PDA

View Full Version : Philly Police to start shaming alleged johns on Facebook

phill4paul
10-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Alleged. It's not bad enough that they release records so your pictures a splashed on newsprint by our fine media. Now they are in the business themselves of destroying reputations without trial. Funny how video of cop brutality isn't considered "public record" until they decide to release them.

Four men arrested in a Citywide Vice Unit undercover sting last week for allegedly patronizing prostitution are also the first four johns to have their mugshots publicly posted on the Philadelphia Police Department’s Facebook page.

“From now on, we will be publishing the photos of ‘Johns’ that are charged as part of a PPD City Wide Vice effort to arrest individuals who patronize prostitutes,” the department’s Facebook post on the latest sting states. “Patronize a prostitute in Philly? Look forward to seeing your picture on Facebook!”
Lt. John Stanford said the new policy is to spread awareness about enforcement of prostitution crimes.

“We were looking for a way where people can actually see this … It can be somewhat of a deterrent,” Stanford said. “It’s not to embarrass them, it’s just to make people aware that prostitution is an old crime and it’s still something that we take seriously.”

Asked about the legality of posting suspects’ mugshots, Stanford said the identities of all suspects arrested by police can be made public.

“Every arrest is a public record,” Stanford said, adding that alleged johns’ mugshots will periodically be cleaned from the Facebook.

Of course there is no profit incentive at all...

Police confiscated $1,033 in cash, a 2010 Toyota Rav 4, a 2014 Nissan Versa, a 2007 Toyota Sienna and a 1995 Ford Probe during the sting.

- See more at: http://www.metro.us/philadelphia/news/local/2014/10/07/philly-police-start-shaming-alleged-johns-facebook/#sthash.P43d0XOR.dpuf

Spikender
10-08-2014, 05:42 AM
First of all, it is totally to embarrass them.

Second of all, fuck them.

The police, not the prostitutes.

specsaregood
10-08-2014, 05:58 AM
Seems to me like this should violate Facebooks supposed anti-bullying policies, no?

JK/SEA
10-08-2014, 09:27 AM
can't wait to see how many cops end up on the 'list'...

gotta feeling i'll be waiting a long time.

dannno
10-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Wow so if you allegedly pick up a prostitute and drive them somewhere you get your car stolen?

presence
10-08-2014, 10:55 AM
solicting a prostitute between consenting adults = NO VICTIM

stealing a solicitors car and money, false imprisonment = VICTIM

kpitcher
10-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Wow so if you allegedly pick up a prostitute and drive them somewhere you get your car stolen?

If they decided to go to the guy's house to do the deed would they confiscate that instead of the car?

thoughtomator
10-08-2014, 11:16 AM
If you still live in Philadelphia, it's your own fault.

satchelmcqueen
10-08-2014, 06:04 PM
hell id just make sure i bang the hottie prostitutes, that way i could brag about nailing another hot chick. no shame there!!