PDA

View Full Version : Cut salaries in Half

skiingff
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
$500 per week is reasonable.

They will be getting FREE food, FREE room & board, FREE airfare, FREE clothes, FREE gas & travel expenses.

So we'd be PAYING THEM TO LIVE.

Now, why do they need $52,000 per year on top of that?

Greed.

This is not the true spirit of Ron Paul.

Cut the salaries in half.

cero
12-02-2007, 11:46 PM
this is fucking incredible, 1000$ a week please....

eric_cartman
12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
i agree.

and we can cut out some of those jobs. we don't need to pay a video crew. there will be ron paul supporters in every town that will be filming. what are we going to do with all these hours of video of the blimp anyways?

Primbs
12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
i agree.

and we can cut out some of those jobs. we don't need to pay a video crew. there will be ron paul supporters in every town that will be filming. what are we going to do with all these hours of video of the blimp anyways?

We will be getting on the thousands of TV stations around the country and be making youtube videos.

RP4Pres2008
12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
We will be getting on the thousands of TV stations around the country and be making youtube videos.

for 2k a week?

skiingff
12-02-2007, 11:51 PM

I know you weren't addressing me, but I'm not debating the necessity of the jobs. I'm saying this isn't Enron and the employees will do good with $26,000/year + all living expenses covered.

Hell, the military starts you off at $18,000/year with living expenses.

They need to save face and cut their salaries in half.

fletcher
12-02-2007, 11:51 PM

TV stations have their own cameras and there will be plenty of supporter video to go around for youtube videos.

Doriath
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I know you weren't addressing me, but I'm not debating the necessity of the jobs. I'm saying this isn't Enron and the employees will do good with $26,000/year + all living expenses covered.

Where did you see they are getting all living expenses covered? :confused:

Abobo
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
i agree.

As a photography enthusiast I have to say that 99% of all YouTube videos are total crap. It all comes off as amateurish.

Sometimes you need to pay someone to get the job done right. Just because someone CAN do a job doesn't mean they SHOULD.

rrroae
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
We're up to $41,275 in donations now. Before we argue ourselves to death is there any chance of getting a compromise? Let's remember they are only going to be paid for 1 month unless we want to keep going with this.

And let's not forget they are responding to our concerns so let's try to argue this in a productive fashion if we can

Federalist
12-02-2007, 11:55 PM
If you read the personal budget food, travel expenses, etc. are not being paid for. That is what this $1000 is meant to cover.

I just found out about this blimp and I think its an amazing idea. I don't understand what all the complaints are over this money. You want these people to quit their jobs, run this project, and get nothing? I'm sure that the people who quit their jobs and are moving to New Hampshire are getting some sort of stipend from the campaign so they can live and eat.

When you think about it if you're driving after this blimp, staying in hotels every night, eating food on the go, paying personal expenses back home, $1000 a week isn't going to get you very far. The point of this campaign was not to bankrupt anyone, and if these guys weren't getting money that's what we would be asking them to do; bankrupt themselves.

Federalist

chestertime
12-02-2007, 11:57 PM
scam. you guys argue over this stuff because you know deep down: SCAM. quit calling me troll and dismissing the reality that you feel in your gut. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

trevor has never done anything miraculous. viral marketing made nov5 a success. trevor made a website. and not a very impressive one at that. feed burner for the mailing list? what? he can't handle a little php or asp? cmon. he's a hack and he knows it and he's trying to cash in.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

you all know it. wake the f**k up, listen to your gut instinct.

skiingff
12-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Where did you see they are getting all living expenses covered? :confused:

Food for staff [...]

Airfare to fly [...] individuals who are key to making this work, as well as back home for holidays or family emergency's.

Room and Board for those of us who will travel with the blimp [...]

"Ron Paul Airforce Official crew" fleece jackets for the Blimp crew x 35 jackets
* $30 each x $35 = Approx. $1,050

So they get free food, free airline tickets. Free room & board. Free travel. Even get "Official crew" clothing. The point is, they'll have so much discretion with this money that they'll be able to fund their entire living expenses (food, water, shelter, clothing).

Then on top of that, 52k per year.

Source: http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

Seems reasonable to cut the salaries in half.

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 12:02 AM
If you read the personal budget food, travel expenses, etc. are not being paid for. That is what this $1000 is meant to cover.

I just found out about this blimp and I think its an amazing idea. I don't understand what all the complaints are over this money. You want these people to quit their jobs, run this project, and get nothing? I'm sure that the people who quit their jobs and are moving to New Hampshire are getting some sort of stipend from the campaign so they can live and eat.

