PDA

View Full Version : Houston We Have A Problem - New Hampshire Canvasers & Post Signs in NH NEEDED ASAP!!!

orenbus
12-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Guys,

I just got back from canvassing over the weekend in New Hampshire, I'm sorry to report things do not look as good as some of us may think. They are seriously hurting bad for people up there. I was expecting Revolution Banners on every overpass or at the very least seeing more Ron Paul signs than Huckabee or Romney, unfortunately this is not the case.

Take a look at the number of supporters in Manchester, NH (the state's largest city)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/cities/us/nh/manchester/?from=loc_pick

Now going by the standards of activists versus people that just join up to show support through meetups you can get a sense of how many people they have locally that can help. Luckily I can report that over 20 people came in from different parts of the country to help canvas this passed weekend and there are a few dozen more that have been canvassing every weekend for the last number of weeks (many free-staters), but this is no where near enough if we seriously expect to win New Hampshire, something needs to happen and fast!

I don't report this to be negative or pop anyone's balloon, I report this to you guys because I take this election very very seriously. I want to see Ron Paul in the white house as much as anyone, perhaps in some cases more so. If you guys want the truth and really want to win we need to show a good placing in New Hampshire primary, plain and simple. If we want to come close or even win New Hampshire than New Hampshire needs your help, BIG TIME!

It's not enough for us to have sign waves, buy newspaper ads and billboards, create videos that help publicize the campaign online, write articles, money bombs and donations and the like. The money is good and that money will go to advertising which is where it should go but I have to say we are sorely in need of more boots on the ground in NH.

THIS IS VERY ALARMING!!! The New Hampshire Primary is January 8th!!!

If someone is wealthy and/or organizing a PAC and is reading this I'm not sure if this is possible but you may want to start considering hiring people in NH to start putting up signs and go do door to door canvasing soon.

Every Ron Paul supporter in 12 hours driving distance of NH please consider and spread the word to your local meetups and supporters in your states to give serious consideration into coming up to NH one weekend in December to help canvas, post up signs everywhere so we outnumber all the other candidates and spread the word in the NH communities.

The New Hampshire Primary is January 8th!!!

We have some time (not a lot!), we can turn this thing around, but everyone that is physically able to do so needs to start thinking about heading up to NH to pitch in NOW! Consider car pooling, I know the New York group is offering to cover all charges of driving up there and lodging if you're serious about helping out. Please start to organize similiar activities in towns and cities near you. No Joke guys, New Hampshire needs our help and fast!

For Liberty

Seattle4RonPaul
12-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Bump.
Orenbus, I agree 100% !!! Thank you for all you are doing !
All close enough to NH to be able to get there by car, should do so and help canvassing neigborhoods, putting up signs etc...
I would do that, but I'm about 3000 miles away, in Washington state. I'm trying to work in my neck of woods though, and just became a Precinct Commitee Officer, and a delegate to County Convention (we are a 50% Primary/50% Caucus state).

I hope all RP supporters realize that we need to work even harder to get him elected. Sitting at computer and watching Money Bombs is fun, but we need to do MORE that that. We need to get out there and talk to people, even if it's uncomfortable at first.

Seattle4RonPaul
12-03-2007, 02:30 AM
I suggest to post this tread in a Grassroots section, where most of the people are lurking reading about... you know...Money Bombs.

DanK
12-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Even though I still think he's at significant numbers in NH (I would personally guess 20-30%), we don't need to bury our heads in the sand. I would come to help if it wasn't for the little detail that I'm a senior in high school. That can put a damper on this kind of thing...

CelestialRender
12-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I don't see the problem with the meetup numbers...there's over 1000 members. That's awesome numbers.

RonPaulFTFW
12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
I live in north carolina so I can't really make the time to go.......but I think any of you that can, should.

Being online and getting fired up means nothing. Making posts, videos, and donating is great but in the end......if we can't get out the vote we're wasting our time.

Nothing is more important.

DRV45N05
12-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I was up in October to help out the campaign. Not sure where abouts you were in the state, but I saw more RP signs than Romney or Huckabee signs by a long shot.

However, your point is taken: they do need help up there, and they need it now.

allyinoh
12-03-2007, 09:41 AM
I would LOVE to come to NH! My only problem is I need a job to pay bills... but if I could figure something out, I would definitely go up to NH and help out.