PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck has a better ISIS policy than Rand?

cindy25
10-08-2014, 10:48 PM
I never thought I would have seen this but Beck, on Kelly files, called for not one life, not one dollar to fight ISIS.

kcchiefs6465
10-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I never thought I would have seen this but Beck, on Kelly files, called for not one life, not one dollar to fight ISIS.
Edward Bernays.

Spikender
10-08-2014, 11:35 PM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/10/08/glenn-beck-were-community-organizing-middle-east\

Glenn Beck was on “The Kelly File” tonight, where he reiterated his position of keeping the U.S. military out of the region in the fight against ISIS.

“Not one more body, not one more arm, not one more leg, not one more dollar,” he said. Beck explained that the U.S. hasn’t learned its lesson and that we don’t even know what the Middle East is fighting about.

“They’re going back to World War I, the reestablishment of the caliphate,” Beck said.

Beck explained that ISIS wants an end to the Sykes-Picot Agreement, which was when Britain and France redesigned the Middle East, making it so that dictators had to be put there. He said that when the U.S. gets rid of dictators, it helps ISIS establish a caliphate.

“We’re community organizing the Middle East,” he said.

twomp
10-08-2014, 11:51 PM
omg wtf.... hell has frozen over? is he? i mean like is he coming around?

jmdrake
10-09-2014, 04:05 AM
This makes me wish Ron was young enough for one more run. I wish he could go on shows like Glen Beck and Michael Savage and say "Look! I was saying this back in 2008 and you guys gave me hell about it. Are you going to back me up this time?"

ClydeCoulter
10-09-2014, 04:52 AM
omg wtf.... hell has frozen over? is he? i mean like is he coming around?

Israel concerned ISIS threat may distract Obama from Iran
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4570209,00.html

juleswin
10-09-2014, 04:56 AM
This makes me wish Ron was young enough for one more run. I wish he could go on shows like Glen Beck and Michael Savage and say "Look! I was saying this back in 2008 and you guys gave me hell about it. Are you going to back me up this time?"

I bet Glenn Beck wouldn't be saying that if he was a politicians. Its sad but being a politicians changes everything. When your constituents forms a mob and calls for blood, standing against them will only get you kicked out of office. Rand is smart to pick his battle on this one. Also we helped create ISIS and after the "beheaded" 2 Americans on tape and massacred thousands of innocent Syrians, the least we could do is assist in their removal.

Good on Glenn for giving the non politician's solution to the problem. But unlike him, Rand have some blood thirsty and fearful people he is accountable to.

Shane Harris
10-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Consider me surprised and impressed. Hopefully he continues to get better over time

Spikender
10-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Consider me surprised and impressed. Hopefully he continues to get better over time

He will continue to get better until it suits him not to.

erowe1
10-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Israel concerned ISIS threat may distract Obama from Iran
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4570209,00.html

Yep. There has to be a catch.

jmdrake
10-09-2014, 07:55 AM
I bet Glenn Beck wouldn't be saying that if he was a politicians. Its sad but being a politicians changes everything. When your constituents forms a mob and calls for blood, standing against them will only get you kicked out of office. Rand is smart to pick his battle on this one. Also we helped create ISIS and after the "beheaded" 2 Americans on tape and massacred thousands of innocent Syrians, the least we could do is assist in their removal.

Good on Glenn for giving the non politician's solution to the problem. But unlike him, Rand have some blood thirsty and fearful people he is accountable to.

Oh I'm sure Beck wouldn't. That's not my point. My question is would the "journalist" Glen Beck sing the same tune if there was a politician like Ron Paul running who didn't give a flip about ticking off potential voters by having a common sense foreign policy? Beck seemed to come around between 2008 and 2012 but didn't. Now he's seeming to come around. And same for Michael Savage. He had to know by 2012 that Iraq was a disaster. Why didn't he go all in for Ron? I'm saying this and I actually like Michael Savage. Beck is 100% right. Overthrowing dictators in the middle east is only helping the Islamists. But some of us knew that back in 2004 when the Iraqi Christians were running like hell from the "liberated" Iraq into the arms of Assad in Syria. So by 2008 Beck should have known, considering he is supposedly so smart and can "chart conspiracies going back to George Soros" and all that. I know I'm preaching to the choir. It still ticks me off though.

