people to put the signs up, I saw them with my own eyes. I have video, will be putting it up soon so you guys can see as well.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Man. I have the time. I just don't have the cash. And I don't really want to put the miles on my car. I live in Colorado!!

I can be a good asset perhaps though. I can make daily high quality videos. I have all my own kit. I'm also a New Zealander, and people that always gets people's attention. "Hey wait a minute, you can't even vote can you?" "Well no sir, I can't...." :)

Maybe those who have the $$ but no time to go themselves could sponsor the people with the time but no $$.

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-03-2007, 02:39 AM
LOL, I went up there and didn't even know this site existed check it out (scroll down to see pictures of us in action with Dr. Paul):

http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/blog.html

Here is where you can volunteer:

By the way Murphy's Tap room rules lots of smart hot women. It was an awesome weekend!!!

Oh, Ron Paul showed up and hung out with us too!

:D :D :D

It's hard to believe that you didn't know about OLFoD.

p.s. My perception is completely different than yours. In the last two weeks, I've seen and heard INCREDIBLE feedback about Dr. Paul in New Hampshire! 45% Independents and about 60% undecided (mainly due to Dr. Paul.)

steph3n
12-03-2007, 02:41 AM
anyone know if there is a website dedicated to getting people to head up to New Hampshire to help out?

here:

steph3n
12-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Man. I have the time. I just don't have the cash. And I don't really want to put the miles on my car. I live in Colorado!!

I can be a good asset perhaps though. I can make daily high quality videos. I have all my own kit. I'm also a New Zealander, and people that always gets people's attention. "Hey wait a minute, you can't even vote can you?" "Well no sir, I can't...." :)

Maybe those who have the $$ but no time to go themselves could sponsor the people with the time but no $$.

go to aa.com and see how much a round trip will cost! they have been dirt cheap. But i guess you'd have to go to Boston :(

RonPaulVolunteer
12-03-2007, 02:55 AM
go to aa.com and see how much a round trip will cost! they have been dirt cheap. But i guess you'd have to go to Boston :(

Cheaper than the gas to get there and back actually. $309 plus taxes

orenbus
12-03-2007, 02:55 AM
It's hard to believe that you didn't know about OLFoD.

p.s. My perception is completely different than yours. In the last two weeks, I've seen and heard INCREDIBLE feedback about Dr. Paul in New Hampshire! 45% Independents and about 60% undecided (mainly due to Dr. Paul.)

First I would like to clarify I'm not suggesting any support numbers or percentages, I'm reporting my first hand expierence while canvassing this weekend, about the signs and also the number of volunteers that were expected versus at hand to do canvassing and putting up signs. I'm also reporting my observations of the current sign situation on the ground in New Hampshire which is fairly obvious. If you are in Concord near the HQ it maybe a different story where you are, I'm speaking specifically about the area in and around the largest city in New Hampshire which is Manchester and it's suburbs.

I used to spend a bit of time on Forums have calmed down lately as I shift priorities on doing more local grassroots, boots on the ground type stuff. Been meaning to get back to netroots although have had a hard time, sorry I've been out of the loop a bit.

I can't speak for all of New Hampshire just what I saw around Manchester this weekend canvasing, again all one really needs to do is take a look at the meetup numbers compared to some other states. I understand population is lower in New Hampshire however the needs are there for more people to come and help, this is undeniable. Please contact Jesse the Manchester meetup organizer if clarification is needed, he is asking for all Ron Paul supporters in the area and out of state to please come help with canvasing, signs, etc.

Considering the importance of New Hampshire it's clear what needs to be done here. We need every person possible in a 12 hour radius to come up and help ASAP. I do not believe we can continue on the assumption that we have New Hampshire locked in as a win. I want to win this election. It's clear to me and should be clear to others New Hampshire needs everyone's help and it needs it now!

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Romney is paying people to campaign for him in NH, and huck has the networking of the Church groups to work it for him.

That is where the RP grassroots has underestimated Huck, believing we got ourselves organized way before him and have the advantage. the far religious right has embraced them, and they have had a much larger organizational network set up through their churches all along waiting to be tapped into by huck supporters.

Romney can buy whatever sort of campaign support troops he thinks he needs.