When you think about it if you're driving after this blimp, staying in hotels every night, eating food on the go, paying personal expenses back home, $1000 a week isn't going to get you very far. The point of this campaign was not to bankrupt anyone, and if these guys weren't getting money that's what we would be asking them to do; bankrupt themselves.

Federalist

I think the issue for people is that we did not tell Elijah and Trevor to do this. We did not tell them that we wanted them to quit their jobs and join the blimp full time. They chose to do it without any input and now want salaries.

chestertime
12-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Food for staff [...]

Airfare to fly [...] individuals who are key to making this work, as well as back home for holidays or family emergency's.

"Ron Paul Airforce Official crew" fleece jackets for the Blimp crew x 35 jackets

So they get free food, free airline tickets. Free room & board. Free travel. Even get "Official crew" clothing. The point is, they'll have so much discretion with this money that they'll be able to fund their entire living expenses (food, water, shelter, clothing).

when a blimp never flies. and when this forum erupts in anger over being swindle. i am going to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggg gghhhhh.

small government. individual responsibility. self sufficiency. this is what we believe in. when you all get cleaned out, i hope you're principled enough not to bitch and moan to the big government for help. morons.

fletcher
12-03-2007, 12:04 AM

No one asked them to quit their jobs or run the project. They did that on their own. There were plenty of people that would have done that for free. And think again about the people that moved to NH getting money from the campaign. They aren't getting anything. That is a true Ron Paul supporter and I am happy to give them money. This thing is a moneymaking scam and doesn't represent the Ron Paul grassroots at all. It is an embarrassment.

skiingff
12-03-2007, 12:04 AM
when a blimp never flies. and when this forum erupts in anger over being swindle. i am going to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggg gghhhhh.

small government. individual responsibility. self sufficiency. this is what we believe in. when you all get cleaned out, i hope you're principled enough not to bitch and moan to the big government for help. morons.

No one's saying the blimp shouldn't fly, or they shouldn't get paid. I think it's a great idea.

Read the title.

I'm saying they need to cut their corporate salaries.

Federalist
12-03-2007, 12:06 AM
What seems like a scam are a bunch of posters who just registered up 2 weeks ago and have 90% of their posts about the blimp calling it a scam.

Trevor doesn't seem like a scam artist if he was:

1) Why would he hire counsel that has a history of fighting for legitamite campaign financing and 1st amendment rights, instead of lawyers that defended Enron?

2) Why would he be spending so much time ironing out all the kinks in the project? If he wanted to scam he should have just taken the $350,000 that everyone seems to have been willing to donate to.

3) Why would he have dedicated so much time to the Ron Paul campaign already? He didn't have to setup the website; he could have directed all those donaters to his own website and stolen their money that way? Yet he didn't, instead he seems to be giving his heart and sole to the Ron Paul Campaign. I wish that I had the fortitude to give this much to what may be the last chance for our country.

And if this turns out to be a scam I'll eat my words but at this point you look like the scam, chestertime

Federalist

synthetic
12-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Cutting their paychecks won't help. Its clear to anyone paying attention the goal is two fold.

First is to fly the blimp.

Second is to make a living off the grassroots support. While cutting their so-called pay looks good at first, the reality is they can make it up elsewhere. They can charge their meals and housing to the company, their travel, anything and everything.

The real beauty here is the company is entirely funded by donations. That means there is no risk, oversight or concern about spending. They can only gain.

skiingff
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Cutting their paychecks won't help [...] They can charge their meals and housing to the company, their travel, anything and everything.

They're already planning on doing this.

Doriath
Food for staff [...]

Source: http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

Food for staff, great...how about their families? How do they pay their rent and mortgages? A fleece jacket is nice but last time I checked if that's all you have, your rear end will be mighty cold...and if someone sees your front end you'll probably get arrested!

Seriously, the jackets? Marketing expenses. The food and hotel? If you're on the road for the company I work for (and most I've worked for) yeah, they will reimburse you eventually, but you pay up front and submit your expenses later. So it doesn't increase what you make, just covers what you spend.

$52k a year isn't a lot of money -- like I posted elsewhere the median annual household income in the US last year was a bit more than $48k. No one is getting rich here.

OptionsTrader
I think the issue for people is that we did not tell Elijah and Trevor to do this. We did not tell them that we wanted them to quit their jobs and join the blimp full time. They chose to do it without any input and now want salaries.

+1

fletcher
12-03-2007, 12:12 AM
What seems like a scam are a bunch of posters who just registered up 2 weeks ago and have 90% of their posts about the blimp calling it a scam.