jllundqu
10-09-2014, 08:57 AM

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Ron Paul is a man of principle who stood his damn ground no matter which way the political winds were blowing... we love and admire that about him. There is nothing noble about Rand's wish-washy position and playing freakin politics. He has a weak constitution and I fear he is getting further off track by trying to please everyone.

cocrehamster
10-09-2014, 09:21 AM
WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Ron Paul is a man of principle who stood his damn ground no matter which way the political winds were blowing... we love and admire that about him. There is nothing noble about Rand's wish-washy position and playing freakin politics. He has a weak constitution and I fear he is getting further off track by trying to please everyone.

I agree with everything you're saying about Ron Paul but that's probably part of the reason he was never able to win a state wide race.

jmdrake
10-09-2014, 09:39 AM
WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Uh huh.

I agree with everything you're saying about Ron Paul but that's probably part of the reason he was never able to win a state wide race.

And I knew ^this was coming. Here's the deal. If not for the sliminess, cowardice and/or ignorance of just about ever conservative talking head in 2008 and 2012 (exceptions like Alex Jones and Jerry Doyle noted), Ron Paul would have won state wide races. And now, with no election on the line and Obama as president, (some) of them want to be non-interventionist? Okay. I hope it sticks. I hope next time someone like Debra Medina is on Glenn Beck when he starts asking about conspiracy theories she replies "The worst conspiracy theory is the one that 70 percent of Americans believed back in 2003 that Saddam Hussein was somehow involved in 9/11. Look how that turned out?"

vita3
10-09-2014, 10:18 AM
I like that. 70% of Americans beleived in the conspiracy that Saddam Hussein was somehow responsible for 911

jjdoyle
10-09-2014, 03:06 PM

Rand won a state wide race, I would say because of his father and his father's supporters. So, technically, I would say Ron did win a state wide race.

Rand is he pandering on issues, because I think he has seen the type of attack ads he is going to be hit with, so he is now trying to make counter points and positions, to try and counter those ads when they happen.

Unfortunately, I don't think he is getting good advice, because if there is a Mike Huckabee type candidate, those voters won't vote for Rand in a primary anyway. So, he is pandering on issues, for voters that won't vote for him. Instead of being a rock solid constitutional candidate, he is now creating even more issues which attack ads can be used against him.

And on this, Rand would have been out in front of Glenn Beck on it, but he can't be, because he was out saying he was in support of airstrikes, etc.

twomp
10-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Rand won a state wide race, I would say because of his father and his father's supporters. So, technically, I would say Ron did win a state wide race.

Rand is he pandering on issues, because I think he has seen the type of attack ads he is going to be hit with, so he is now trying to make counter points and positions, to try and counter those ads when they happen.

Unfortunately, I don't think he is getting good advice, because if there is a Mike Huckabee type candidate, those voters won't vote for Rand in a primary anyway. So, he is pandering on issues, for voters that won't vote for him. Instead of being a rock solid constitutional candidate, he is now creating even more issues which attack ads can be used against him.

And on this, Rand would have been out in front of Glenn Beck on it, but he can't be, because he was out saying he was in support of airstrikes, etc.

Exactly! Just like when these air strikes go terribly wrong (which history has shown us will happen), Senator Paul doesn't get to say he was against it.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-09-2014, 07:24 PM
I wonder if he still thinks Rick Santorum was screwed out of being the next George Washington...

Regardless, his position is still better than Rand's pathetic, watered down response.

cindy25
10-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Kentucky is much smaller than Texas; had Ron been congressman in KY he probably would have ended up in the senate. sometimes geography just goes the wrong way. Jack Kemp could never win a senate seat either.

Rand is not thinking long term. the war will have lost any popularity, even among Republican base, by Jan 2016.

there will be a strong anti war candidate in 2016, maybe a Dem, and they could take it all the way.