Are any of you up there combing the colleges for recruits to help get more signs and banners up?

church groups are not influential to NH voters. They can play their trick in Iowa

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Awesome!

ok. ty. I'll email that guy. the organizer, right?

orenbus
12-03-2007, 03:23 AM
ok. ty. I'll email that guy. the organizer, right?

He's one of the organizers, he's coordinating trips up to NH from NYC. Thanks again Joseph, you are doing a great thing here for your fellow Ron Paul supporters and your country.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 04:09 AM

steph3n
12-03-2007, 04:41 AM

I asked in other threads with no reply, ca you answer this?

I have a question on the sticky thread but not sure anyone will see it!

It looks like the nearest airport that American Airlines serves is BOSTON

I would like to fly up either Dec 31 or Jan 5th and stay will Jan 9th, how do i go about getting from BOSTON to NH?

I have a ticket on hold for 24 for both of these dates.
Feel free to PM me if you have info that may be needed.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 05:01 AM

I would like to fly up either Dec 31 or Jan 5th and stay will Jan 9th, how do i go about getting from BOSTON to NH?

Op Live Free or Die organizers would be the best people to ask. I'm assuming you're looking for a ride to NH, otherwise I'd suggest renting a car I suppose. Or Taxi to Bus if you're looking for mass transit, but yea OLFoD people would probably best people to ask I would think.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 05:02 AM
Op Live Free or Die organizers would be the best people to ask. I'm assuming you're looking for a ride to NH, otherwise I'd suggest renting a car I suppose. Or Taxi to Bus if you're looking for mass transit, but yea OLFoD people would probably best people to ask I would think.

I rent cars for business but can't afford it personally, I am under 25 and they charge insane rates for daily penalties :(

OferNave
12-03-2007, 05:34 AM
I rent cars for business but can't afford it personally, I am under 25 and they charge insane rates for daily penalties :(

If you can't afford to rent a car, then I'm assuming you're planning to depend on others for housing and transportation. That puts you perfectly in Operation Live Free or Die territory, since that is what they are designed to handle.

http://operationlivefreeordie.com/

Contact the organizers, they should be able to help you with arrangements. Also, there are forums on that site where you can talk to all kinds of people directly.

LizF
12-03-2007, 05:44 AM

It depends on which city in NH you're heading for. Although you'll probably be able to find someone willing to help, you could consider:

1) taking the T from the airport (perhaps a combination of bus to South Station and/or commuter rail):

http://www.mbta.com/
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=SILVER

2) bus from Logan to the city of your choice:

http://www.nh.gov/dot/nhrideshare/links.htm

http://www.concordtrailways.com/

walt
12-03-2007, 07:03 AM
bump

freedom_junkie
12-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Did someone mention a need for banners hehe? I'm in Long Island and we (I) just bought 100 blank coroplast sign materials and my Hubby was going to make a stencil and we about 3 people were going to make them. BANNERS, I have about 50 blank precut tyvec banners blank, but I have 3 different stencils to use about 20 cans of paint.

Should I scrap NY and work on these for NH????????

orenbus
12-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Did someone mention a need for banners hehe? I'm in Long Island and we (I) just bought 100 blank coroplast sign materials and my Hubby was going to make a stencil and we about 3 people were going to make them. BANNERS, I have about 50 blank precut tyvec banners blank, but I have 3 different stencils to use about 20 cans of paint.

Should I scrap NY and work on these for NH????????

If you or someone you know can drive up to NH and put them up I would say YES PLEASE, HELL YES! Please do it! If you are talking about shipping them up, there is no guarantee we would have the people to put them up, most everyone in NH is concentrating on going door to door (and even then there isn't enough people) which means we need some hardcore revolutionaries to put up banners/signs. Long Island isn't that far away in the whole scheme of things, if you make them and drive up to do a night mission in NH you will forever be my hero. The more banners we have on overpasses and signs on off ramps the better :D

orenbus
12-03-2007, 08:17 AM

tekkierich
12-03-2007, 08:33 AM
I have just confirmed. Two of us from Maryland will be taking the a week off work to campaign in NH January 4 - 8th. We have secured "The Maryland Ron Paul Express" as our vehicle. Our drive will be about 10 hours or more each way.

Ron Paul Express on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBoTaTSZgs

I wish I could do more and come up earlier, but schedules are tight.

