PDA

View Full Version : Never Talk to Cops

Suzanimal
10-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Never talk to cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo7vW3mxx0&feature=player_embedded

ANKENY, Iowa —Video of a traffic stop in Ankeny recorded by a driver led to an apology from the department Thursday.
Other Stories

The video was posted on YouTube on Oct. 2 by YouTube member TheResistantCow.

The video's description says, "Cops use manipulative wordplay to try and make you incriminate yourself."

During the traffic stop, Officer Aaron King asked if the driver, Scott Beckwith, plays frisbee golf. The officer asks, "Answer me this question, why is it that everyone who plays Frisbee golf smokes weed?"

Beckwith answers, "Nope, it's not everybody. King continues, "It's everybody man, you can't tell me you've never smoked weed before."

Beckwith says, "I'm not going to tell you one way or another."

King then asks Beckwith how much weed he has in the car. Beckwith said he has nothing on him or in his car.

The driver tells the officer that he is being recorded. The officer said he is also recording audio and video of the traffic stop.

The Ankeny Police Department said it was made aware of the video on YouTube. The department said the traffic stop happened earlier this month.

A statement by the department on the video posted to Facebook on Thursday said, "The officer engages the driver in a line of questioning that is foolish and not representative of the Ankeny Police Dept.'s training or interactions with the public. This verbal exchange did not meet the level of professionalism expected of Ankeny police officers. Ankeny Police Chief Gary Mikulec respectfully apologizes for the officer's demeaning statement and assures that the video has been preserved for an internal investigation."

Mikulec calls the video "extremely disappointing" and inconsistent with police training. He said the department never received a complaint from the driver, but will get in touch with him to determine any discipline for the officer.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/drivers-video-leads-to-apology-from-police-department/29048900#ixzz3Fmat3v22

dannno
10-10-2014, 04:25 PM
lol, it's true tho, everybody I know who plays disc golf smokes weed :D

specsaregood
10-10-2014, 04:34 PM
//

dannno
10-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I play disc golf, so does my wife, my kid and my family and none of us smoke weed.

Next time, bring a joint and smoke it on the trail between hole 6 and 7.

If you're playing from the black tees, bring a blunt.

Danke
10-10-2014, 05:02 PM
I play disc golf, so does my wife, my kid and my family and none of us smoke weed.

You expect us to believe that. LOL

FindLiberty
10-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Ever drink milk... like with cereal,
or maybe with a few cookies?
Helps cure the munchies; now answer me this...

When did you stop beating your wife?

Suzanimal
10-10-2014, 05:08 PM
lol, it's true tho, everybody I know who plays disc golf smokes weed :D

:D

I've played once or twice and it depends on the course. At our local park, it's families. At Ft Yargo, it's fun.

DaninPA
10-10-2014, 05:09 PM
"Thank you very much"

WTF??? Maybe it's my age (50's) but I'd have been really tempted to say "Have a nice day right after you go fuck yourself".

With a big smile too.

specsaregood
10-10-2014, 05:18 PM
//

Suzanimal
10-10-2014, 05:22 PM
"Thank you very much"

WTF??? Maybe it's my age (50's) but I'd have been really tempted to say "Have a nice day right after you go fuck yourself".

With a big smile too.

Contempt of Cop

DaninPA
10-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Contempt of Cop

Which is why I'm glad that 1. I'm seldom on the road after dark, and 2. I don't speed or otherwise attract attention from cops.

After watching the video again, it'd probably have gone like this.
Cop: You understand you're free to go and everything but you wouldn't have a problem with me looking through your car?

Me: You just said I'm free to go. Bye.

CaptUSA
10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Anyone think that this guy would have been let go if it wasn't for his camera being on? Not a chance.

The lesson here... Always start recording if you are pulled over. Always.

Cleaner44
10-10-2014, 07:22 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.

Never, ever, ever talk to cops.

CPUd
10-11-2014, 06:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drUgUYAVWXs