What seems like a scam to me is the bunch of posters who signed up in Nov/Dec just to support this blimp. There seem to be an awful lot of them. Are you one of the new employees that just got a nice $50,000 a year job to hold a video camera?

Voice
12-03-2007, 12:13 AM
+1

:mad:This is the only non-productive post I'm going to make. Do the people working in NH get salaries? How about the grannies? How about the hours and hours of work by volunteers? Expenses, fine, but demanding a salary is wrong, wrong, wrong.:mad:

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:15 AM
:mad:This is the only non-productive post I'm going to make. Do the people working in NH get salaries? How about the grannies? How about the hours and hours of work by volunteers? Expenses, fine, but demanding a salary is wrong, wrong, wrong.:mad:

They aren't demanding anything. If you don't like the project don't donate. If you think it can be done entirely for free no one is stopping you. Go start you're own project.

chestertime
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Hi Federalist. You signed up here in Nov, just like me. My posts are not 90% against the blimp. Many of them are critical of the blimp - because it was a dumb idea before it was a scam - but maybe 90% could be categorized as critical of some of the decisions the grassroots have made.

As for your points 1 and 3 are trivial. Enron? First amendment rights attorney? Cmon. Why didnt he direct donations to his own account? Unlikely it would've worked initially. But then what is he doing now? Collecting donations in his own account! And why would he spend so much time? Because the $400k in pledges were just pledges, not dollar transfers. It'd be worth my time too if I could snag even 10% of those pledges in a couple weeks. 40k in a month? Not bad work if you can get it.

You all want to believe so bad. Do a little fucking research. If they're a 'company' then they'll be registered with their secretary of state. The blimp website lists NC as their mailing address.

http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/thepage.aspx

Perform the search yourself. They don't exist! SCAM SCAM SCAM.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 12:18 AM
This whole idea that we should fund people's livelihood goes against everything Ron Paul stands for.

This is sickening. I can't believe people are actually falling for this crap. These guys will be making more than most average working Joes.

Anyone who supports this and claims to agree with Ron Paul's economic views is a liar.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:21 AM
This whole idea that we should fund people's livelihood goes against everything Ron Paul stands for.

This is sickening. I can't believe people are actually falling for this crap.

Let's see... Free enterprise and voluntary exchange. Yup. Ron Paul would hate that.

chestertime
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Let's see... Free enterprise and voluntary exchange. Yup. Ron Paul would hate that.

RP is not in favor of FRAUD

Federalist
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
No I'm not getting anything from this blimp, but it seems like a great idea to me. And to be quite honest I wasn't going to post anything but I just don't get it why people are so distrustful of what's going on. It seems quite reasonable to me that Trevor and whoever else should be given a stipend in order to make sure that they survive financially intake after doing this for the campaign.

Furthermore, I don't understand why they haven't earned some good will from people for what they did in the past. My god have they been setting up this thing since before November the 5th. Get in good with all the Ron Paul guys and then scam 'em with a fake blimp?

The one objection that makes sense is that they quite their jobs and now want money without ever asking anyone if that would be ok. And if people don't feel comfortable donating to that type of event then I understand. But to call these people scam artists after they have done a lot of good for the Ron Paul campaign seems to be really over the top.

Federalist

vodalian
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Welfare is also voluntary exchange.

There is a difference between taking donations in the name of a political figure and using it to fund a lavish lifestyle, and exchanging money for goods.

Dustancostine
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Great Point about the Grannies.

Come to think of it. I bet they would fly around for free without pay and talk to the media about RP. They certainly have experience.

We should recruit the Grannies to run the blimp project.

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Elijah,

How about instead of a refund you make it clear that if the blimp does not fly, the money will be contributed to ________ (Operation Live Free or Die, Granny Warriors, etc).

I think this would make people as comfortable as a refund promise would. And you could avoid the problems with promising a refund.

WIN-WIN

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Welfare is also voluntary exchange.

There is a difference between taking donations in the name of a political figure and using it to fund a lavish lifestyle, and exchanging money for goods.

Welfare voluntary? What? Last I checked welfare was funded by tax dollars extracted by force. Voluntarily paying taxes when threatened with prison is hardly voluntary.

Oh, yes such a lavish life style. Where do you live? In SoCal 1,000 a week is hardly high. Heck, I don't think $4,000 a month will even get you middle class standard of living around here.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Welfare voluntary? What? Last I checked welfare was funded by tax dollars extracted by force. Voluntarily paying taxes when threatened with prison is hardly voluntary.

Oh, yes such a lavish life style. Where do you live? In SoCal 1,000 a week is hardly high. Heck, I don't think $4,000 a month will even get you middle class standard of living around here.

