PDA

View Full Version : SC - Local cops have "security-gasm" at high school football game.

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Police impose checkpoints, deploy drones at high school football game

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/summerville-high-school-security/

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/summerville-1-1024x576.jpg

SUMMERVILLE, SC — Fans were startled by the heavy presence of police officers, drone surveillance, and warrantless checkpoints upon entry at the local high school football game.

The prison-like security at Summerville High School was called “the reality of the world we live in today.” As students and fans filed into the homecoming football game on Friday, October 24th, 2014, they were forced to place their belongings in a bin for police examination, then walk through a metal detector. Stadium-goers were restricted from bringing certain items into the stands.

“It is very scary to come here tonight,” said Summerville resident said Ann Almers to WCIV. “It’s such a change, I’ve been coming to the stadium for so many years. Now we have armed guards. I couldn’t carry my purse, I forgot my phone. I’m a little out of sorts.”

Fans also were quick to notice the conspicuous presence of police officers mixed among the crowd and perched on the rooftops, surveillance drones whirring overhead, and even SWAT team members ready for action.

The security bonanza was imposed because school district officials had allegedly been tipped off that rival gangs might fight at the game, WCIV reported. No incidents of violence were reported.

The event might have been the site of the most elaborate and intrusive level of security employed at any high school sports event to date. With a precedent set, more schools are sure to follow suit with drone surveillance and police checkpoints.

Kotin
10-27-2014, 10:32 AM
were screwed right?

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 10:40 AM
were screwed right?

Ayup, pretty much.

At least, until people stop showing up.

But the foosball is too important for that, so, yep, we're fucked.

oyarde
10-27-2014, 10:40 AM
I am thinking drones and security checkpoints would seriously cut down on ticket sales around here. The money made off of football pays for everything else .

sparebulb
10-27-2014, 10:45 AM
With the total security commitment to the football game, there was probably a little more than average freedom for a short time everywhere else.

Even if I had a son playing in the game, there is zero chance that I would have subjected myself to the gauntlet for the privilege to attend. When I was in high school, I was very in tune with things that my father did on matters of principle. There is no way that he would have tolerated this, or drug testing, or cops in school.

JK/SEA
10-27-2014, 10:49 AM
time to stop going through detectors, and not carrying your purse in, etc. and tell these bastards where to go...yeah, most likely you'll get tazed and arrested, but it might be fun taking a stand, and if you're a well respected person, it will get the attention of media and ATTORNEY'S....

i'm awaiting my time in the breach.....and trust me, you all could very well be reading and hearing about my CIVIL DIS-OBEDIENCE sometime sooner than later....

i'm 63....re-tired....emphasis on fucking 'tired' btw...

oyarde
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
I quit going long ago ,I do not even like the idea of being on a school property. I would never go through that and pay a few bucks to see a high school game. Ridiculous .

SeanTX
10-27-2014, 11:01 AM
The security bonanza was imposed because school district officials had allegedly been tipped off that rival gangs might fight at the game, WCIV reported."

The "tip" probably came from a cop -- lots of sweet overtime pay to be made from things like this. Of course, they will probably "have" to have this level of security for the rest of the season, maybe just scaled back a bit (more $$$ for the tax ticks).

tod evans
10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Are the children safe? :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 11:10 AM
The "tip" probably came from a cop -- lots of sweet overtime pay to be made from things like this. Of course, they will probably "have" to have this level of security for the rest of the season, maybe just scaled back a bit (more $$$ for the tax ticks).

Even more important than the money?

Yet another venue in which to hut hut about, bark orders, and boss people around.

heavenlyboy34
10-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Are the children safe? :rolleyes:

I feel safer from here, I tell ya.

TheTexan
10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Did anybody get hurt?

Exactly.

invisible
10-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Those stands should have been completely empty. The people there tolerated this crap, so now it will continue and become the norm.

HOLLYWOOD
10-27-2014, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOvm_RMlkok

puppetmaster
10-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Summerville.....not a high crime area