We are organizing hard here in Maryland. Delegates are in order and canvasing is starting to happen.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 09:45 AM
don't depend on them if they are taking that long to get back to you start organizing a trip up with fellow supporters. I didn't even know about Operation Liver Free or Die until just a few minutes ago, lol. Vijay sounds like the guy you want to talk to unfortunately I don't have his contact info but don't let that stop you! New Hampshire needs your help, if OLFD group doesn't get back to you starting thinking about secondary plans.

I agree with you, but you can't plan a trip if you have no clue where you're going. hehe. All that I need is an address of where the main camp is located.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
If I were to drive up from Philadelphia with 2 or 3 other people, is there a place we can crash for a weekend?

orenbus
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I have just confirmed. Two of us from Maryland will be taking the a week off work to campaign in NH January 4 - 8th. We have secured "The Maryland Ron Paul Express" as our vehicle. Our drive will be about 10 hours or more each way.

Ron Paul Express on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBoTaTSZgs

I wish I could do more and come up earlier, but schedules are tight.

We are organizing hard here in Maryland. Delegates are in order and canvasing is starting to happen.

Thank you very much, I love the Ron Paul Express!

I'm sure New Hampshire will welcome you with open arms!

orenbus
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree with you, but you can't plan a trip if you have no clue where you're going. hehe. All that I need is an address of where the main camp is located.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

New Hampshire Campaign Headquarters
45 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301

603-227-0131

They can direct you to where help is needed, There is always something going on now in NH. If you need more information from grassroots contact one of the meetup organizers in NH I'm sure they will be happy to help.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
If I were to drive up from Philadelphia with 2 or 3 other people, is there a place we can crash for a weekend?

Yes,

Please volunteer at:

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
In my area DOT took down ALL political signs.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 05:20 PM

Yes we found this out in FL the DoT was crazy about it, going behind regularly and taking down the Ron Paul signs, however i'd still see hiphop artist signs everywhere :(

orenbus
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I saw political yard signs in the suburbs around Manchester that looked like they had been there for weeks, for every Romney or Huckabee sign, I planted four Ron Paul signs ;)

The ground near the roadside was tough, it was light brown (dry) instead of the dark rich brown (soft). Almost felt like we were trying to plant signs into a dusty rock. Bring a hammer if you can. A handful of us can't do it alone, we need help. :(

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Most of the signs were up for a month around here. Now they are all gone. I dont want to put up anymore until I hear back from the town. But they never return the calls. :confused:

I saw political signs in the suburbs around Manchester that looked like they had been there for weeks, for every Romney or Huckabee sign I planted four Ron Paul signs ;)

A handful of us can't do it alone, we need help. :(

orenbus
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Anyone interested in coming up to NH to help canvas and help distribute signs, bumper stickers, etc to Ron Paul supporting voters, through the official campaign contact Andy at below contact info:

Andy Demers
Field Organizer
Ron Paul 2008

603-703-1633

aedemers@ronpaul2008.com

Of course the official campaign focus right now (rightly so) is voter identification for get out the vote efforts. They seriously need volunteers to come up and help. Any other activities you'll probably need to do independantly as not part of the volunteering for the official campaign (ie. grassroots).

-------------------------------------

hhrrmmm hrrrrmm :cough: (we need more revolution banners on overpasses) :cough: (and signs posted on off ramps) :cough: hrrmm hrrm

:D

Geronimo
12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Banners on overpasses never last, unless they're welcoming home a soldier. A lot of Ron Paul signs get taken down by other candidate's campaigns.

The ground was finally beginning to freeze over this past weekend. Now it's covered in snow. So a lot of Mitt and Huck signs got buried by snowplows, or obscured by snowbanks. That's not to say that there are no more Mitt or Huck signs, but the Ron Paul's seemed to take the beating better than the others.

A Big thanks to all of those who are helping us out!

orenbus
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Hmm okay so overpasses maybe too easy for the other campaigns to take down if we can not continue to put them up faster than they take them down. Even still though if they are up for a day or two that’s a lot of eyeballs that normally would not have seen them, for the cost of less than a few dollars a banner if we use vinyl it's a pretty good return on investment. The revolution banners have been a key to this campaign although it did take the official campaign some time to come around to adopting them in the advertising strategy they have been proven to be an effective tool in other states.

