PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Senate: McConnell (R) 52%, Grimes (D) 44%

RonPaulFanInGA
10-17-2014, 04:27 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2014/kentucky/election_2014_kentucky_senate

Seventy-six percent (76%) of Kentucky voters say they have already made up their minds how they are going to vote, and McConnell leads 55% to 45% among these voters. Among the 24% who still could change their minds, the candidates are tied at 41% apiece, with 17% opting for a third-party candidate or undecided.

Among the 84% of Kentucky voters who say they will definitely vote in this contest, McConnell leads 53% to 44%.

Grimes has the support of 73% of Kentucky Democrats and 16% of the state’s Republicans. McConnell earns 83% backing from his fellow Republicans and 24% of the vote from Democrats. He also has a 21-point lead among voters not affiliated with either of the major parties.

Not surprising; the DSCC recently retreated (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?461392-DSCC-Surrenders-Senate-Race-to-McConnell-Pulls-Its-Ads-in-KY) from this race.

Adios, Grimes.

CPUd
10-17-2014, 04:43 PM
It was never a real contest. Maybe they were trying to get her some name recognition in case Rand leaves the Senate.

Vanguard101
10-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Audit the fed will go through?

Brett85
10-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Grimes is just a joke. She wouldn't even say that she voted for President Obama when asked two or three different times.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Audit the fed will go through?

Reid won't be able to block it by himself if he is no longer the Senate's majority leader.

jkob
10-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Grimes never had a real chance

Matt Collins
10-18-2014, 11:35 AM
I don't trust Rasmusseun polling

TheTyke
10-18-2014, 06:34 PM
McConnell can do more damage turning Republican senate votes against Rand than one Democrat ever could, and poisoning all the legislation even when he becomes president. Remember how the House leadership kept trying to destroy Audit the Fed with amendments?

Grimes is just one vote against us, who will convince absolutely no one else to join her.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-18-2014, 06:49 PM

They predicted Rand Paul's 2010 win exactly right: Their final Kentucky poll showed Paul ahead by twelve points over Conway, and that was the margin by which Paul won. According to Nate Silver, it was the only state Rasmussen polled well that year.

Rasmussen also nailed McConnell's victory in 2008.

McConnell can do more damage turning Republican senate votes against Rand than one Democrat ever could, and poisoning all the legislation even when he becomes president. Remember how the House leadership kept trying to destroy Audit the Fed with amendments?

Grimes is just one vote against us, who will convince absolutely no one else to join her.

This implies someone decent would replace McConnell as the GOP's Senate leader, when in reality it'd just be John Cornyn, and you'd see no real improvement.

Grimes is worse. She is young, and can potentially stay in the Senate for decades, whereas this will probably be septuagenarian McConnell's final term.

Brett85
10-18-2014, 06:50 PM

They have Obama's approval rating higher than any other polling organization.

Matt Collins
10-18-2014, 06:55 PM
This implies someone decent would replace McConnell as the GOP's Senate leader, when in reality it'd just be John Cornyn, and you'd see no real improvement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKzPPqHKhYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i92zmYCd81s

Brian4Liberty
10-18-2014, 07:00 PM
I am throwing my full support behind McConnell in this race. In exchange, I expect McConnell to pay more attention to the desires of the actual people of the United States, and not the cronies at the US Chamber of Commerce, the Wall St. Banksters and the Military-Industrial Complex.

TheTyke
10-18-2014, 07:37 PM
I am throwing my full support behind McConnell in this race. In exchange, I expect McConnell to pay more attention to the desires of the actual people of the United States, and not the cronies at the US Chamber of Commerce, the Wall St. Banksters and the Military-Industrial Complex.

lol! He won't. The only leverage normal folks have over politicians is just BEFORE an election. The primary got him to change his vote on a few issues. That leverage is about to end.

Grimes is worse. She is young, and can potentially stay in the Senate for decades, whereas this will probably be septuagenarian McConnell's final term.

Well, I do think it's a fair enough point that his replacement might not be better. Still, removing any establishment backstabbers from the Republican conference is useful - particularly a snake that's that dangerous -it'd open up an interesting senate leadership contest. But the other points I disagree with. 1) How many senators actually retire, despite hinting at it? McCain? Cochran? Byrd? And even if he did, Mitch will try to get his choice elected governor so if he retires, he can appoint the replacement - probably Trey Grayson, who moved back to KY after his stint in the Democrat PAC. 2) Grimes would be easy pickings for Massie or actually any decent Republican. It's only because of his terrible voting record and abysmal approval rating that Mitch has been struggling in a state McCain won by 16% and Rand by 12% with a fraction of the resources.