Walk to the nearest construction site and ask them how much they get paid per week. I think you would be in for a rude awakening about the world around you.

You people are going to destroy this campaign if you continue to promote throwing money into the wind.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Walk to the nearest construction site and ask them how much they get paid per week. I think you would be in for a rude awakening about the world around you.

You people are going to destroy this campaign if you continue to promote throwing money into the wind.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:T7Q35bK8JVwJ:www.pac.org/files/2004%2520PAC%2520Admin%2520Compensation%2520Survey .ppt+PAC+salaries&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

that link is for those fo you that think high and mighty of PACs

alexpasch
12-03-2007, 12:33 AM
The salaries are very reasonable.

If other people want to do shit for Ron Paul for free, then that's fine; but no one's FORCING you to donate.

I think it's fair that these guys get some type of compensation for their time and effort.

austin356
12-03-2007, 12:34 AM
$1000 per week?

I fucking live on than that PER MONTH and drive a lexus.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 12:35 AM
$1000 per week?

I fucking live on less than that PER MONTH and drive a lexus.

You live in Alabama :) no pun intended

Federalist
12-03-2007, 12:35 AM
When you consider they have to pay for food, lodging, gas for cars, etc. along the way.

If this were a scam why would they even tell us about the salaries? Why wouldn't they just take all the money and run?

Federalist

skiingff
12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
When you consider they have to pay for food, lodging, gas for cars, etc. along the way.

They don't have to pay for that.

We'll be paying for that.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:40 AM

I would but I don't speak Spanish. :rolleyes:

The median income where I live is $64,971 a year.
Or $5,414.25 a month
Or $1,249 a week.

Jagwarr
12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Hotels and rooms and food and booze and airline tickets are also provided by the blimp.

So the $1k per week is clear of all costs. It's like a paid blimp vacation with food and lodging included.

$52K per year is higher then every state's per capita income for 2005 and is double that of a few state's

Jagwarr
12-03-2007, 12:45 AM
I would but I don't speak Spanish. :rolleyes:

The median income where I live is $64,971 a year.
Or $5,414.25 a month
Or $1,249 a week.

But that is household income, which means a family and not the average of an individual's income.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 12:46 AM
But that is household income, not the average of an individual's income.

The salaries are low compared to PAC averages in 2004. People forget PACs and non profits are still a business.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Hotels and rooms and food and booze and airline tickets are also provided by the blimp.

So the $1k per week is clear of all costs. It's like a paid blimp vacation with food and lodging included.

Yeah, silly them renting a hotel room and still wanting to not lose their house. They should have sold their home for the blimp. Or at least gotten their bank to stop charging them. Shame on them. :confused:

vodalian
12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
I really hope the campaign steps up and makes a statement about people trying to make a living off of Ron Paul's name. If this crap becomes the norm, it's going to have drastic consequences on the campaign. The campaign can't afford this crap, they need every dime they can get.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah, silly them renting a hotel room and still wanting to not lose their house. They should have sold their home for the blimp. Or at least gotten their bank to stop charging them. Shame on them. :confused:

Or.. You know... Not rent a blimp... You guys are living in a fantasy world if you actually think that this kind of spending will help the campaign. It's ridiculous.

steph3n
12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I really hope the campaign steps up and makes a statement about people trying to make a living off of Ron Paul's name. If this crap becomes the norm, it's going to have drastic consequences on the campaign. The campaign can't afford this crap, they need every dime they can get.

How do you think people felt when the first PAC was made and they paid a huge salary to the directors? did they moan as much as the people here? I doubt it, bunch of whiners here.
This is in similar placement a novel new marketing company that is breaking the same ground the first 527 PACs did.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:50 AM

A lot of the people donating have already hit our donation limit! I CAN'T donate anything else to Ron Paul.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 12:53 AM
A lot of the people donating have already hit our donation limit! I CAN'T donate anything else to Ron Paul.

So for that reason alone, you are just going to throw your money into the wind? Want my address? I'm sure my wife would appreciate a nicer Christmas this year.

You don't need to officially donate to help the campaign, there are many things you can pay for, such as having signs made, or fliers, or websites.. The possibilities are endless.

angrydragon
12-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I thought we were just renting a blimp?

Jagwarr
12-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Most pac's don't use classic bait and switch tactics on thier own grassroots community.

These guys did not even have the decency to inform the community of the changes before opening up the cash register.

AND they are not a pac, so stop comparing them to one!

Abobo
12-03-2007, 12:59 AM
You don't need to officially donate to help the campaign, there are many things you can pay for, such as having signs made, or fliers, or websites.. The possibilities are endless.