We should definitely make an effort to put up signs in the suburb neighborhoods on the corners of each road. These won't be taken down as often and also all along the major back roads and traffic routes, interestions and corners seem like a good place. Snow will be a factor we should start to brainstorm solutions to this.

If we can get 50 signage volunteers to come in every weekend to do night raids (or those more advertureous that did canvasing during the day) it will greatly contribute to activities not already coordinated by the campaign. Focus of effort on the 15th (sign bomb day) should be placed on New Hampshire roads from those that want to do some activities outside of canvasing.

mavtek
12-03-2007, 07:22 PM
We're sending at least 5 people to New Hampshire from the DFW area in the next couple of weeks. Hope it helps!

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Thank you!

We're sending at least 5 people to New Hampshire from the DFW area in the next couple of weeks. Hope it helps!

TexMac
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
There is money available to get people there! Go! Sign up at Vijay's site and they'll help you. (http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/volunteer.html)

If you can help sponsor people, donate here:

http://www.constitutionalthought.org/Primary.aspx

Brad and his group are going to see to it that anybody on the East
Coast interested in getting to New Hampshire the week before the
primary can do so, and not have to worry about scraping for their own
plane tickets or figuring out where to go. They're renting vans and
buses all across the country so that if anybody wants to volunteer,
they can get there. Their goal is to get a thousand or more.

If you're an organizer on the East Coast, or would be able to get a
group of people willing to pound the pavement for Ron Paul into New
Hampshire, visit their site and get in touch with them.
www.constitutionalthought.org (http://www.constitutionalthought.org/). If you're interested in supporting the
effort and sponsoring volunteers, they have a <a
href="http://www.constitutionalthought.org/Donate.aspx">donations page
up also</a>.

With all these efforts, it's looking like in the week before the
primary, there could be a huge last minute push for Dr. Paul in New
Hampshire. Live free indeed.

Geronimo
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Hmm okay so overpasses maybe too easy for the other campaigns to take down if we can not continue to put them up faster than they take them down. Even still though if they are up for a day or two that’s a lot of eyeballs that normally would not have seen them, for the cost of less than a few dollars a banner if we use vinyl it's a pretty good return on investment. The revolution banners have been a key to this campaign although it did take the official campaign some time to come around to adopting them in the advertising strategy they have been proven to be an effective tool in other states.

We should definitely make an effort to put up signs in the suburb neighborhoods on the corners of each road. These won't be taken down as often and also all along the major back roads and traffic routes, interestions and corners seem like a good place. Snow will be a factor we should start to brainstorm solutions to this.

If we can get 50 signage volunteers to come in every weekend to do night raids (or those more advertureous that did canvasing during the day) it will greatly contribute to activities not already coordinated by the campaign. Focus of effort on the 15th (sign bomb day) should be placed on New Hampshire roads from those that want to do some activities outside of canvasing.

I'm always up for Friday and Saturday night sign activity.

Roxi
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM

http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com

ALSO, we have been specifically asked by the campaign NOT to put homemade signs or banners out... the residents of new hampshire HATE that stuff and the campaign feels it may cause more harm than good.

we do need people up here though, desperately... if u don't mind my asking where were u canvassing saturday?

orenbus
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM

ALSO, we have been specifically asked by the campaign NOT to put homemade signs or banners out... the residents of new hampshire HATE that stuff and the campaign feels it may cause more harm than good.

we do need people up here though, desperately... if u don't mind my asking where were u canvassing saturday?

Bedford.

In regards to the Revolutin signs, the official campaign has been wrong about them before. It wasn't too long ago that Anita Andrews was also asking us not to do these, while at the same time the official campaign were working on including photos of them on the slim jims, soon after Ron Paul himself started to refer to our campaign as a Revolution. We all need to do what we think will win this election, remember the experts are not necessarly always right. I'm sure there are some pretty high paying experts in the other camps that never thought to do a money bomb, most of the best ideas always seem to come out from the grassroots. Ron Paul himself recognizes this. You and I, all of us are the campaign, solutions come from a free market of ideas. I'm going to do whatever I can to help get people to New Hampshire to help out as well as going into financial debt myself if that's what it takes to make sure we win.

jgmaynard
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Hmmmm... Not saying they're wrong, but I've lived in NH my whole life and been involved with politics here forever and I've never heard anyone say that.
Just my $0.02 ($0.013478243927 after taxes).

