PDA

View Full Version : LA schools: Ebola patients will need to keep up with homework

cajuncocoa
10-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Wipe that blood out of your eyes, son, you still have 6 algebra problems to finish before you die!

BATON ROUGE, LA (WVUE) -Students who are hospitalized with a virus, like Ebola, will still be required to keep up with their school work, according to new public-school rules released by Louisiana's education board.

The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education released the changes to its handbook for school administrators on Wednesday (Oct. 15).

The document states: "A student who has been quarantined by order of state or local health officers following prolonged exposure to or direct contact with a person diagnosed with a contagious, deadly disease, and is temporarily unable to attend school, shall be provided any missed assignments, homework, or other instructional services in core academic subjects in the home, hospital environment, or temporary shelter to which he has been assigned."

The student's school system will coordinate with health officials and emergency responders to ensure the delivery of the materials to the student.
More:http://www.fox8live.com/story/26804378/la-schools-ebola-patients-will-need-to-keep-up-with-homework

phill4paul
10-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Take my nasty plaque infested homework sheet for grading. Please. Achooo! Here, let me wipe that off for you.

donnay
10-16-2014, 11:59 AM
This is totally insane. SMDH

JK/SEA
10-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Common Core is a bitch ain't it?....

torchbearer
10-16-2014, 12:21 PM
local fire department in pineville is locked down in quarantine for possible ebola.
i arrived to service the location 30 minutes after they got word to lock down.
I guess i'm lucky I didn't make them my first stop this morning.

jllundqu
10-16-2014, 12:23 PM
"Johnny, why is your essay covered with blood?"

Philhelm
10-16-2014, 12:25 PM
L-O-Fucking-L! I'm sure everyone will give a damn about homework while bleeding out of the eyes, mouth, and anus.

phill4paul
10-16-2014, 12:31 PM
"Johnny, why is your essay covered with blood?"

Looks like it is a threat against the teacher. Send in SWAT!

Anti Federalist
10-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Typical idiot government...can't make the call to keep a symptomatic ebola patient off a commercial plane, but you're gonna finish your homework dammit.

Philhelm
10-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Typical idiot government...can't make the call to keep a symptomatic ebola patient off a commercial plane, but you're gonna finish your homework dammit.

And eat your brussel sprouts.

acptulsa
10-16-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm sure as they lie dying, the fact that they eschewed spending their final days with their loved ones so they could obey the state's order to help their school avoid the federal government persecuting their friends for being forced to go to a crappy school will be a great balm on their troubled minds.

Even if they don't live long enough to take the standardized test, so it's all for naught anyway.

I think they should form a Statewide Ebola Victim Study Hall. They can give these great humanitarians down in Baton Rouge a chance to bask in the publicity, too--all they have to do is hold their study hall in the gallery of the Legislature.

Now that would be a public service!