This year is/was our chance to break his influence. The closer the margin (for either one,) the bigger the message it sends.

But there are really no good options, so I won't go on debating it. Just makes me cringe to see liberty people getting sucked into general election fever: "at least he's better than a Democrat" about someone who embodies everything that is wrong with politics. He spent decades destroying our liberty, and literally ran his campaign on payoffs from passing the bailouts. And if voters reward that with re-election, all politicians realize the devil himself could get your vote just because of the letter by his name... and will continue to vote accordingly.

anaconda
10-18-2014, 08:51 PM

I almost thought you were being serious for a second. Ya got me.

samforpaul
10-18-2014, 08:55 PM
some of Mitch's votes:

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/top-ten-bad-votes-senator-mitch-mcconnell

And this doesn't include his vote to confirm Ruth Bader Ginsburg or his support for Thad Cochran.

I want to see the R's wrest control of the Senate, but I certainly don't want him as "leader".

nobody's_hero
10-19-2014, 08:01 AM
How's Gil Fulbright doing in this race?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dk1na0_eKY

Aratus
10-21-2014, 05:05 PM
am talking about new blood and a reset via old time Kentucky politics, if y'all in KY are limited to voting for
only Trey Grayson, Jack Conway or Ms Alison Grimes when the next senate seat opens up, how do you vote?
anyway, my thought today is that if Scott Brown returns to the senate after a win over Sen. Jeanne Shaheen
we might just might shock the nation again! it is a tight race due north of me, and i'm being hit by all those
American Crossroads commercials. The Geico Spellingbee ad was ripped off... S-H-A-H-E-E-N is not spelled
O-B-A-M-A in real life but i do think Shemdogg is gettin' a good chuckle over how Romney!care's main man is
so close to trouncing Ms. Obama!Care personified as the state sits back an' anticipates Senator Rand's 2016 run!

Aratus
10-21-2014, 05:10 PM
i'd love to ask Jesse Benton if he thinks Mitch McConnell is that much closer
to being the Majority Leader of the senate if Scott Brown lucks in again!!!
unless there is some October surprise that nobody expects, all Alison Grimes
got from this is a hefty swath of experience points concerning her future.
our POTUS is so darn close to seeing the senate flip on him, I think Mitch
McConnell knows this, his being Majority Leader is one of his goals in life!!!

Anti Federalist
10-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Separated at birth:

Mitch McConnell
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/wpid-mitch-mcconnell.jpg

Booji Boy
http://www.rocknrollsnob.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/booji.jpg

Anti Federalist
10-21-2014, 06:12 PM
///

Aratus
10-21-2014, 06:21 PM
AntiFederalist, you do indeed know one of our more active threads here is the Walking Dead one?
I am pleased that JUSTIN AMASH is in the middle of an intense debate tonight and that our own
SHEMDOGG does look like he has his N.H district getting behind his rolling bandwagon!!! Let alone
the fact that THOMAS MASSIE is that much closer to a win!!! This election seems tame somehow.
Lets face it. We all miss Ron Paul but we do have good young candidates fighting the good fight!!!

Anti Federalist
10-21-2014, 06:29 PM
AntiFederalist, you do indeed know one of our more active threads here is the Walking Dead one?
I am pleased that JUSTIN AMASH is in the middle of an intense debate tonight and that our own
SHEMDOGG does look like he has his N.H district getting behind his rolling bandwagon!!! Let alone
the fact that THOMAS MASSIE is that much closer to a win!!! This election seems tame somehow.
Lets face it. We all miss Ron Paul but we do have good young candidates fighting the good fight!!!

I'm very pleased to see Shem doing so well.

Wish he was representing my town.

Aratus
10-21-2014, 06:40 PM
This senate election is weird, it would be almost immoral and highly illegal for me to vote for Scott Brown even if i wanted to,
and that very conventionally conservative GOP super-PAC has been fatcat flooding New Hampshire with ads and money. they
want to punish Jeanne Shaheen sooooooooo bad for things. I sorta feel SHEMDOGG and about 100 other GOP contenders are
about to give Scott Brown a boost via their coattails, rather than vica versa. Voters sometimes do not trust interlopers who are
"carpetbaggers" who traipse over borders glibly. Scott Brown does know how to glad hand. this lil N.H senate race is like a big
grand staged wrestling match. I hope the TV ad campaigns don't sour the voters on actually voting because all the local districts
have able people. SHEMDOGG much earlier confided to us that he is going for a seat in a district that likes to vote REPUBLICAN!!!