JM

Roxi
12-03-2007, 07:46 PM

THERE IS a lot you can do... help promote www.operationlivefreeordie.com and www.fiveforfreedom.com

GUYS LISTEN... i have been here since thanksgiving. if you were canvassing in concord then u completely missed out on what was going on in manchester, and nashua... and vice versa...

the OFLD people are spread out, so if it looks like theres not a lot of us there are... were just all over and not in one central location.

we do not have near enough people yet, we do need A LOT MORE boots on the ground, please if u know someone that can take a week or two off work SEND THEM TO ME so i can get them up here.

as for materials... yes the campaign has slim jims and signs but thats all they are willing to give us. there are tons of better flyers out there than the slim jims,
Lord Xar provided us with 1,000 liberty cards, and 1,000 dvd's the other day (THANKS!)

what we desperately need are the issue slim jims, mostly the tax free tips act

one thing someone can do for us is send us any tax free tips act flyers you can... whether its slim jims or homemade flyers we don't care, we need them BAD!!!
after its dark we can't canvass, but i will personally go to every restaurant in the state to spread this message after dark

and just so you know

right now we have about 40 people canvassing door to door SEVEN DAYS A WEEK not just on weekends... thats what OFLD is all about, getting people up here to help us... 40 people can not cover this state in the next month, we do have more coming, a lot more, i think 100 or so for sure are coming for the entire month and another 100 are coming for at least 2 weeks but thats not enough we need 1,000 people here canvassing 7 days a week

heres a video of us canvassing today
http://tulsatonewhampshire.blogspot.com/

if you have any questions about what were doing, what we need, or if no one from OFLD has contacted you yet, please please EMAIL ME at roxi4ronpaul2008@gmail.com

thanks

PS IF YOU WANT TO HELP IN ANY WAY NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG EMAIL ME AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN DO

TexMac
12-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Another contact:

Jim Forsythe
HQNH Meetup Coordinator
www.ronpaulhq.com (http://www.ronpaulhq.com/)

Roxi
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM

YES YES YES, email me immediately

Roxi
12-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmmmm... Not saying they're wrong, but I've lived in NH my whole life and been involved with politics here forever and I've never heard anyone say that.
Just my $0.02 ($0.013478243927 after taxes).

JM

i agree with you not the campaign... i only know what we were told, its always possible that they want us to focus on voter IDing and not making banners so they just told us that to keep us from doing it

IF ANYONE HAS BANNERS OR SIGNS THEY CAN SEND US I WILL PUT THEM OUT MYSELF

(the campaign doesn't want to hear about anything we are doing outside of voter IDing)

Matthew Zak
12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
bump

Roxi
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Bedford.

In regards to the Revolutin signs, the official campaign has been wrong about them before. It wasn't too long ago that Anita Andrews was also asking us not to do these, while at the same time the official campaign were working on including photos of them on the slim jims, soon after Ron Paul himself started to refer to our campaign as a Revolution. We all need to do what we think will win this election, remember the experts are not necessarly always right. I'm sure there are some pretty high paying experts in the other camps that never thought to do a money bomb, most of the best ideas always seem to come out from the grassroots. Ron Paul himself recognizes this. You and I, all of us are the campaign, solutions come from a free market of ideas. I'm going to do whatever I can to help get people to New Hampshire to help out as well as going into financial debt myself if that's what it takes to make sure we win.

thank you, and i feel like anita andrews is wrong in nearly everything she says... ron paul himself told me the other night that this campaign would not have even come close to the numbers they are pulling in if it weren't for the revolution thing. he said what ive been saying for a long time and that is that people appreciate the grassroots stuff more than the official stuff...

i really feel like it means more to someone that we MADE a sign as opposed to BUYING or getting a free one from the campaign, just my 2 cents

but that is still why there aren't many homemade signs or banners because some people are afraid to do anything the "campaign" doesn't want us to do... I am so busy now i don't have time to make signs, a guy from my meetup group in OK is sending me some tyvek banners, and homemade signs friday but if i get 1,000 banners in the mail, i will personally see to it that they are all put out. the 10 other people living in the hampton beach OFLD house feel the same way

Roxi
12-03-2007, 07:59 PM
ANYONE willing to come to NEW HAMPSHIRE that doesn't know how to go about doing so please email me at roxi4ronpaul2008@gmail.com

or call me

816-977-3724

TexMac
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
bump!

