PDA

View Full Version : Romney to give 'the speech' and I'm invited

mathamagician
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Story here:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1207/Romney_to_give_The_Speech_Thursday_at_Bush_Library .html

Should I go? I'm not really into the whole trying to sneak a RP sign in and getting thrown out kindof thing but I might want to put a RP sign outside or something.

Here's text from my invite:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY TO DELIVER ADDRESS TITLED

"FAITH IN AMERICA"

AT THE GEORGE BUSH PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY CENTER

On Thursday, December 6, Governor Mitt Romney will travel to College Station, Texas, to deliver an address titled "Faith in America" at the George Bush Presidential Library Center. Governor Romney will be introduced by former President George H.W. Bush. This is a by invitation only event. Your copy of the invitation is attached. You must RSVP and present printed copy of the attached invitation for admittance.

Should you be unable to open the attachment, please contact the Bush Foundation at <deleted> for further information.

Thursday, December 6, 2007:
8:30 a.m. Doors open to guests for seating
9:15 a.m. Guests should be in their seats for the address
9:30 a.m. Governor Romney Delivers Speech at George Bush Presidential Library Center
The George Bush Presidential Library Center
1000 George Bush Drive West
College Station, Texas
*All Times Are Central Standard Time

JosephTheLibertarian
12-03-2007, 12:14 AM
hand slim jims as people walk out

kushaze
12-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing. It would be cool if they kicked you out and you did the whole Jerry Maguire/Half Baked moment about how your going to leave without doing what everyone thinks your going to do, your not going to flip out. I can picture it now. But if you do it make sure you got a camcorder with you so eveyone on the internet can see how it went.

Luther
12-03-2007, 12:20 AM
You know the Romney campaign is in trouble when he has to resort to this.

Luther
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Memo to Mitt: instead of trying to explain away your Moronism, first you should explain why you support secret prisons, torture, warrantless wipetapping, and war.

fortilite
12-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Just politely hand slim jims to people.

split_lipz
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
If you go, make sure you're wearing your Ron Paul T-shirt ;)

noztnac
12-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Wear an I love Romney shirt, one of those hats that holds two beercans, and yell out ,"Give 'em hell Rominator. Convert those ragheads to Mormonism. We don't care if you stuffed the ballot. Yer one of the good ones!"

noztnac
12-03-2007, 12:32 AM

Wear a sweater over it and wait until you get inside. After the speech see if you can meet Romney and then take the sweater off revealing your Ron Paul shirt.

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 12:35 AM
I bet you could recruit a "posse".

I used to live in Bryan. If I still did, I would be standing next to you.
Hit up the TAMU crowd...maybe there is already an established group you could get to organize something.

Will all those college kids in town...you could have a HUGE showing outside Bush Library

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 12:37 AM
WOW...there does not appear to be a meetup group in
Bryan or College Station

Interested in starting one?
www.meetup.com

mathamagician
12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Memo to Mitt: instead of trying to explain away your Moronism, first you should explain why you support secret prisons, torture, warrantless wipetapping, and war.

If only the American people cared more about these issues than mormanism.....

mathamagician
12-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Bryan or College Station

www.meetup.com

Ha, I live in Austin!

Joby
12-03-2007, 01:07 AM

Not until your in the building ;)

JWallace
12-03-2007, 06:16 AM

+1

ZenX
12-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Bryan or College Station

www.meetup.com

There's a pretty active RP group here in CS. I work at the uni, just haven't hat the gall to meet the good folks yet.

Pharoah
12-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Wear an I love Romney shirt, one of those hats that holds two beercans, and yell out ,"Give 'em hell Rominator. Convert those ragheads to Mormonism. We don't care if you stuffed the ballot. Yer one of the good ones!"

ROFL! :D

Adamsa
12-03-2007, 08:40 AM
You know the Romney campaign is in trouble when he has to resort to this.

Of course, it's only because Huckabee upstaged him at the debate and now he thinks he might lose Iowa.

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 08:41 AM
qft