Yes possibilities are endless. I narrowed it down and I chose the the one that interested me the most. I chose to support a blimp.

stefans
12-03-2007, 01:01 AM
I think you need to clarify if those or salaries or costs.
$2000$/week for videos...well although I wouldn't pay that much for it(if this is a success there will be loads of volunteer videographers), it might be reasonable if it includes accomodation, a car for following the blimp and stuff.

(reasonable still doesn't mean I agree on the whole concept of paying a quite high 5-figure to paid "grassroots volunteers")

steph3n
12-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Most pac's don't use classic bait and switch tactics on thier own grassroots community.

These guys did not even have the decency to inform the community of the changes before opening up the cash register.

AND they are not a pac, so stop comparing them to one!

everyone thinks a PAc would be better, and it isn't legally better OR making people work for free like people here seem to think.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Yes possibilities are endless. I narrowed it down and I chose the the one that interested me the most. I chose to support a blimp.

So you weighed your options... On one hand, you could have supported the Ron Paul campaign, on the other hand, you can pay for some stranger to rent a blimp and take a vacation.... Well, I'm glad you're happy with your choice...

Drknows
12-03-2007, 01:03 AM
How about one or two people get paid to follow the blimp around?

A lawyer and one of the dudes to contact meetups and the media. i dont think you need 10+ people involved all getting 1,000 a week.

tmg19103
12-03-2007, 01:03 AM
No offense, but why do Trevor and all these other people (how many lawyers?) need to be doing all this?

You rent the blimp, plaster it with Ron Paul, and have the pilot and co-pilot fly to key locations and have the MeetUps at those locations plan rallies, contact the media, gain exposure, etc. - for free.

It appears to me that some egos have gotten out of control and that greed and avarice have set in. Sounds like Trevor has plans to make this blimp thing permanent for other political campaigns/events and to gain personal exposure to build a career while also using the tens of thousands of email addresses he has from Nov. 5 and Dec. 16 for his own personal gain while we get spammed.

Some may find nothing wrong with that, but one MU Organizer in my town got the boot because his ego got in the way and he lost sight of (or never had due to personal agendas) this being about restoring the Republic and helping the campaign in the best possible way.

This blimp is more bloated than the Dept. of Homeland Security. I see a lot of money being wasted or skimmed that could go to the campaign/grassroots.

Not knocking the blimp - just the bloated balloon it has become.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 01:07 AM
So you weighed your options... On one hand, you could have supported the Ron Paul campaign, on the other hand, you can pay for some stranger to rent a blimp and take a vacation.... Well, I'm glad you're happy with your choice...

I am supporting the campaign, I'm helping getting a blimp in the air. How exactly do you think you're helping?

fletcher
12-03-2007, 01:12 AM
No offense, but why do Trevor and all these other people (how many lawyers?) need to be doing all this?

You rent the blimp, plaster it with Ron Paul, and have the pilot and co-pilot fly to key locations and have the MeetUps at those locations plan rallies, contact the media, gain exposure, etc. - for free.

It appears to me that some egos have gotten out of control and that greed and avarice have set in. Sounds like Trevor has plans to make this blimp thing permanent for other political campaigns/events and to gain personal exposure to build a career while also using the tens of thousands of email addresses he has from Nov. 5 and Dec. 16 for his own personal gain while we get spammed.

Some may find nothing wrong with that, but one MU Organizer in my town got the boot because his ego got in the way and he lost sight of (or never had due to personal agendas) this being about restoring the Republic and helping the campaign in the best possible way.

This blimp is more bloated than the Dept. of Homeland Security. I see a lot of money being wasted or skimmed that could go to the campaign/grassroots.

Not knocking the blimp - just the bloated balloon it has become.

Yep. This is about greed and Trevor's ego/new career. It's a shame he had to destroy a grassroots project for it.

vodalian
12-03-2007, 01:13 AM
I am supporting the campaign, I'm helping getting a blimp in the air. How exactly do you think you're helping?

Oh I don't know..Spending my money on things which may actually lead to more voters? Using my time to talk to people and pass around information? That is something called 'activism', a job that used to be volunteer/free..

slantedview
12-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Yep. This is about greed and Trevor's ego/new career. It's a shame he had to destroy a grassroots project for it.
destroy it? HE CREATED IT. check yourself man.

austin356
12-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone who was saving money for the blimp and would like to find somewhere else to spend the money the please check the website in my signature........ there is a donation link on the left side.

Abobo
12-03-2007, 01:19 AM
Oh I don't know..Spending my money on things which may actually lead to more voters? Using my time to talk to people and pass around information? That is something called 'activism', a job that used to be volunteer/free..

