PDA

View Full Version : TN - Innocent man sues Oak Ridge cops and hospital over forced anal probe.

Anti Federalist
10-14-2014, 07:59 PM
I searched this man's name, nothing came up, and I don't recall this story, but this is the same doctor that is now facing drug charges of his own, so I think this one got lost in the shuffle.

Was just another day in AmeriKa.

Phill4Paul is right...Do Not Submit.

Lawsuit filed over OR man's warrantless cavity search

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/lawsuit-filed-over-or-mans-warrantless-cavity

By:Bob Fowler Posted: 4:00 AM, Jun 6, 2012

CLINTON — An Oak Ridge man who says he was forced in June 2011 to submit to a digital rectal exam for suspected drugs — and no drugs were found — has filed a lawsuit in Anderson County Circuit Court.

Wesley Antwan Gulley's legal action contends his constitutional rights were violated and he was subjected to false arrest and imprisonment, assault and battery and medical battery.

The lawsuit alleges Gulley was in shackles and reluctantly consented to the exam, but only after Dr. Michael A. LaPaglia ordered an injectable sedative and threatened to use it "in performing the digital rectal exam …"

The defendants used coercion and "undue influence" to force Gulley's consent, and police officers didn't have a warrant, it continues.

Gulley was stopped in Oak Ridge for an alleged traffic violation on June 3, 2011, and told he was being arrested for drugs, according to the lawsuit. He was 19 at the time, records show.

A drug-sniffing dog alerted on a $20 bill found on the driver's seat of the vehicle, and Gulley underwent an extensive pat-down search.

He was then taken to Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge for the exam, the lawsuit states.

Three Oak Ridge police officers and two nurses were in the hospital room at Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge at the time of the exam, according to the complaint.

Nothing was found and Gulley was never charged with any drug-related crime, the lawsuit states. A resisting arrest charge filed against Gulley was later dismissed by the state, the lawsuit states.

The exam, the legal action contends, left Gulley under severe stress and mental anguish, and he suffered "ridicule from third parties" as a result.

Gulley also was forced to make a bond and hire an attorney to represent him, it continues.

Knoxville lawyer Bob Jolley, who represented another Oak Ridge man subjected to a warrantless body cavity search, filed the lawsuit on Gulley's behalf.

In the other case, Felix Booker, 21, was convicted in federal court of possessing 5.7 grams of crack cocaine, found after LaPaglia injected Booker with paralyzing drugs and recovered the drugs from the man's rectum.

Booker's conviction has been appealed to the 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.

The lawsuit on behalf of Gulley was filed June 1 and names as defendants LaPaglia, Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge, two nurses, three Oak Ridge Police Department officers, the city of Oak Ridge and Police Chief James T. Akagi.

The complaint seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive damages and an injunction prohibiting the police chief from enforcing policies allowing such cavity searches under similar conditions.

Anti Federalist
10-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Doctor arrested on drug, weapons charges after officers find pipes, pot, pills

http://oakridgetoday.com/2013/09/04/kpd-doctor-arrested-on-drug-weapons-charges-after-officers-find-pipes-pot-pills/

LaPaglia has served as medical director for Anderson County Emergency Medical Services and has worked in the emergency room at Methodist Medical Center in Oak Ridge. He has been named as a defendant in two federal lawsuits over coerced or forced digital rectal examinations, one filed by Felix Charles Booker on March 16, 2011, and the other by Wesley Antwan Gulley on July 19, 2012. A conviction based on the discovery of a five-ounce rock of crack cocaine hidden in Booker’s rectum during one search in August 2010 was recently overturned by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. The second case is pending in U.S. District Court in Knoxville.

phill4paul
10-14-2014, 08:08 PM
Phill4Paul is right...Do Not Submit.

I bet my life on it.

tod evans
10-14-2014, 08:12 PM
. A conviction based on the discovery of a five-ounce rock of crack cocaine

:eek:

Brian4Liberty
10-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Knoxville lawyer Bob Jolley, who represented another Oak Ridge man subjected to a warrantless body cavity search, filed the lawsuit on Gulley's behalf.

In the other case, Felix Booker, 21, was convicted in federal court of possessing 5.7 grams of crack cocaine, found after LaPaglia injected Booker with paralyzing drugs and recovered the drugs from the man's rectum.

I'm not sure I'd want the same lawyer as the guy who actually was hiding crack...

Paralyzing and violating without a warrant? Violation of due process and cruel and unusual punishment.

Origanalist
10-14-2014, 08:15 PM
:eek:

Sounds like a well used rectum.

Origanalist
10-14-2014, 08:17 PM
I'll say it, when are we going to hear about one of these sadistic bastards having a wine bottle kicked up their ass and dying from internal bleeding?

phill4paul
10-14-2014, 08:26 PM
I'll say it, when are we going to hear about one of these sadistic bastards having a wine bottle kicked up their ass and dying from internal bleeding?

About the time that I get out of jail after somehow being apprehended against all safeguards and measures unto death itself.

aGameOfThrones
10-14-2014, 08:27 PM

"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

A drug-sniffing dog alerted on a $20 bill found on the driver's seat of the vehicle, and Gulley underwent an extensive pat-down search.

money with traces of drug... lol

Wolfgang Bohringer
10-14-2014, 10:17 PM
He was then taken to Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge for the exam, the lawsuit states.

Three Oak Ridge police officers and two nurses were in the hospital room at Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge at the time of the exam, according to the complaint.

The lawsuit on behalf of Gulley was filed June 1 and names as defendants LaPaglia, Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge, two nurses, three Oak Ridge Police Department officers, the city of Oak Ridge and Police Chief James T. Akagi.

Thank God we live in an exceptional Christian country unlike those barbaric Muslims.

Whom would Jesus inject with paralyzing drugs before effing him in the ass? Then again, John Wesley is probably another matter and the same for the rest of the evangelists in Tennessee.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-14-2014, 10:38 PM
More lawsuits, more voting, more strongly worded letters, and more cameras will not get it done. Taxpayers foot the bill and a free vacation for lice. You MUST draw the line. You can not let somebody shove something up your rectum. You can not let somebody shoot your dog. That's really all there is to it.