PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater founder Erik Prince is a libertarian and Paul supporter

TaftFan
10-11-2014, 11:49 PM
This article is almost a year old...but very much worth reading.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/26/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-on-why-private-militaries-are-the-future/

Among the things he says:
-Government spending is our greatest threat
-Private armies are the future
-He was targeted by the IRS
-He is a libertarian Ron Paul supporter and believer in Austrian economics
-He agrees with Rand Paul's concern over droning Americans
-Talks about how using drones creates terrorists
-He would make the State Department a lot smaller
-He favors letters of marque and reprisal to go after terrorists, not mass invasions

This guy needs to be on Team Rand 2016.

kcchiefs6465
10-12-2014, 12:03 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/26/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-on-why-private-militaries-are-the-future/

-Government spending is our greatest threat
-Private armies are the future
-He was targeted by the IRS
-He is a libertarian Ron Paul supporter and believer in Austrian economics
-He agrees with Rand Paul's concern over droning Americans
-Talks about how using drones creates terrorists
-He would make the State Department a lot smaller
-He favors letters of marque and reprisal to go after terrorists, not mass invasions

Erik Prince should be in a prison cell for [at the least] what happened at the Nisour Square.

kcchiefs6465
10-12-2014, 12:06 AM
I was amazed he donated $5,000 to Ron Paul....

What was the contribution to Gingrich?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-12-2014, 12:34 AM
LOL. I nominate this for joke thread of the year.

randomname
10-12-2014, 06:53 AM
This is like these "bunny ranch hookers support Ron Paul" pieces... He is hurting more than helping by speaking out like that, he's among the least liked people in the world

amy31416
10-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Dude's a total scumbag not fit to lick the bottom of Ron Paul's shoes.

Anti-Neocon
10-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Ever since he's left Blackwater he's actually been decent. I think that he may have felt betrayed by some of the people at his company so he's willing to get a little revenge by cutting their government paychecks. Kind of like how Gingrich has turned against the neocons a bit once they betrayed him. I don't trust either of them but they are pretty good people to have on our side because they have cred in the minds of some.

kcchiefs6465
10-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Newt Gingrich is a snake as well who should be within the same penitentiary as Prince.

This conversation would be laughable if it wasn't so unfunny.

I don't give a damn if Prince turns into a priest, he should face trial for overseeing an organization that committed a litany of crimes in Iraq as well as here. From the torture of many, to Nisour Square, and many other murders, etc.

juleswin
10-12-2014, 12:39 PM
And Dave Weigel is also a Ron Paul supporter yet rolls out attack articles after attack articles. If he was really a Rand Paul supporter, he should stay mum about it just on the count that people think he is a scumbag and associating scumbags with pols tend to hurt them at the polls.

What a scumbag :)

Anti-Neocon
10-12-2014, 12:40 PM
The point is not that they aren't criminals but that we can use their voices. Former defense industry CEO speaks out and says that we are overpaying on defense? The public opinion battle is the biggest battle we are facing, mainly due to the media, so we need to use everyone we can.

Brian4Liberty
10-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Bernie Madoff was a "libertarian" too. Part of the Charlatan faction of the libertarian movement.

robert68
10-12-2014, 01:28 PM
The point is not that they aren't criminals but that we can use their voices. Former defense industry CEO speaks out and says that we are overpaying on defense? The public opinion battle is the biggest battle we are facing, mainly due to the media, so we need to use everyone we can.

Blackwater wasn't private. He's misrepresenting the term. Associating the crimes his company committed with the term "private" is not good.

donnay
10-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Oh I feel so much better the mercenaries for hire like us non-interventionists. What an Oxymoron. :rolleyes:

RJB
10-12-2014, 01:50 PM
He's just a war profiteer. If he donates all the ill-gotten billions he's made as part of the MIC to helping all the Injured soldiers and civilians in the lands he helped lay to waste, I'll consider him as a good guy.

Remember Iraq, Afghanistan, New Orleans...

