PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul first contact Poll

rockjoa
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
There is a tread about this but it would be nice to see a poll.:)

I heard about him on digg, before the neocons hired the bury brigade.

LibertyCzar
06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Great poll! Thanks.

ARealConservative
06-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I was 17 in 1988. Not old enough to vote yet but close enough to where I payed attention to the process. I found that I agreed with Dr. Paul the most.

Noodles
06-27-2007, 11:02 AM
My first contact with Dr. Paul was quite unexpected. I was abducted by these aliens, and on the ship, they were all, like, Ron Paul Spammers. They're out there!

No, really, I was conducting experimental musical exercises in Cambodia, and chanced upon this Belgian plumber who was wearing a Ron Paul 2008 hat!

OK, it was the first debate. Yeah, I was backstage, see....

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I honestly don't remember how I heard of Ron Paul. It was over a decade ago, because I remember that he was running again in '96. Not sure if that's WHEN I first heard of him. Obviously, when I heard he was exploring this campaign, I couldn't sleep for three days.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
i definitely want Ron Paul to make First Contact. Paul/Foster '08:p

Retrolives
06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I read about him on wikipedia back in march, then searched for the facebook profile, joined and have read it about 3 times a day since. And post occassionally

Birdlady
06-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Alex Jones about 4 years ago.

rockjoa
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks for sharing, it is nice to see such a wide variety, so when big media cuts him out there are backup ways to bring in new supporters.:)

coplinger
06-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Antiwar.com &/or LewRockwell.com probably 3 or 4 years ago. Have payed close attention to him ever since.

Mani
06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Other:

Last year at a conference, he discussed monetary & liberty issues.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I found out about Ron Paul about a year ago. Penn Radio mentioned him repeatedly over the course of an hour, so I googled him.

mconder
06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
John Birch Society conservative index in the 90's

gravesdav
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
It's kind of coincidental that I learned about Ron Paul less than a month ago. For my final history/english exam in high school I had to have a debate. My group chose the Iraq war and we were against. We were researching on the internet and came across Ron Paul's Iraq War speech( the questions and another one). We thought it would be excellent to show a Republican who was against the war outspokenly and backed everything up with clear facts. We also actually found that he called Iraq a few months after 9/11.
I actually used Ron Paul for my main source (we won the debate :) )
It was probally the most informative part of my education learning about the PNAC letter to Clinton, how they said we needed another "Pearl Harbor", Dick Clarke's account, and Wolfowitz and the neo-cons actually calling for American airmen to be shot down to justify Iraq.
Then I watched the debates which was around the same time, saw the Guiliani incident and was hooked.

NewEnd
06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
When I joined the Libertarian Party, about 7 years ago.

BuddyRey
06-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I found out about Ron Paul through a seditious and naughty thoughtcrime website.

granny miller
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Lew Rockwell & Pat Buchanan:)

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
It's kind of coincidental that I learned about Ron Paul less than a month ago. For my final history/english exam in high school I had to have a debate. My group chose the Iraq war and we were against. We were researching on the internet and came across Ron Paul's Iraq War speech( the questions and another one). We thought it would be excellent to show a Republican who was against the war outspokenly and backed everything up with clear facts. We also actually found that he called Iraq a few months after 9/11.
I actually used Ron Paul for my main source (we won the debate :) )
It was probally the most informative part of my education learning about the PNAC letter to Clinton, how they said we needed another "Pearl Harbor", Dick Clarke's account, and Wolfowitz and the neo-cons actually calling for American airmen to be shot down to justify Iraq.
Then I watched the debates which was around the same time, saw the Guiliani incident and was hooked.

That's really a great story. Were you interested in politics at all before your research and debate into the subject of the Iraq War or was this what got you interested in the first place?

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Found him when I was in high school and he was in Congress back in the 80s. Voted for him in 1988. Got excited by his, albeit brief, presidential run for the Republican nomination in 1992, worked for his Congressional office as a legislative staffer from 1997-2001. Couldn't actually pinpoint a "first time" so long ago. Probably not the internet in the early '80s.

gravesdav
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
That's really a great story. Were you interested in politics at all before your research and debate into the subject of the Iraq War or was this what got you interested in the first place?

I was always interested in politics, unfortantly I got most of my opinions from Sean Hannity and such. About a year ago I read two of Pat Buchanan books, one where he predicts the blowback of our interventionism before 9/11. So I have believed in the non-interventionist policy, I just didn't know anyone politician who did. Democrats and Republicans are neo-cons just in different ways. Ron Paul really sealed the deal for non-interventionism. I believed in the War on Terror when I was 13 years old during 9/11. I was scared living in NY. But I realize now that anyone who still believes in it has the maturity of a 13 year old or has sinister motives. How can you have a war on an emotion?

Nefertiti
06-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I first heard about him in the main brackobama.com blog. Someone mentioned him in connection with the Republican debate and his name reminded me of Ru Paul and so I googled him. When I saw how close his views on foreign policy were to Pat Buchanan, I was hooked. I had gotten hooked on Pat Buchanan last summer during the war on Lebanon when he wrote this piece:

http://www.theamericancause.org/print/072106_print.htm

mikelovesgod
06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I learned about him on a traditional Catholic message board. They were debating between Brownback and Paul. People liked Brownback's more abortion related policies, while they all respected Paul.

Traditional Catholics don't like the war in Iraq. The problem is we are analogous to neo-cons and trad politics in that there are neo-conservative Catholics and us.

LibertyEagle
06-27-2007, 05:49 PM
How can you have a war on an emotion?

EXACTLY! You have wisdom beyond your years. :)

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 11:10 PM
bumping for input.

timosman
06-08-2018, 05:32 PM
The poll is still open.