PDA

View Full Version : Man opens fire on police stations, patrol cars

tod evans
10-16-2014, 04:09 AM
Ummmm,
Who, in their right mind, wastes good ammo on inanimate objects?

Man opens fire on police stations, patrol cars in Washington state

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/16/man-opens-fire-on-police-stations-patrol-cars-in-washington-state/

Police in Washington state say a man opened fire on police stations and police cars in three separate towns Wednesday evening before being shot and arrested.

The Snohomish County Sheriff's office said the first in the series of attacks took place at approximately 9:30 p.m. local time, when an unmanned patrol car was shot at from a white pickup truck in the town of Great Falls.

A few minutes later, police in Lake Stevens reported that their headquarters were being fired upon. KCPQ-TV reported that police cars were targeted in Lake Stevens as well.

A short time after that, police located the truck and chased the suspect into the town of Marysville, where he shot at another patrol car before he was wounded and taken into custody. KCPQ reported early Thursday that the suspect, who has not been identified, was in grave condition.

A law enforcement official told the station that a Marysville police officer suffered injuries as a result of the shooting, but they were not life-threatening. It was not immediately clear whether the officer was hit by a gunshot or by debris from the shot.

Lake Stevens Police Commander Dennis Taylor said the man was apparently armed with a "high-capacity" rifle. Taylor added that "many"shots were fired and said that the police vehicles were hit "many times."

Mackenzie Harris, 17, of Marysville, told KOMO-TV that she saw police pull over the truck before the driver pulled out a gun and started shooting.

"We heard gunshots, so we ran inside," Harris said. "While we were running up to my room, we heard, like, two dozen more shots being fired. We walked back down stairs and heard cops screaming and a bunch of yelling."

Anti Federalist
10-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Shots fired at police in 3 Snohomish County towns

Posted by John de Leon

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/10/shots-fired-at-police-in-3-snohomish-county-towns/

The Associated Press

MARYSVILLE — An officer who was injured helping arrest a man suspected of shooting up police stations and patrol cars in three towns in Snohomish County is recovering.

The Marysville sergeant was treated at a hospital and released, the sheriff’s office said.

The suspect was hospitalized early Thursday with non-life-threatening injuries, the sheriff’s office said.

There’s no other information on the suspect or what may have prompted a half-hour shooting spree Wednesday night at law enforcement in Granite Falls, Lake Stevens and Marysville.

Initially, an unoccupied patrol car was shot at the Granite Falls Police Department around 9:30 p.m., said sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton.

A few minutes later, shots were reported at the Lake Stevens Police Department. No one was hurt in those two shootings.

Then there were reports of additional gunfire involving a law enforcement vehicle in the Marysville area where officers had been looking for a white pickup truck.

Mackenzie Harris, 17, of Marysville, told KOMO-TV that she was outside with a friend when she saw officers pull over a pickup. The truck driver then pulled out a gun and started shooting.

“We heard gunshots, so we ran inside,” she said. “While we were running up to my room, we heard, like, two dozen more shots being fired. We walked back down stairs and heard cops screaming and a bunch of yelling.”

The suspect was arrested around 10 p.m. Investigators found several guns in and near the truck driven by the suspect.

presence
10-16-2014, 08:34 AM
A Marysville woman is willing to go to jail over her garbage can.
"I'm never going to use it," Vonna Posey said. "I don't want it. I don't need it."
Posey either recycles or composts. She canceled garbage pickup 20 years ago at her house on Soper Hill Road. Any little bit of garbage she generates, she's given to friends.
But early this year, Posey says, her property was annexed from unincorporated Everett to the city of Marysville.
That's when the unwanted 36 gallon visitor arrived. She calculates it would take her 3 years to fill it.
Posey told the city they could take back the can, but no one did. So, she ignored the garage ornament until the bills showed up.
"This is stealing," she said. "That's how I look at it."

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2014/10/04/woman-refuses-pay-marysville-garbage-bill-calls-stealing/16707503/

MARYSVILLE — The city now has more tools to reduce chronic criminal and nuisance behavior.Two ordinances passed by the City Council on Monday enable officials to crack down on nuisance properties and on aggressive solicitation and panhandling.One ordinance prohibits solicitation of pedestrians or motorists on public property after sunset and before sunrise.It also prohibits solicitation and sale or distribution of any product or service on on-ramps or off-ramps to I-5 or state highways; within 300 feet of seven busy intersections along Highway 528 and State Avenue; plus the intersection of 172nd Street NE and 27th Avenue NE in Smokey Point.“We really have noticed hat there’s a public safety issue with panhandling,” said Mayor Jon Nehring.Previous ordinances dealt with confrontational situations on public sidewalks, but people also have been approaching cars in traffic.“The previous ordinance mainly covered aggressive soliciting — it didn’t really cover darting in and out of traffic,” Nehring said.The second ordinance allows police to designate properties a nuisance when there is a history of repetitive criminal activity. Marysville has not had a criminal nuisance ordinance until now.Owners of nuisance properties can be held accountable for activity taking place there. First, the city sends a warning letter stating what is required to clean up the property, which could include eviction of people living at or using the address.