What I meant was how do you expect to do help the campaign by attacking this new project constantly?

People get paid. You don't like it. Don't donate. What do you think all this endless arguing and bickering is going to accomplish? How will it help anything?

Jagwarr
12-03-2007, 01:24 AM

That is basicly my problem with it too. This idea first came up last May or so. They had SIX months to look into this. Instead they waited around until the community grew and then offered the idea to everyone. Then these guys vanished taking the idea with them, without even a single post for days only to pop up with an entirely new plan and telling everyone that it has to be completed right away. Like I said above, this is a CLASSIC bait n Switch tactic, right out of the book.

To make matters worse some who are more qualified have offered thier serivces for FREE but have been told no thanks because that would have meant Trevor and his sidekick would miss out on the vacation and the "look at me" circus.

So now Dr. Paul is going to have a guy who just moved to NH from Florida, most likely unemployed, and who has stated that he never even bothered to vote in his life as his spokesperson.

And instead of the blimp being presented as a grassroots project to the media it's going to be seen as what it is, a project someone started to make money on the good doctors name.

fletcher
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
destroy it? HE CREATED IT. check yourself man.

Are you saying you can't destroy what you create? I don't see your point.

Pete Kay
12-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Hey I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind sending me some money for all the time I spend promoting Ron Paul. I have a sign in my yard and a bumper sticker on my car and I even goto South Carolina on the weekend and pass out slim jims. This time isnt free. Trevor has done a great thing for the grassroots here. We should all get paid. To think that all this time we had been doing this for free! What fools we were, caring about liberty and the future of this nation. Making a profit is what this is all about. Thanks for showing me the way, Trevor!

Abobo
12-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind sending me some money for all the time I spend promoting Ron Paul. I have a sign in my yard and a bumper sticker on my car and I even goto South Carolina on the weekend and pass out slim jims. This time isnt free. Trevor has done a great thing for the grassroots here. We should all get paid. To think that all this time we had been doing this for free! What fools we were, caring about liberty and the future of this nation. Making a profit is what this is all about. Thanks for showing me the way, Trevor!

Maybe we will if you create a great project, quit your job, and work full time supporting the project.

We aren't talking about some hobby job on the weekend. This blimp will become their life! And it's strange, people need money in order to live.

Pete Kay
12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Maybe we will if you create a great project, quit your job, and work full time supporting the project.

We aren't talking about some hobby job on the weekend. This blimp will become their life! And it's strange, people need money in order to live.

I will quit my job for $1000 a week to be the "professional" guy with the camcorder. I will even provide my own camcorder. Sign me up!

cero
12-03-2007, 09:14 AM
they should have told everyone from the get go that they were planning on leaving their jobs and were thinking about getting payed to work for the blimp.

BlueGecko
12-03-2007, 09:52 AM
There was no requests to ask for QUALIFIED VOLUNTEERS. Are you trying to say theres no one who would go work with the blimp? Not saying volunteer as in two hours a day from home. There are people who would take leave off work/ sabbatical and help with this. I am not saying 3 people run this from their computers or 30. Just a way to lower expenses if ASK if any qualified people would mind coming out and help make this happen.

Example before paying a webmaster 1k a week post the requirements/ job description and see if any QUALIFIED people would like to do it for no/ low cost. Maybe a owner of web development company would do it for the free advertising. 4000 a month saved

Example hollywood is slow right now due to writers strike, maybe there are professional QUALIFIED people who would like to be the cameramen and don't need 1k a week to do it. If you can get a few series/ documentary crew whose production have stopped/ canceled to come out for 2 months that's 1k*2k*4k = 8,000 dollars a month saved.

Ron Paul Airforce Official crew" fleece jackets for the Blimp crew x 35 jackets
$30 each x $35 = Approx. $1,050
Good Price for a jacket but if your getting 1k a week maybe you could deduct it from your paycheck.

# Press Kits - We want to make a memorable impact on the press and give them something to remember their blimp ride, therefore we will be giving them a press kit consisting of.
# Mylar Blimp Balloon, "Ron Paul Airforce" hat, "Ron Paul Airforce" T-shirt
Why not sell these online to everyone and use a small markup to pay for free ones for press

# Dedicated Web server 150 month
People have posted offering servers at their company/ farm before for tea paprty.

#Airfare to fly lawyers in and out and other individuals who are key to making this work, as well as back home for holidays or family emergency's.
Ask for friend coupons from the forums people who work at airlines get very discounted standby tickets for friends (some companies only do families but many have ones you can offer to non family members as long as you dont sell)

It's not the amount of employees it the fact their not asking for grassroots (aka free/ survival expenses) help. If the company is unable to find said positions then yes hire people but FIRST see if you can recruit qualified volunteers.

