PDA

View Full Version : Paul ally Jesse Benton made more than $500K working for Mitch McConnell

jjdoyle
10-24-2014, 11:18 PM
When Jesse Benton signed up (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2012/09/13/mitch-mcconnell-hires-ron-paul-aide/) to manage the reelection campaign of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), it was seen as a win-win. Good for McConnell, who needed help broadening his appeal in the tea party. Good for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who needed a boost in the establishment.
Turns out it was good for Benton, too. At least, financially speaking.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/10/24/paul-ally-jesse-benton-made-more-than-500k-working-for-mitch-mcconnell/

JK/SEA
10-25-2014, 08:33 AM
well, we all are always saying ...''follow the money''...

i have no love for Benton.....

damn near made it to State Delegate for Ron, but got ass fucked by Benton and his ''strategists''

Matt Collins
10-25-2014, 08:17 PM
This article is an obvious hit piece.

1 - so what; really what does it matter how much someone made?
2 - consultants can be worth their weight in gold if they are able to achieve victory
3 - there is no telling how much of that money were expenses. If JRB is a consulting firm, then they likely have overhead meaning not everything was profit.

Matt Collins
10-25-2014, 08:17 PM
And here again is JJDoyle just trying to drive a wedge around here. Why is he still around?

Carlybee
10-25-2014, 08:51 PM
And here again is JJDoyle just trying to drive a wedge around here. Why is he still around?

If you kicked everyone out who isn't a fan of Benton there would be crickets left.

Matt Collins
10-25-2014, 08:56 PM
If you kicked everyone out who isn't a fan of Benton there would be crickets left.People are entitled to their opinions, but almost every post JJDoyle makes is anti-Rand or somehow creating division or attempting to undermine the effort.

Carlybee
10-25-2014, 09:05 PM
People are entitled to their opinions, but almost every post JJDoyle makes is anti-Rand or somehow creating division or attempting to undermine the effort.

Most of them I've seen are anti-Benton. This isn't the Rand forum..it's general politics. What effort are you speaking of? Rand as far as I know has not announced officially. This board still says Ron Paul forums on it. Granted I think jj has said about all that can be said about supporters getting screwed over but you seriously cannot think anyone on here is going to defend or embrace Benton. And I pray it doesn't come out that he is going to be involved in Rands campaign.

phill4paul
10-25-2014, 09:08 PM

Throwing rocks are ya? SMDH. Shall I pull up some of your divisive posts?

amy31416
10-25-2014, 09:54 PM

Probably the same reason you are--the mods are quite tolerant.

Danke
10-25-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm sure he was worth it.

jjdoyle
10-25-2014, 11:44 PM
If you kicked everyone out who isn't a fan of Benton there would be crickets left.

Basically 90%+ of the forums based on vote totals, when you take out the sock puppet accounts that voted:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?447940-Do-you-want-Jesse-Benton-involved-in-any-capacity-in-Rand-Paul-2016&highlight=jesse+benton

And it matters that Jesse Benton made over $500,000, because he should be using his own money to defend himself for the dishonesty done under Ron Paul 2012 with the Kent Sorenson issue. Instead, Ron Paul 2012 just spent over $200,000 last quarter on the apparent Jesse Benton and Dimitri Kesari legal defense fund.

thoughtomator
10-26-2014, 12:14 AM
so what; really what does it matter how much someone made?

Given how obvious it is that Benton is a completely worthless piece of shit, it looks like a payoff or a bribe.

jjdoyle
10-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Given how obvious it is that Benton is a completely worthless piece of shit, it looks like a payoff or a bribe.

Exactly. Why would Jesse Benton be given a job with Mitch McConnell, making this kind of money, when Jesse Benton was part of one of the worst presidential campaigns of all time?
And no, there was not a deal with Mitt Romney's campaign...couldn't have happened. Wouldn't have happened. Ron Paul 2012 was 100% serious about winning in February, March, April, and May 2012. It's why they needed all those funds from the moneybombs during those months.