PDA

View Full Version : Happy anecdote...

synapz
12-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I've been trying to get my father to support Ron Paul for a while now, but he keeps getting hung up on the foreign policy.

My mother (now a strong supporter!) told me that he was speaking with my uncle on the phone recently, and asked him who he was supporting for the presidency. To my father's chagrin, his response was a hearty, "Ron Paul, of course, who else?"

We're hemming him in. :)

TechnoGuyRob
12-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Wonderful! I love finding out someone supports Ron Paul without bringing it up. :)

Are ALL your friends and family members donating to RP on the 16th? This is the big pie right now. Make sure you tell everyone you know (and all your mom's friends) to donate on the 16th instead of doing anything on Christmas for you. This is very important.

noztnac
12-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Ask him if he supports having troops in Iraq indefinitely. If he says, "Of course not." ask him when. If he says "When our mission is complete." ask him- And when is that?

The point is we have no goal, no plan for victory, and no plan to withdraw anytime soon. Eventually we will leave. Why not now?

JoeySweets
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I got my MOM on the Bandwagon, and She sent out a Letter to the Family emailing list saying I'd convinced her. And then I found that My Uncle Supports Ron Paul,

a couple people of my family are still uncertain, but that my uncle is a STRONG supporter is great news.

Drknows
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Ask him if he supports having troops in Iraq indefinitely. If he says, "Of course not." ask him when. If he says "When our mission is complete." ask him- And when is that?

The point is we have no goal, no plan for victory, and no plan to withdraw anytime soon. Eventually we will leave. Why not now?

Yeah show him the video of GW talking about no nation building. The war was over when saddam was captured.

FreedomLover
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
That's great that your families are supporting him, and I really like these stories, but does that mean they're actual going to vote for him in the primaries?