PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in the dam: How liberty is bruising the ribs of Leviathan

limequat
10-13-2014, 06:53 AM
I used to be a defeatist. I would say things like, "If voting accomplished anything, it'd be illegal."
The government has infinite resources, infinite scope, and infinite backing. Why bother resisting?

Well, I've learned that the state is more than happy to have us sitting on the sidelines and muttering under our breath. It just makes their jobs easier. Well, fuck that.

Here's some evidence that Leviathan is not all-powerful. In fact his nose may even be bloodied a bit. So let's keep on it until the beast is on his knees.

1) Edward Snowden. The leak was massive. The biggest and most important of our generation. But that's not the best part. The icing on the cake is that the US government has not been able to render, detain, or imprison Snowden in any way. Snowden is giving speeches and commentary and even responding to criticism! What a middle finger this is to the administration, that they are powerless to capture this "low level, high school dropout". Worse, Snowden was able to sneak his longtime girlfriend into Moscow while the NSA was -apparently- taking a nap. And now we have of another NSA leaker.

2) Rand Paul was elected to the senate. Can you remember back to 2008 and think how impossible this would be? Rand himself figured he only a 10% chance of winning. The entire republican establishment lined up against him, throwing every trick they had at him. And then what? Randslide! Not even close. And now the senate minority leader is losing power to the junior senator Rand Paul.

3) Cantor booted out of the house: A no-name teacher and a liberty campaign manager brought down the very establishment mouthpiece of the house. Nobody even saw this coming, now Cantor is -hopefully- bagging groceries and Boehnor's watching his back for a coup.

Those are some of my favorites. Add yours below.

Philhelm
10-13-2014, 07:02 AM
4) Eric Frein manhunt. Millions of dollars, and probably a million man-hours, spent to track one man with no success as of yet. It shows how the government is not nearly as all-powerful as it appears.

limequat
10-13-2014, 07:04 AM
^ Good one. Just goes to show you that with 1000 men like Frein the whole system would collapse.

tod evans
10-13-2014, 07:08 AM
4) Eric Frein manhunt. Millions of dollars, and probably a million man-hours, spent to track one man with no success as of yet. It shows how the government is not nearly as all-powerful as it appears.

A man who has never harmed a citizen warrants all this........On our behalf :rolleyes:

phill4paul
10-13-2014, 07:13 AM
A man who has never harmed a citizen warrants all this........On our behalf :rolleyes:

Gonna nit-pick on this a bit. Actually a citizen was killed. For that is what L.E.O.s are. Mere citizens. Now, they might believe they have special immunity. And in a court full of liaryers they do. However, there is no immunity from lead projectile fired at you at 2900 ft/sec.

tod evans
10-13-2014, 07:20 AM
I view any person who whores themselves out to public service as a lesser being, if said person ever refutes monies from the public coffers and becomes a productive member of society then, and only then, may they reclaim the title of citizen in my book...

But I've been told quite often my perspective is off..