PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on with the blimp?

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I thought it was supposed to be flying by now, so whats going on? Weren't we supposed to be all excited and happy about getting a blimp about now?

And if its not succeeding why not? Because of all the negativity on here?

The negative people need to be quiet and get behind it or don't, but don't post on here being negative about it because that can stop it entirely. If you don't want to put your money behind it and other people do let them!

rory096
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
They're working on the graphics as we speak, I believe. Apparently the launch date is the 10th, but they still need donations!

koob
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Well once upon a time some Ron Paul supporters had the most joyous and epic idea of all political campaigns ever. This idea was to have a BLIMP with Ron Paul's name on it.

Then folks behind this blimp got the idea that wow using blimps for advertisement could make a great business. And people got really pissed because they feel as if their money is being wasted so some folks can have their dream job.

And then there was the fight over the graphics of the blimp.

So now, what could have been the most joyous thing ever, has been slowly deflating.

But let's all hope the blimp survives.

Hook
12-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Well once upon a time some Ron Paul supporters had the most joyous and epic idea of all political campaigns ever. This idea was to have a BLIMP with Ron Paul's name on it.

Then folks behind this blimp got the idea that wow using blimps for advertisement could make a great business. And people got really pissed because they feel as if their money is being wasted so some folks can have their dream job.

And then there was the fight over the graphics of the blimp.

So now, what could have been the most joyous thing ever, has been slowly deflating.

But let's all hope the blimp survives.

That is the most poetic way of putting it so far. :D

schmeisser
12-02-2007, 10:42 PM
The irony is that if the naysayers were not pushing so hard, there would essily be a blimp with the only downside of a <10% premium for overhead that wasn't expected.

The only thing the destructionists have accomplished is assuring that if they ruin the plan that the people who already donated will likely lose all of their money. And there will not be a blimp.

Great work so far guys!:rolleyes:

JohnnyWrath
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM
They need 200,000 by Wednesday because that is what the blimp costs, or did anyway....

I think the blimp is an awesome idea, and I think it will get attention.

My concern is profit from donations is all. I think when the transparency page is working (it's not right now), then it may put people more at ease.

Another concern is that the way it reads is that after we do hit the money goal, they will NOT stop taking money, but use it for other projects instead.????

steph3n
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
They need 200,000 by Wednesday because that is what the blimp costs, or did anyway....

I think the blimp is an awesome idea, and I think it will get attention.

My concern is profit from donations is all. I think when the transparency page is working (it's not right now), then it may put people more at ease.

Another concern is that the way it reads is that after we do hit the money goal, they will NOT stop taking money, but use it for other projects instead.????

you are clueless, 200000 is the down payment for the 350,000 COST plus there is 25k in artwork

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
This is kind of what I thought happened, people are complaining because everything's not perfect and they're causing serious problems with this.

You people need to get with the program, which is this: donate if you want to, or don't if you don't want to.

But complaining is holding up the whole process and its better to have a blimp flying than not having one flying.

So you're going to have to settle for something thats not perfect or get nothing.

And so what if these people want to make some money doing this? Everyone needs a job, and if they rip off people then we will go somewhere else with other projects.

orion846
12-03-2007, 12:02 AM
it's failing because it started out as a one-time 350k to get this thing in the air for 3-5 weeks, and than turned into some douche trying to get ron paul supporters to pay his medical bills

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Hey Orion, lets keep our language mature and grown up. Don't use childish words to try and prove your point. They don't accomplish that goal.