PDA

View Full Version : How about a Michigan letter writing campaign?

literatim
12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
There is an Iowa one and a New Hampshire one, but some have forgotten Michigan. Michigan is an early primary State and a bunch of Democrats and Independents need to know that there is no primary for the Democrats and that Ron Paul is the best choice.

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
:) :) :) :)

I like it, and hereby appoint you - in association with the Michigan meetups, to head this up!

Seriously, you thought it - you gotta do it. No use in hoping others do it....

literatim
12-03-2007, 12:37 AM
:) :) :) :)

I like it, and hereby appoint you - in association with the Michigan meetups, to head this up!

Seriously, you thought it - you gotta do it. No use in hoping others do it....

This take money to buy the list of people to contact. I, for one, do not have money.

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 12:41 AM
right. BUT the first step is finding out the following:

1. When is this primary and WHO can vote in it?
2. What voter rolls do you need?
3. How much to get these voter rolls?

Find this out and then lets talk and figure a game plan.

MONEY should NEVER EVER be a deterent. In most cases, money is the last thing to worry about - or don't let money slow you up.. it is usually the footwork towars the goal that dissuades most.

Perhaps the meetups in michigan or on this angle, perhaps not -- maybe they could be of assistance.

kotetu
12-03-2007, 12:44 AM
get in touch with the Michigan Meetup groups, find out if they have this in the works already!

dante
12-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Get in touch with the Michigan campaign for an address list. I see that the official SC campaign is organizing the letter writing efforts there and will give you a list of people to write if you email them. I'm sure at the least you could volunteer to coordinate this for the MI campaign as long as they supply the list which i'm sure they already have

Taco John
12-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Honestly, I don't know if this is an effective use of resources. With the Democrats screwing their voters over, and Michigan being an open primary, I have a hard time seeing how we wont DOMINATE this one. Maybe I'm overestimating the idea of democrats getting out to vote for Ron Paul in this primary...

Personally, I think that a few well placed newspaper ads with the following message would be a lot better use of resources:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22965

dante
12-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Honestly, I don't know if this is an effective use of resources. With the Democrats screwing their voters over, and Michigan being an open primary, I have a hard time seeing how we wont DOMINATE this one. Maybe I'm overestimating the idea of democrats getting out to vote for Ron Paul in this primary...

Personally, I think that a few well placed newspaper ads with the following message would be a lot better use of resources:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22965

I respectfully disagree and here's why. We have 70,000+ volunteers around the country... many of whom aren't in states with early primaries... it is vital that we do well in the early states to build momentum. Personal handwritten letters are one tool that will help us accomplish this. Its also a very unique method that should get some one's attention much more so than an official campaign mailer.
Secondly writing the letters doesn't prevent us from also running newspaper ads. Again we have 70,000+ volunteers who are dying to make sure we do well in the early states. We can run many different projects at once.
The more times and via the more methods they hear about Dr. Paul the more likely they are to vote for him

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
I agree. we need to hit this state... hard... placing in the top 1 or 2 in the first couple of states is important.. sets the tone...

daniroyer
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I'd love to be in on this. The Miami meetup group has a campaign going. My husband and I are currently working on 10 letters each to send to Iowa. Handwritten.

Meh, 20 more next week would be nothing for a great president!

literatim
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Bump.

pcosmar
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
10,000,000 people
X .35 Stamp
_______
3,500.000 Dollars

There has to be a more cost effective approach.

weagle
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Maybe our campaigning should STRONGLY target democrats. Get them out to vote. This would be a different strategy than any other state. Maybe even be bold about it and direct.

Since you can't vote for the dem that you want, why not vote RP who wants us out of Iraq....

weagle
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
How about "Piss off republicans and vote for RP"

JohnCrabtree
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I know at least a few in phoenix are working on this. I personally received a 2 page letter from a man named Troy in Phoenix urging me to support Ron Paul. It was very well written and included a slim jim. I don't know how many he sent out, but I got one here in benton harbor, which is a largely democratic area of the state.

I am very confident that we will do well, if not win at least in michigans 6th congressional district. I have passed out several thousand slim jims, others have as well, and we have had letters published in EVERY local paper. Around St. Joseph and Benton harbor there are about 2 dozen signs for Ron Paul and absolutly NONE for anyone else!

RobS
12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I just sent an email to Amy (Michigans paid campaigner) asking if she had addresses, or if she would soon.

Keep looking to this thread, I will keep you updated as I receive more information. I agree that this is very important!