Nothing personal about this guy but I need an example from the website

Joe Amidon
Retired Attorney
Assistant Manager of Company

Joe is an attorney who practiced for 25 years in Wisconsin before
retiring to Asheville, NC. He managed the legal division of holding
company operating a dozen subsidiary businesses in the real estate
investment, construction, demolition and waste disposal fields,
supervising in house counsel and outside litigation. He also conducted
federal and state environmental, and other business related litigation
as trial counsel. Since coming to Asheville, he has done some legal
consulting work and built spec homes as a contractor.

Joe joined the company because sponsorship political advertising on blimps
and other ideas the company is floating sounded like to much fun to miss
out on.

What is he doing for the company?, he is retired does he require 4k a month for what he does? Was there NO similarly qualified person who would do this for free/ expenses or a small stipend????? Did you bother to ask ?

Probably get flamed for this but cmon 4k and we have past FEC chairman, and a First Amendment Attorney on retainer, a full time paralegal and now a retired lawyer.

Sure hes a great guy and maybe we need him and he is worth way more than 4k hes going to be paid a month but could we know why

To tired to continue but you get the idea...I hope !
http://ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

The reason I post is I WANT the blimp to fly and think your present model without communication loses too much support to launch your planned time frame. But it can be fixed!!

LibertyEagle
12-03-2007, 09:57 AM
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:T7Q35bK8JVwJ:www.pac.org/files/2004%2520PAC%2520Admin%2520Compensation%2520Survey .ppt+PAC+salaries&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

that link is for those fo you that think high and mighty of PACs

Stephen,

There is nothing there that indicates that the person heading the PAC is forced to take a salary for what they do. For example, Lord Xar and Skiingff have PACs. I would be shocked if they have taken one thin dime from the donations to stuff in their own pockets and I seriously doubt that they have.

This blimp project started off as a 1 month deal. If we want to get back to that, it sounds like we need at least one person who can donate a month towards this effort without compensation. Clearly, they would need to get their expenses associated with the blimp, reimbursed. But, that would be all. Is anyone able to do that?

tekkierich
12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah... When I commited to it, this was:

"Hey we are going to fly a blimp around high viability places for a month, it is big, there are professional piolts and graphics, it will cost $350,000"

I did not commit to contribute to start a for profit company that will fly a blimp around for a long as the money comes in. Lets get back to basics.

Wyle
12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
agreed... U don't really need all the bells and whistles... just pay for the blimp to fly around... who cares about the rest... except maybe a lawyer for big events with fly over airspace :)

remember ron paul is for limited government :) not big bloated ones with air force ron jackets heh

Spirit of '76
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
The salaries are very reasonable.

This is my very first post on this stupid blimp project, but I just have to say that paying these guys $1,000 a week plus free lodging, transportation, and food is absolutely ridiculous.

Hell, I'll take a vacation from my job for month and fly around on a blimp. I can write press releases, make phone calls, blog, take pictures, act as a general factotum, and I'm a great public speaker. Give me room, board, and transportation plus $20 per diem for toothpaste, deodorant, razorblades, and an occasional beer, and I'm there.

Just say the word.

robinlynn
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
agreed. plus cut the staff in half.

why do they need two videographers when ron paul himself has one?

this blimp is bloated, especially in comparison to the official campaign.

szczebrzeszyn
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Hell, I'll take a vacation for month and fly around on a blimp. I can write press releases, make phone calls, blog, take pictures, and I'm a great public speaker. Give me room, board, and transportation plus $20 per diem for toothpaste, deodorant, razorblades, and an occasional beer, and I'm there.
But you do realize, that it would be 16-20h/day hard working, don't you ? ;)

Spirit of '76
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
But you do realize, that it would be 16-20h/day hard working, don't you ? ;)

Yes, which is why I wouldn't need much spending money. No time to spend it, you see. :)

hillertexas
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
why do they need two videographers when ron paul himself has one?

this blimp is bloated, especially in comparison to the official campaign.

Great point

Ozwest
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Jesus! Every one is a martyr.
Poor little cherobs.

Keep whining endlessley.

What a hard life!

LibertyEagle
12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
How do you think people felt when the first PAC was made and they paid a huge salary to the directors? did they moan as much as the people here? I doubt it, bunch of whiners here.
This is in similar placement a novel new marketing company that is breaking the same ground the first 527 PACs did.

Which PACs setup to further the Ron Paul campaign have paid salaries to the directors? I am not aware of any.