Roxi
12-03-2007, 08:11 PM
also, about canvassing in bedford, i can totally see how you got discouraged, (im assuming u met us at murphy's beforehand?)

come canvass portsmouth or exeter, or londonderry, or manchester and you will get a different impression i promise

my polls are showing 60% + are still undecided and about 15% are for sure voting for paul (these are my own personal findings from the peoples doors only I have knocked on, but other people doing their own polling are reporting the same numbers back to me)

parocks
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM

I'm guessing they need people in Iowa too.

parocks
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM

Concord Trailways operates buses from Boston (Logan Airport and South Station)
to many points in New Hampshire.

12 buses a day from South Station to Manchester (for example).

http://www.concordtrailways.com/new_hampshire_bus_schedule.htm

orenbus
12-03-2007, 09:22 PM
also, about canvassing in bedford, i can totally see how you got discouraged, (im assuming u met us at murphy's beforehand?)

come canvass portsmouth or exeter, or londonderry, or manchester and you will get a different impression i promise

my polls are showing 60% + are still undecided and about 15% are for sure voting for paul (these are my own personal findings from the peoples doors only I have knocked on, but other people doing their own polling are reporting the same numbers back to me)

Cool. Yep I was in the group that met at murphy's before going out. I'm not really discouraged, I mean overall I saw the weekend as a huge success, it was very eventful and although it was cold outside it felt awesome being there and helping.

The work you and the rest of the Op. Live Free or Die crew have put in and your dedication is awesome! It's almost like you guys are the special forces going in first before the cavalry arrives, we need to get reinforcements up there to help continue the work you've started, there is plenty to do.

This video rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9X5yWWlb2U

I agree with what was said in this video, we need about a thousand supporters up there, I'll be there soon again to help. In the meantime will do what I can to spread the word about LFoD, don't think enough people know about it yet and the importance of what you and the rest of the team up there are doing. You and the people that have moved up to NH to help win us this election know how important NH is, and you deserve our support. I'm not sure if other volunteers in the country have realized this yet as it seems majority of people are concentrating on local sign waves instead of thinking seriously of going to NH one weekend this December. If every Ron Paul supporter in a 12 hour radius around NH drove up there to help out on a Saturday the result would be massive. We need to make sure other Ron Paul Revolutionaries know and start to make plans to head up to New Hampshire to help out.

orenbus
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM

Awesome, Thank You! Together we are going to win this thing! :)

orenbus
12-03-2007, 09:58 PM

orenbus
12-03-2007, 11:28 PM

tekkierich
12-03-2007, 11:30 PM
new rule... it costs a $5 donation to bump a post.

Roxi
12-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Cool. Yep I was in the group that met at murphy's before going out. I'm not really discouraged, I mean overall I saw the weekend as a huge success, it was very eventful and although it was cold outside it felt awesome being there and helping.

The work you and the rest of the Op. Live Free or Die crew have put in and your dedication is awesome! It's almost like you guys are the special forces going in first before the cavalry arrives, we need to get reinforcements up there to help continue the work you've started, there is plenty to do.

This video rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9X5yWWlb2U

I agree with what was said in this video, we need about a thousand supporters up there, I'll be there soon again to help. In the meantime will do what I can to spread the word about LFoD, don't think enough people know about it yet and the importance of what you and the rest of the team up there are doing. You and the people that have moved up to NH to help win us this election know how important NH is, and you deserve our support. I'm not sure if other volunteers in the country have realized this yet as it seems majority of people are concentrating on local sign waves instead of thinking seriously of going to NH one weekend this December. If every Ron Paul supporter in a 12 hour radius around NH drove up there to help out on a Saturday the result would be massive. We need to make sure other Ron Paul Revolutionaries know and start to make plans to head up to New Hampshire to help out.

thanks a bunch... the comments on the vid are hilarious i love being here and we really are making great strides... we did some brainstorming tonight and i think we are about to BLOW UP here hee hee

oh and to the poster above... i LOVE THAT RULE!!

