PDA

View Full Version : My cousin a Navy intelligence officer is a Ron Paul supporter!

jcbraithwaite7
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
There has been quite a family squall over Ron Paul. Months ago I tried to discuss Ron Paul with my aunt who is a big time Bushie. It got ugly and she said, "You sound like grandma" (Grandma was not a nice lady who hated Reagan and worshipped Clinton) I was stunned to be called a liberal. We haven't spoken since. My mom didn't get involved to try to keep the peace.

Wed. my mom and I went to St. Pete for the debate and straw poll. We were fired up after watching the corruption at the straw poll and so inspired after hearing Ron Paul speak at The Palladium after the debate. My mom was on the phone with my aunt and couldn't keep her mouth shut. Well... it got ugly between the two of them. My aunt emailed my mom and mentioned that her grandson (my second cousin) is a supporting Ron Paul. My cousin has a pretty important job handling miltary intelligence and knows tons more than the average person. I think he is responsible for getting the daily updates to the Oval Office. He knows more than the average person about our foreign policy and what is really going on. So when he is a Ron Paul supporter then that is a pretty good endorsement in my book!

Anyway, I know lots of military folks support Ron Paul but for me my cousin getting on board meant a lot!

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 09:40 PM
That's awesome! Tell him to donate at least 200 dollars on Dec. 16 (otherwise he won't show up on the final FEC reports, where we can see for ourselves who got the most military donations of all the candidates).

mopar.bo
12-02-2007, 09:41 PM
My wife's grandfather is like your aunt. He doesn't know the first thing about politics or government but he's a fucking expert. You know the kind.

SlapItHigh
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Awesome! Big navy area here...many higher ups are starting to support Ron Paul here. It is truly exciting!

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
There has been quite a family squall over Ron Paul. Months ago I tried to discuss Ron Paul with my aunt who is a big time Bushie. It got ugly and she said, "You sound like grandma" (Grandma was not a nice lady who hated Reagan and worshipped Clinton) I was stunned to be called a liberal. We haven't spoken since. My mom didn't get involved to try to keep the peace.

Wed. my mom and I went to St. Pete for the debate and straw poll. We were fired up after watching the corruption at the straw poll and so inspired after hearing Ron Paul speak at The Palladium after the debate. My mom was on the phone with my aunt and couldn't keep her mouth shut. Well... it got ugly between the two of them. My aunt emailed my mom and mentioned that her grandson (my second cousin) is a supporting Ron Paul. My cousin has a pretty important job handling miltary intelligence and knows tons more than the average person. I think he is responsible for getting the daily updates to the Oval Office. He knows more than the average person about our foreign policy and what is really going on. So when he is a Ron Paul supporter then that is a pretty good endorsement in my book!

Anyway, I know lots of military folks support Ron Paul but for me my cousin getting on board meant a lot!

I'm still working on my Navy Seal cousin. He was wounded in Iraq and everything...but he is still unconvinced. This gives me hope though.
Here is his last email:

"I have been watching the GOP debates and I feel Ron Paul is pretty off base on some of the issues. Atleast some that I find near and dear to my heart. I have seen first hand what this government is doing in Iraq and I think Ron Paul is really in the dark on these issues. I am all for pulling the troops out of Iraq but if we do we must use them to secure our borders. The Islamic fanatics we are fighting over there WILL come over here. Im excited to see future debates."

Any suggestions?

me3
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
"I have been watching the GOP debates and I feel Ron Paul is pretty off base on some of the issues. Atleast some that I find near and dear to my heart. I have seen first hand what this government is doing in Iraq and I think Ron Paul is really in the dark on these issues. I am all for pulling the troops out of Iraq but if we do we must use them to secure our borders. The Islamic fanatics we are fighting over there WILL come over here. Im excited to see future debates."

Any suggestions?
Yeah, tell him Dr. Paul is an isolationist. :D

Seriously, that is Dr. Paul's plan. To bring the troops home, and secure America.

Arklatex
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
hillertexas, sounds like you've got him. Let him figure out the rest on his own mostly.

bbachtung
12-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm still working on my Navy Seal cousin. He was wounded in Iraq and everything...but he is still unconvinced. This gives me hope though.
Here is his last email:

Any suggestions?

Ask him how they're going to come over here. It is not as though they have a navy or an air force.

derdy
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Hillertexas, I would give him access to www.ronpaullibrary.org and show him some videos. I don't think the debates are the greatest place to decide who you're going to vote for.

afmatt
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
We are up to 4 people out of about 18 folks in our my "shop" at work that support him :D

zumajoe
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
my ex-Navy Seal friend is for Ron Paul. :)

literatim
12-02-2007, 11:07 PM
For your aunt:

Where Have All the Republicans Gone? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_xH0IODRA)
Ronald Reagan on Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yuzMYIXhTE)

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks guys...this is great. I think there is hope too because he mentions that he thinks we should pull troops out. We'll get him. :)

me3
12-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Tell him about Dr. Paul's record with veterans.

pdavis
12-02-2007, 11:47 PM

Show her this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAt6Pf7jZjA) of the former head of the CIA bin Laden Unit Michael Scheuer at Ron Paul's press conference and this article (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/scheuer6.html) he wrote about Ron Paul.