LibertyEagle
12-03-2007, 12:07 PM
This is my very first post on this stupid blimp project, but I just have to say that paying these guys $1,000 a week plus free lodging, transportation, and food is absolutely ridiculous.

Hell, I'll take a vacation from my job for month and fly around on a blimp. I can write press releases, make phone calls, blog, take pictures, act as a general factotum, and I'm a great public speaker. Give me room, board, and transportation plus $20 per diem for toothpaste, deodorant, razorblades, and an occasional beer, and I'm there.

Just say the word.

Sounds like a plan. :)

crazyfacedjenkins
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Man I love reading people say that 50k salary is a lot. HAHAH. I live in New Jersey and I got to say that is fucking chump change. Even the total blimp cost they are asking for ~350k+ is nothing. Compare that to how much Bloomberg paid to buy the NYC election.

Elijah
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
$500 per week is reasonable.

They will be getting FREE food, FREE room & board, FREE airfare, FREE clothes, FREE gas & travel expenses.

So we'd be PAYING THEM TO LIVE.

Now, why do they need $52,000 per year on top of that?

Greed.

This is not the true spirit of Ron Paul.

Cut the salaries in half.

DONE!! For myself, Trevor and Jerry. Will see what I can do about webmaster and videographers. http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46456

Spirit of '76
12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
DONE!! For myself, Trevor and Jerry. Will see what I can do about webmaster and videographers. http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46456

I'll be your webmaster for $20 a day plus transportation, food, and lodging if I get to accompany the blimp. :)

NerveShocker
12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Time to band together to get this blimp airborne folks. They have listened to our requests and have been very forth telling. Lets return the favor and get this Blimp in the air.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

Elijah
12-03-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll be your webmaster for $20 a day plus transportation, food, and lodging if I get to accompany the blimp. :)

Please send you resume and qualifications and programming language, experience etc to inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com

We can always use more help!

szczebrzeszyn
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I think their current one is pitching the blimp on these forums. I wonder what he thinks seeing your offer ;)

eric_cartman
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM

WOW! thank you very much Elijah. that's very honourable and i believe this will make the project more successful.

now... I also think you only need 1 videographer. this job should be open to volunteers. There would be plenty of qualified people who would happily do the job with room/board paid. People can only watch so many hours of a blimp flying around. I think volunteers could do a good job and that would cut another $2000 per week.

webmaster... .now that's another job i know that someone could easily do. again, i think a volunteer could do the webmaster job also... save another $1000 per week.

also... bryce henderson and joe amidon. i would say slash that budget in half. either fire one or pay them both $500 a week. Joel, Katherine and other volunteers can take over that extra work.

I think if all that's done too, then we're on our way to a real grassroots effort. Every place the blimp goes, there'll be volunteers willing to help. I'm sure people might take a few days off to help out at their own expense if the blimp flies through their area.

the blimp is a great idea! i love it! please get the blimp to boston in time for the tea party :) that would be amazing.

what some people don't like is the high salaries for people, in what should be a grassroots effort. it's best to have as many volunteers so that people's donation money is going directly to fund the blimp.

also.. a few suggestions: let's first work on the goal of getting the blimp in the air, and flying for 1 month.

put a meter up on the site like on the ronpaul2008.com site... where you have a meter that says like "get the blimp to boston for the tea party" or whatever... and have the meter say 200K by Dec. 5th, 400K by Dec. 10th. ... then after the tea party, we'll see how successful it was, and we'll do our best to keep funding the project to keep it up in the air. but i think if you put the meters on the site, you'll get there in time.

also, the refund policy. i know you've said that you would refund all the money, minus any expenses if the blimp doesn't get off the ground. My suggestion would be that many more people would donate if there was a good return policy. so ya, a refund policy in the event that the blimp doesn't get up in the air. people will donate if they feel safe and secure that their money is going to the right place, and that they get their money back if they don't get what they paid for.

good luck.

p.s. what's the situation with getting ron paul to boston for the tea party? can ron paul come and speak at the tea party rally?

Spirit of '76
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Please send you resume and qualifications and programming language, experience etc to inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com

We can always use more help!

Will do. :)

firebirdnation
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Perhaps you should change the URL from RonPaulBlimp.com to your company URL so people who thought their donations were going to a Ron Paul PAC will not be misled? It would be a good way to cover yourself against such claims.

rory096
12-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Perhaps you should change the URL from RonPaulBlimp.com to your company URL so people who thought their donations were going to a Ron Paul PAC will not be misled? It would be a good way to cover yourself against such claims.
Uh, what? This is still a project for a Ron Paul blimp, no matter how it's structured.