Anti-Neocon
10-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Nobody's saying he's a good guy, but he can be useful to our cause.

donnay
10-12-2014, 06:29 PM

His loyalty is to the highest bidder. We don't need useful idiots for the cause of Liberty.

pcosmar
10-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Erik Prince ? The same "Erik Prince"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-Or1TTAOA

pcosmar
10-12-2014, 07:04 PM

Not my Cause.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/from-blackwater-to-xe-the-templar-crusade/16878

Everybody likes Freedom,, and a lot of nuts were attracted to Ron.
The Stormfronters liked Ron's message too. and a bunch showed up here.

green73
10-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Are you serious? Would you make a deal with the devil if it got your man into office?

Anti-Neocon
10-12-2014, 09:03 PM
As long as the devil is working for us, and we aren't working for the devil, I couldn't care less. Yeah, he was involved with some despicable things, but as long as he can be used for the greater good to help stop more horrific stuff from happening in the future, then let him be used.

surf
10-12-2014, 10:19 PM
This is like these "bunny ranch hookers support Ron Paul" pieces... He is hurting more than helping by speaking out like that, he's among the least liked people in the world
while I get your point, I loved having the bunny ranch on our side. not so much the murderous mercenaries.

Spikender
10-13-2014, 03:25 AM
while I get your point, I loved having the bunny ranch on our side. not so much the murderous mercenaries.

Make love, not war.

William Tell
10-13-2014, 06:58 AM
In an Ancap type society, it would still be guys like this who would run private security/paramilitary protection groups.

green73
10-13-2014, 03:36 PM
In an Ancap type society, it would still be guys like this who would run private security/paramilitary protection groups.

How's that?

devil21
10-13-2014, 04:05 PM

-Government spending is our greatest threat - unless it's on his company's services
-Private armies are the future - his company
-He was targeted by the IRS - fat chance
-He is a libertarian Ron Paul supporter and believer in Austrian economics - ok good for him
-He agrees with Rand Paul's concern over droning Americans - drones are bad for his business
-Talks about how using drones creates terrorists - better to use his mercenaries to create them....or impersonate them....for a few hundred thousand $ per year, per person
-He would make the State Department a lot smaller -and make the CIA a lot bigger, necessitating more of his employees
-He favors letters of marque and reprisal to go after terrorists, not mass invasions - good for business

Some of it I can agree with in principle but I don't for a moment believe Prince wants less intervention and sound money. He wants more intervention that he can profit from.

kcchiefs6465
10-19-2014, 11:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JxGSY2YC14

Pericles
10-19-2014, 01:22 PM
How's that?

If you don't like his mercenary army, you can hire mine.

kcchiefs6465
10-19-2014, 02:00 PM
If you don't like his mercenary army, you can hire mine.
Would your mercenary army be funded through the involuntary taking from all and unaccountable to any semblance of law?

That would probably be the biggest factor to those advocating ancap philosophy.... that is, that the protection of the state exacerbates social ills.

Occam's Banana
10-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Somebody should tell that to Dale Brown. He doesn't seem to have gotten the memo ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onWC8nNpIco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onWC8nNpIco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAeurucvtdk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAeurucvtdk

RonPaulFanInGA
10-19-2014, 02:50 PM
And Dave Weigel is also a Ron Paul supporter

Was, maybe; Weigel voted for Jon Huntsman in 2012. Huntsman was the biggest joke of a GOP presidential candidate, and that says a lot considering people like Santorum, Gingrich and Cain ran in the same primary.

(And Bachmann, 'oops' Perry and McCotter...damn, what a circus sideshow that presidential primary campaign was.)

Occam's Banana
10-19-2014, 02:54 PM

I guess it's a good thing we don't live in an Ancap type society, then.

Oh, wait ...

Pericles
10-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Would your mercenary army be funded through the involuntary taking from all and unaccountable to any semblance of law?

That would probably be the biggest factor to those advocating ancap philosophy.... that is, that the protection of the state exacerbates social ills.
Part of the fun of being a mercenary army is that you get to choose which rules (if any) under which you will operate.

nayjevin
10-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Blackwater founder Erik Prince is a libertarian and Paul supporter

truth is stranger than fiction!

PRB
10-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Bernie Madoff was a "libertarian" too. Part of the Charlatan faction of the libertarian movement.

we love our diversity of criminal supporters.