Owners may be required to submit a compliance plan, and failure to comply with a plan can result in fines up to $1,000. In extreme cases, the city can do the evicting and can seal the property for up to a year

“Our goal is to work cooperatively with owners,”

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20141016/NEWS01/141019237

Snohomish City Council members voted to ban recreational marijuana businesses in the city, they joined a growing rebellion against the state’s newest industry. Elected leaders of at least 41 cities, including six in Snohomish County, and three counties have enacted prohibitions against wholesale and retail cannabis operations. The list includes Kent and Yakima as well as Pierce, Clark and Yakima counties.
Another 80 cities or so, including Lynnwood, have moratoriums in place to bar wannabe entrepreneurs from setting up shop in the foreseeable future, based on news accounts and a tally kept by the Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington.
That means roughly 40 percent of Washington’s 281 cities are saying "no" or "not yet" to the cannabis industry that was created by voters two years ago with passage of Initiative 502.

http://www.bainbridgereview.com/opinion/279412282.html

Creeping normality refers to the way a major change can be accepted as the normal situation if it happens slowly, in unnoticed increments, when it would be regarded as objectionable if it took place in a single step or short period. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeping_normality

JK/SEA
10-16-2014, 09:53 AM
as an aside, all this shit going down here is in MY neck of the woods.

The shooter is 43 and i'm 63....the hiway he drove on is 500 feet from my house.

i'm guessing the shooter is a disgruntled citizen, angry at the Police for some strange reason....or...

a pissed off ex-cop....

or, an agent provocateur hired by the anti-gun crowd to 'show' why we need to pass a back ground check initiative on the ballot next month...

didn't hear a thing last night. I usually hear sirens.....

btw...there is a LARGE contingent of 2nd Amendment and liberty loving supporters in my area...cops here are fairly cool....with a few exceptions...that might change though.

shits getting real.

JK/SEA
10-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Ummmm,
Who, in their right mind, wastes good ammo on inanimate objects?

Man opens fire on police stations, patrol cars in Washington state

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/16/man-opens-fire-on-police-stations-patrol-cars-in-washington-state/

Police in Washington state say a man opened fire on police stations and police cars in three separate towns Wednesday evening before being shot and arrested.

The Snohomish County Sheriff's office said the first in the series of attacks took place at approximately 9:30 p.m. local time, when an unmanned patrol car was shot at from a white pickup truck in the town of Great Falls.

A few minutes later, police in Lake Stevens reported that their headquarters were being fired upon. KCPQ-TV reported that police cars were targeted in Lake Stevens as well.

A short time after that, police located the truck and chased the suspect into the town of Marysville, where he shot at another patrol car before he was wounded and taken into custody. KCPQ reported early Thursday that the suspect, who has not been identified, was in grave condition.

A law enforcement official told the station that a Marysville police officer suffered injuries as a result of the shooting, but they were not life-threatening. It was not immediately clear whether the officer was hit by a gunshot or by debris from the shot.

Lake Stevens Police Commander Dennis Taylor said the man was apparently armed with a "high-capacity" rifle. Taylor added that "many"shots were fired and said that the police vehicles were hit "many times."

Mackenzie Harris, 17, of Marysville, told KOMO-TV that she saw police pull over the truck before the driver pulled out a gun and started shooting.

"We heard gunshots, so we ran inside," Harris said. "While we were running up to my room, we heard, like, two dozen more shots being fired. We walked back down stairs and heard cops screaming and a bunch of yelling."

agent provacateur?...

gun background checks on the ballot next month....

tod evans
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
agent provacateur?...

gun background checks on the ballot next month....

There was a fellow on the right coast giving lessons a few weeks back, I think you may be right......

JK/SEA
10-16-2014, 11:52 AM
There was a fellow on the right coast giving lessons a few weeks back, I think you may be right......

just seems very ODD...a guy shoots up 2 Police Stations and goes for a 3rd station, shooting police cars and hitting no one except for the one cop in Marysville, and the shooter guy lives from getting shot at from multiple rounds....lucky?...perhaps...

edit...story says the perp is in GRAVE condition....Thats a term i don't usually see...its either 'critical' or 'stable'...

JK/SEA
10-16-2014, 01:47 PM
UPDATE:

Update at 9:50 a.m. A Snohomish County man accused of shooting up police stations and patrol cars in three Snohomish County cities Wednesday night may have been involved in a domestic-violence incident in the last week or two.

A law enforcement source tells The Seattle Times that the 43-year-old man was angry with how the domestic violence incident turned out and lashed out at Granite Falls, Lake Stevens and Marysville police by shooting at them.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/10/shots-fired-at-police-in-3-snohomish-county-towns/

presence
10-16-2014, 02:52 PM
UPDATE:

Update at 9:50 a.m. A Snohomish County man accused of shooting up police stations and patrol cars in three Snohomish County cities Wednesday night may have been involved in a domestic-violence incident in the last week or two.

A law enforcement source tells The Seattle Times that the 43-year-old man was angry with how the domestic violence incident turned out and lashed out at Granite Falls, Lake Stevens and Marysville police by shooting at them.

lets be honest... it was not the domestic violence issue that lead to him shooting police but the police's outrageous response to the incident

pcosmar
10-16-2014, 03:03 PM
lets be honest... it was not the domestic violence issue that lead to him shooting police but the police's outrageous response to the incident
Another one.

This time north of Chicago. Manhunt on.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/2-Officers-Shot-in-Suburban-Holiday-Hills-Standoff-279400862.html