Geronimo
12-04-2007, 05:58 AM

By law, the DOT is required to hang on to all of the signs that they take down.
(at least until the end of election season)

You might want to go check with them to see if you can get them back.

libertarian4321
12-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Anyone who is cash strapped and would need to travel a long way can take a Greyhound Bus for $198 or less, round trip (Texas to NH would be about $162 round trip).

Yeah, I know, its not the most glamorous way to travel, but it will get you there- probably a lot cheaper than air or renting a car.

http://www.greyhound.com/home/en/DealsAndDiscounts/GoAnywhere.aspx

orenbus
12-05-2007, 12:14 AM
today is the 5th, i just donated so I can bump :D

Remember everyone to donate to Op Live Free or Die.

http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/donate.html

Five dollars today on the Fifth for Freedom!

McDermit
12-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Kind of neat - we have two DOT employees is our meetup group. And they even go out and help post signs.

orenbus
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Kind of neat - we have two DOT employees is our meetup group. And they even go out and help post signs.

In New Hampshire or another state?

ChrisV
12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
$15 for freedom! donated.

Shatterhand
12-05-2007, 12:33 AM
THERE IS a lot you can do... help promote www.operationlivefreeordie.com and www.fiveforfreedom.com

GUYS LISTEN... i have been here since thanksgiving. if you were canvassing in concord then u completely missed out on what was going on in manchester, and nashua... and vice versa...

the OFLD people are spread out, so if it looks like theres not a lot of us there are... were just all over and not in one central location.

we do not have near enough people yet, we do need A LOT MORE boots on the ground, please if u know someone that can take a week or two off work SEND THEM TO ME so i can get them up here.

as for materials... yes the campaign has slim jims and signs but thats all they are willing to give us. there are tons of better flyers out there than the slim jims,
Lord Xar provided us with 1,000 liberty cards, and 1,000 dvd's the other day (THANKS!)

what we desperately need are the issue slim jims, mostly the tax free tips act

one thing someone can do for us is send us any tax free tips act flyers you can... whether its slim jims or homemade flyers we don't care, we need them BAD!!!
after its dark we can't canvass, but i will personally go to every restaurant in the state to spread this message after dark

and just so you know

right now we have about 40 people canvassing door to door SEVEN DAYS A WEEK not just on weekends... thats what OFLD is all about, getting people up here to help us... 40 people can not cover this state in the next month, we do have more coming, a lot more, i think 100 or so for sure are coming for the entire month and another 100 are coming for at least 2 weeks but thats not enough we need 1,000 people here canvassing 7 days a week

heres a video of us canvassing today
http://tulsatonewhampshire.blogspot.com/

if you have any questions about what were doing, what we need, or if no one from OFLD has contacted you yet, please please EMAIL ME at roxi4ronpaul2008@gmail.com

thanks

PS IF YOU WANT TO HELP IN ANY WAY NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG EMAIL ME AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN DO

Is the campaign providing you with the tax-free tip slim jims and all the other specialized slim jims? Are you getting the type of literature that you need to distribute?

orenbus
12-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Is the campaign providing you with the tax-free tip slim jims and all the other specialized slim jims? Are you getting the type of literature that you need to distribute?

I know the big thing they needed aside from more people heading up to NH to pitch in to do canvassing and put up signs, was issues slim jims like these:

Slim Jim C – “HEALTH CARE AND HEALTH FREEDOM” Pack of 100
http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=33

Slim Jim D - "FOR LIFE AND LIBERTY" Pack of 100
http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=34

Slim Jim E - "GUN OWNERS FOR PAUL" Pack of 100
http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=32

Slim Jim F - "SECURE OUR BORDERS" Pack of 100
http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=35

The issues slim jims are in high demand mainly because once you find out what the individual person's top issue is in this campaign you want to give them materials specific to their need. All about knowing your audience and providing the information they are looking for. Anyway there was plenty of the students one and the general hope for america one, not enough issues slim jims they need more. More importantly though again they need more troops on the ground. This means more volunteers and money to support housing for them when they get to NH.

http://www.fiveforfreedom.com/

donate here:
http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/donate.html

volunteer here:

orenbus
12-05-2007, 06:52 AM
$5 more = bump

give em hell New Hampshire!

orenbus
12-05-2007, 07:52 AM
donated $5 more :)

KewlRonduderules
12-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Is there a problem with the chip-in? I am unable to donate.

