PDA

View Full Version : Local paper has hissy fit at people funding the Frein "lookalike" new car fund.

Anti Federalist
10-25-2014, 04:45 PM
The 900 lb. gorilla in the room, and only obliquely mentioned by the writer, is the reason for donating.

People are donating to Tully for the same reason they donated to Roger Pion, because there is a small, but vocal minority, of people out here that have had just about enough of the haughty hutt hutting and barking of orders and physical abuse of our Lords and Overseers.

And this is as good a way as any to poke a finger in the eye of that whole establishment and mindset.

So, guess what Mr Falsone?

While I was not going to contribute anything to this particular cause, your petty, petulant screed make me limber up my wallet.

$25: Donated.

Fuck you and the cop who tackled Tully and said he was going to "break" him.

Eric Frein lookalike James Tully needs a car but others on gofundme need much more - Opinion

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nick-falsone/index.ssf/2014/10/jame_tully_eric_frein_lookalik.html

By Nick Falsone | The Express-Times

on October 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM, updated October 23, 2014

When all the money's counted, James Tully probably won't just be able to buy a car, he'll be able to pay cash for a new Mercedes-Benz and hire a chauffer to take him to work everyday.

And if that's the kind of contribution people want to make with their hard-earned money, so be it. Keep pumping the dollars into the gofundme.com crowdsourcing page created to get Tully a car if that's what makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

But I'd suggest you don't deviate from Tully's page to look to others in the Lehigh Valley crowdsourcing for causes. You might just discover that walking five miles to work everyday isn't such a bad deal.

A little background here: Tully has been stopped on his walk to work more than 20 times in the past month or so by law enforcement mistaking him for Eric Frein, the alleged cop killer who's been on the lam in the Poconos since mid-September. He apparently looks like Frein, although I'm not seeing too much of a resemblance. He walks because he doesn't have a car.

Enter gofundme.com, the crowdsourcing website that allows individuals to solicit money for various causes. Someone took up Tully's cause and is raising money to get him a car so he doesn't have to endure the five-mile walk that's been accented by frequent encounters with police, some of which he's said have gotten physical.

Tully's gofundme.com page went up on Tuesday after the Pocono Record broke the story on his plight.

As of Thursday afternoon, the site reports the "Help James get to work safe" campaign had raised more than $7,000. That's close to the amount of money raised in the same time period for on the gofundme.com page called "Kiera's Recovery Fund."
kiera pheifferView full sizeKiera Pheiffer is recovering from injuries she suffered in a wreck earlier this month. Courtesy Photo

Kiera is Kiera Pheiffer of Bethlehem Township, Pennsylvania. Coincidentally, she too was trying to get to work safe on the morning of Oct. 4. The 17-year-old Freedom High School senior pulled out of Derby Lane onto Farmersville Road and was struck by another vehicle. She suffered grave injuries. How much she's recovered remains unclear; her family has for the most part kept her condition private through the ordeal.

But friends, teachers and her coach -- Kiera played varsity soccer for Freedom, among participating in many other extra-curricular activities -- have come together in an effort to raise money to offset medical bills and other expenses, which I'm sure are far more substantial than the cost of the finest luxury car on the market.

In full disclosure, I'm a Freedom graduate so this hits a little close to home, but regardless of my background, it would be difficult for me to justify giving money to some guy who needs a car after visiting the "Kiera's Recovery Fund" page.

For those who think otherwise, go ahead and do the trendy thing. Give your money to "Help James get to work safe" and feel good about it, but before you hit the send button, please visit some of the other gofundme.com pages. You can search them by zip code.

Maybe there's another cause out there that's you'll find more worthwhile. If "Kiera's Recovery Fund" isn't the right cause, perhaps you should check out this one:

Victims of #PSPBloomingGrove support fund

It raises money for the family of Pennsylvania State Police Cpl. Byron K. Dickson, who Frein is accused of killing.

I'm sure everyone in his family would gladly walk five miles to work every day for the rest of their lives in exchange for having him back.

euphemia
10-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Just goes to show you the leap of logic the media will make to denigrate legitimately needy people. How is the support for Tully taking anything away from the family of the slain officer?

Anti Federalist
10-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Just goes to show you the leap of logic the media will make to denigrate legitimately needy people. How is the support for Tully taking anything away from the family of the slain officer?

I'm assuming that anything short of prostrating oneself in grief over the death of an Anointed, is somehow disrespectful.

Occam's Banana
10-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Tully has been stopped on his walk to work more than 20 times in the past month or so by law enforcement mistaking him for Eric Frein, the alleged cop killer who's been on the lam in the Poconos since mid-September. He apparently looks like Frein, although I'm not seeing too much of a resemblance.

So go tell it to the cops who persisted in harassing Tully - instead of sanctimoniously lecturing the people who feel sympathy for Tully for his having been harassed ...

euphemia
10-25-2014, 05:56 PM
I don't have anything against the officer's family. I'm very sorry for their loss. I have something against a so-called journalist that speaks for the family with no authority to do so.

mosquitobite
10-25-2014, 06:46 PM
luckily the journalist isn't getting friendly comments...

oyarde
10-25-2014, 06:54 PM
I think this misguided Nick Falsone is editor of the express times. I have never read it , but after reading that , I would not . Guy comes off as a douchebag .

phill4paul
10-25-2014, 09:23 PM
I'll not give one dime towards buying a car. Winter's coming and I'm hoarding my nuts. But, if Mr. Tully would care to start a go fund me to buy himself a firearm then I would throw in five bucks.

Danke
10-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Donated, hope it is legit.

thoughtomator
10-25-2014, 11:26 PM
If someone wants to fund prosecution of the illegal harassment of Mr. Tully, I'd pitch in for that.

Won't be holding my breath...

SeanTX
10-26-2014, 09:18 AM
It looks like the feedback to his commentary didn't go the way he expected it to:

Nick Falsone | The Express-Times 3 hours ago

Sorry I didn't check back on these comments until now. People seemed to stop reading the post Thursday night so I didn't think it was necessary. A few of you provided an excellent critique here, which I very much appreciate. I wanted to credit those who pointed out my use of language, particularly "warm and fuzzy" and "trendy," when referring to donors to this cause.

They made me think about something I should've thought about before publishing. These are people giving their money to help someone. Belittling them with that kind of language wasn't a good decision on my part. I thought that was worth acknowledging. Thank you to everyone for reading.

A Son of Liberty
10-26-2014, 10:54 AM
What an asshole.