PDA

View Full Version : "Disgruntled" GA Police Officer Prompts SWAT Callout After Taking Hostages at Apt. Complex

SeanTX
10-09-2014, 07:36 PM
The hostages may be lucky it was a cop who took them captive -- I doubt that a hostage would be able to walk out carrying the hostage taker's gun otherwise -- not without getting lit up.

I suppose the apologists would say that we shouldn't judge all police based on this, since he was "off duty" at the time -- but the reason for the hostage taking was due to "work issues." He should have just taken out his anger on people during traffic stops and such, like most cops do ...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/police-respond-apparent-swat-standoff-brunswick/nhfCb/

Updated: 10:55 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014 | Posted: 3:32 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014
Brunswick police officer holds 3 hostage in SWAT standoff

By Leslie Coursey and Kristy Wolski

BRUNSWICK, Ga. —

Police say a disgruntled, armed Brunswick Police Department officer who held three people hostage Wednesday afternoon is now in custody.

Several agencies dispatched officers to the Norwich Street Commons apartment complex around 2:45 p.m.

The standoff ended a short time later. Officers said two shots were fired by Officer Darry Williams, 43, who police say was having personnel issues at work. He was not on duty at the time of the incident.
snip

Earlier in the day Williams went to City Hall to discuss the work issues. Jones said that’s when Williams was overheard making a startling statement.

“That he had a weapon and that you have 10 minutes to call SWAT,” Jones said.

That forced a lockdown at City Hall. Police caught up with Williams at the residential complex, where he was holding two women and one man hostage in a vacant office.

Investigators said two shots were fired, but no one was hurt. They said eventually police were able to talk Williams down.

Jones said Williams let the hostages go, sent the gun outside with the man and then surrendered.

snip

He is charged with kidnapping, false imprisonment, and aggravated assault and could face more charges.

satchelmcqueen
10-09-2014, 08:37 PM
well if he wasnt ON DUTY then......

Slave Mentality
10-10-2014, 04:46 AM
It's all good. I am sure that he was just feeling threatened. I am impressed that he made it without a dog kill.

CaptUSA
10-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Hey, I saw that movie!

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/19/9eff228348a0c2769f5e2110.L.jpg/300px-9eff228348a0c2769f5e2110.L.jpg

Philhelm
10-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Ignoring the ethical issues, what's the point in taking hostages only to be "talked down" and surrender? At that point, you're all-in.

presence
10-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Ignoring the ethical issues, what's the point in taking hostages only to be "talked down" and surrender? At that point, you're all-in.

I'm not sure but for some reason when I picture the incident in my mind I get a ABBA Dancing Queen soundtrack.