orenbus
12-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Hmm I just checked again your right! I get the following message:

"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Anyone have Vijay's phone number? He needs to take action right away, probably the account isn't verified or Paypal threw up some security precaution as they saw all this money coming in. They maybe missing out on thousands of dollars every few minutes that passes, he needs to get in touch with Paypal asap.

orenbus
12-05-2007, 08:11 AM
anyone?

mmarcman22
12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
It is of the upmost importance for all Ron Paul Supporters to converge on the State of New Hampshire for the scene of our first battle. This is a vital and strategic point in our quest to overcome those who wish to destroy our nation. In order to win we must send our entire force (supporters) to surround this state and to recruit new warriors (voters) into the Ron Paul Campaign. This state will set the tone for the rest of the nation. It must be won! Sound the Battle Cry! Oh we don't have one! People, we need about 5,000 to 10,000 people in New Hampshire.

orenbus
12-05-2007, 08:17 AM
beuhler? :)

Ozwest
12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
This thread is Magic!

All respect to the volunteers.

orenbus
12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
It is of the upmost importance for all Ron Paul Supporters to converge on the State of New Hampshire for the scene of our first battle. This is a vital and strategic point in our quest to overcome those who wish to destroy our nation. In order to win we must send our entire force (supporters) to surround this state and to recruit new warriors (voters) into the Ron Paul Campaign. This state will set the tone for the rest of the nation. It must be won! Sound the Battle Cry! Oh we don't have one! People, we need about 5,000 to 10,000 people in New Hampshire.

Hear Hear! A call to action! Agreed, Thank you. We need everyone up there now!!!

:: whistles loudly ::

KewlRonduderules
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Don't they need money in New Hampshire? If so, why are not so many people raising a concern about this. It is important- the chip-in is down for whatever reason.

alien
12-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Actually Iowa will be the first battle.

orenbus
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Someone in New Hampshire sound the claxon, the chipin is stuck!!!

shepburn
12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
bump

Primbs
12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Help is on the way in form of a blimp. Maybe we can offer a ride to volunteer who plans to be there for awhile.

A blimp will get volunteers to do things when they see it.

Support the Blimp.

www.ronpaulblimp.com

jake
12-05-2007, 12:32 PM
the Blimp should be used to paradrop grassroots campaigners over NH!

Thomas_Paine
12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Please go donate now! http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/donate.html
FIVE FOR FREEDOM!

orenbus
12-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah! It's fixed, everyone donate $5 nowwwwwww!!!!!!

JuniorNJ
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Just completed my donation of $10. Who will give me a 5oclock match on Five for Freedom!?

Geronimo
12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Bump

orenbus
12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
$5 more from me, go NH go!!!!

M.Bellmore
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
the Blimp should be used to paradrop grassroots campaigners over NH!

Hey there's a good animation for someone to create. Show RP paratroppers dropping in different states from the RP blimp, to the tune of the flight of the valkyries :D

voytechs
12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I've been sweet talking my wife into letting me go for a whole week to NH! I need a break anyway from work and I can't think of a better way to spend it.

Nothing 100% confirmed, but I'm working on it. She agrees that I need a vacation, so a couple more days and hopefully I can commit.

orenbus
12-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I've been sweet talking my wife into letting me go for a whole week to NH! I need a break anyway from work and I can't think of a better way to spend it.

Nothing 100% confirmed, but I'm working on it. She agrees that I need a vacation, so a couple more days and hopefully I can commit.

do it! it's hard work but an amazing experience being up there and helping. it's good for the heart I had a great time.

chiping in $5 more for the hardcore volunteers heading to New Hampshire! We can win this!

JosephTheLibertarian
12-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Awesome!

ok ty. I contacted the organizer. I have got nothing to do :p

NorfolkPCSolutions
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Please forgive me if this has been mentioned already.

I encourage all to make phone calls on behalf of Ron Paul. He has a site set up to make this quick and easy.

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/

It's becoming a hobby of mine! :-)

orenbus
10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh I should point out if anyone finds this thread through a search or some archive this is a discussion from 2007. The new thread for 2011 is located here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?319699-Houston-We-Have-A-Problem-New-Hampshire-Canvasers-amp-Post-Signs-in-NH-NEEDED-ASAP!!!

JoshLowry
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Change the link in your signature as well.