PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul, Chris Christie Laid Out Plans for Black Voters at Penthouse Forum

jct74
10-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Rand Paul, Chris Christie Laid Out Plans for Black Voters at Penthouse Forum

David Freedlander

At a Fifth Avenue event with America’s richest Republicans, the 2016 front-runners both told donors why they’re the man who can win minority voters.

Earlier this month, nearly a hundred of the wealthiest Republicans in the country gathered at the home of Woody Johnson, the owner of the New York Jets and an heir to the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical family, for a GOP fundraiser. The crowd was nearly all white, and older, and male (“There was one Native American guy there, I think,” said one attendee) and sat at two long tables in overlooking Fifth Avenue in Manhattan in the $75 million duplex’s drawing room.

A number of top would-be contenders to the GOP presidential nomination, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, and even Mitt Romney, were there to make their pitch to the assembled masters of the universe. So were two of the early polling leaders of the long presidential contest—Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

And what both Paul and Christie spoke about, according to sources in the room, was how popular they were among those who are as far away from Fifth Avenue drawing rooms as you can get: poor, black, and Hispanic voters who, when they vote at all, almost reflexively vote Democratic.

Telling some of the wealthiest Americans to give you money because of how well-loved you are by some of the nation’s poorest people struck some of those in attendance for its incongruity; but equally interesting was how Christie and Paul seemed to be boxing one another out over who is best able to carry the Republican banner into America’s inner cities.

read more:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/17/rand-paul-chris-christie-laid-out-plans-for-black-voters-at-penthouse-forum.html

jmdrake
10-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Okay. My mind's in the gutter.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDUw/$(KGrHqFHJFIE88e5RSipBPTM9S7bCg~~60_35.JPG

On a serious note, here's how to kill Christie among black voters. Christie's gay extremism. Most black voters who like Christie like him mainly because he seems pro Obama. But when I told one that Christie supported a bill barring "gay conversion" therapy for minors, that was enough to kill the support she had for Christie. She was willing to go along with Obama on gays in the military and gay marriage, but the idea of the government stepping in and preventing someone from getting the help they felt they needed to overcome a lifestyle they didn't want was enough to permanently sour her on Christie.

Inkblots
10-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought it could happen to me...

phill4paul
10-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought it could happen to me...

Cha-ching...lol.