PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul HQ set a new goal for the quarter?

curtisag
12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Since it's so obvious we're going to easily break the $12 million dollar goal, shouldn't we boost the goal up to $16 million, which is a very attainable goal with a very modest Dec. 16th? Leaving it at $12 million may discourage some donations if we cross the threshold of the goal on the day of the Tea Party. We can expect to see very weak fundraising leading up to the 16th, just as we observed the October goal not being met as we approached Nov. 5th. I doubt we can hit $12 million before the Tea Party because of this. So, the goal must be raised.

newmedia4ron
12-02-2007, 09:51 PM
no

me3
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
After I saw the article on Politico where they posted someone from the forums calling Jonathan Bydlak an idiot, I wouldn't be surprised if he is hiding under his desk with his laptop, hoping no one at HQ asks him to send out another email.

Chibioz
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
First we reach this goal, then we set a new goal.

Janet0116
12-02-2007, 09:53 PM
No. We want to blow the goal out of the water. Meeting the goal before the 16th will not deter anyone from contributing.

curtisag
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM
No. We want to blow the goal out of the water. Meeting the goal before the 16th will not deter anyone from contributing.

You're missing my point. My point was we will not meet the goal before the 16th because donations will drop off leading up to the 16th. Therefore, we will actually break the goal during the 16th fundraising bonanza and that theoretically could deter some from donating.

moglesb1
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM

agreed ... i want that flash ticker to malfunction!!!!!

Liberty Star
12-02-2007, 09:59 PM
No.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, even $6 Mil would be lot of money for one day on Dec 16.
Ron Paul should keep the same goal for quarter, supporters can set another mental goal by how much to exceed that goal.

rainman39393
12-02-2007, 09:59 PM
i think it would be better to just change the ticker animation on the 16th so it does not say our quarter goal, instead just how much we've raised this quarter and how much we raised that day. that way it wont discourage people from donating but we can still blow the goal out of the water.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-02-2007, 10:01 PM
I vote for no more "Should HQ change the goal for the quarter" threads. We've been over this. If they set a goal, lets just beat it. It's really simple.

MozoVote
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
No. The HQ would want to use "meeting the goal" as an aexcuse for a press release.

walt
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Since it's so obvious we're going to easily break the $12 million dollar goal, shouldn't we boost the goal up to $16 million, which is a very attainable goal with a very modest Dec. 16th? Leaving it at $12 million may discourage some donations if we cross the threshold of the goal on the day of the Tea Party. We can expect to see very weak fundraising leading up to the 16th, just as we observed the October goal not being met as we approached Nov. 5th. I doubt we can hit $12 million before the Tea Party because of this. So, the goal must be raised.

yes, they should set a goal to:
1) hire competent people
2) execute a winning ground campaign

Pharoah
12-03-2007, 01:40 AM
No. Definitely not. That's like leading in a sporting race and then deciding to stop before the finish line and enter a different race because it was clear to you that you were going to win the race you were already taking part in... you end up with no guarantee of winning either race in the eyes of the media!