PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Governor Says Voters Were 'Reckless' to Legalize Marijuana

RonPaulFanInGA
10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/colorado-governor-says-voters-were-reckless-legalize-marijuana-1700049

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper says his state's voters were "reckless" for voting to become the first state to legalize marijuana for recreational use. The Democrat's statement came during a debate Monday with his Republican opponent, Bob Beauprez, just four weeks before voters head to the polls for the state's hotly contested gubernatorial election.

COpatriot
10-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Hick may be an ass, but he is a pretty savvy politician. I expect him to win this one.

As a side note, I just love that numbnuts Bill O'Reilly spouting off brazen propaganda on his show about homeless people "flocking" here just so they can get high.

dannno
10-06-2014, 11:14 PM
As a side note, I just love that numbnuts Bill O'Reilly spouting off brazen propaganda on his show about homeless people "flocking" here just so they can get high.

lol, he has a really good writer for his show.. you can't explain that..

GunnyFreedom
10-06-2014, 11:20 PM
gubuner frikken-stupor

Mani
10-06-2014, 11:44 PM
He says it's reckless because he's worried teens might use it and experience memory loss???

And he made his money as a beer brewery king?

OOKaaay.

Because teens who might use alcohol...Nothing bad ever happens in that scenario....:rolleyes:

If he's so worried about that, why isn't he complaining about beer being illegal?

GunnyFreedom
10-06-2014, 11:52 PM
He says it's reckless because he's worried teens might use it and experience memory loss???

And he made his money as a beer brewery king?

OOKaaay.

Because teens who might use alcohol...Nothing bad ever happens in that scenario....:rolleyes:

If he's so worried about that, why isn't he complaining about beer being illegal?

because he's a chickenpooper.

Antischism
10-07-2014, 01:26 AM
Both candidates are terrible on marijuana.

Shane Harris
10-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Couldn't Colorado do better than these two?

HOLLYWOOD
10-07-2014, 05:09 AM
This Colorado Public Service Debate is sponsored by....

http://kwout.com/cutout/n/ja/en/ife_bor.jpg

RonPaulFanInGA
10-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Hick may be an ass, but he is a pretty savvy politician. I expect him to win this one.

I think he's going to lose, because of gun control and Nathan Dunlap.

otherone
10-07-2014, 06:00 AM

"Spare some change?"

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/south-park-season-11-7-night-of-the-living-homeless-change.jpg

Ronin Truth
10-07-2014, 08:27 AM
How about voters were reckless when they elected him Governor? :p :rolleyes:

Lucille
10-07-2014, 08:59 AM
What's he whining about. It's bringing in a lot of government "revenue," which will help pay for the FSA's vacays to exotic locales (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/06/colorado-welfare-recipients-withdraw-money-in-hawaii-st-thomas-vegas/).

Colorado Kush Rush Continues: Marijuana Store Survey 10 Months On
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-06/colorado-kush-rush-continues-marijuana-store-survey-10-months

In terms of fiscal policy, sales of recreational marijuana have generated a generous revenue stream to the government by way of taxes. Retail taxes add up to 12.9%, while a 15% excise tax is applied at the wholesale level. In fact, the first $40 million collected by the excise tax is devoted to the Colorado state school construction fund on an annual basis. Given these sales and excise taxes and our revenue estimates, we believe tax revenue could total just shy of $100 million through year-end.

This tax revenue estimate may seem steep, but remember, the Colorado Department of Revenue reported the state collected $2.97 million in taxes at the 10% rate for July. Again, steady sales and simple math suggests total sales taxes for this year totaling $35.6 million. If we parse our revenue estimate to just factoring in the 10% sales tax to the state, we get about $35.5 million for the year as well. When accounting for recreational marijuana’s contribution of $5.2 million in sales and excise taxes (less the contribution of sales taxes from medical marijuana), tax revenue adds to $62 million—a bit under our estimate, but not too far off the mark.

mczerone
10-07-2014, 09:29 AM
This should be the true takeaway from his comment: voting, and a monopoly system generally, loses all legitimacy if a person can point out even one bad result (subjectively).

Because if you think the process has produced, through standard process, a bad result, then all results are suspect.

Without a competitive system, you'll always be subject to reckless or arbitrary and capricious rules with no recourse but through the same system that produced nonsensical results.

Ronin Truth
10-07-2014, 09:39 AM

Hey, that's what I ALWAYS ask about the POTUS and COTUS elections. Scrape the bottom of the candidate barrel folks.

Anti-Neocon
10-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Not only is this a stupid comment because the voters made the logical decision, but it's also bad politically (see poll here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/09/colorado-marijuana-legalization_n_5792418.html)). The majority of Colorado residents (55%) and likely voters (50.4%) support the law.

ZENemy
10-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper says his state's voters were "reckless" for doing different than I would do, after all, I am a god

That's better.

DFF
10-07-2014, 04:22 PM
What's he whining about.

The fact that he can't enslave more people over the pretense of helping them.

DamianTV
10-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Must be up for Re-election. Taking the stance of "tough on crime" gets votes. Problem is they always turn back around and label "Crime" as some behavior that isnt actually Criminal, like smokin a bowl at home, responsibly.

Thor
10-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Hick-is-loopy. Double talking, back stabbing, slick political puppet.

Gun issue, MJ... can't trust him. Speaks out of both ass cheeks.

FindLiberty
10-07-2014, 09:06 PM
How about voters were reckless when they elected him Governor? :p :rolleyes:

THIS comment gets my vote.

roho76
10-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Great thing to say to the people who are about to vote for you.

COpatriot
10-08-2014, 12:18 PM

Not really. Between the evangelical amen corner in this county and the California poison that flocked to this state we really have few sane people left here.

Spikender
10-08-2014, 11:04 PM
They're a couple of milky lickers.

GunnyFreedom
10-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Not really. Between the evangelical amen corner in this county and the California poison that flocked to this state we really have few sane people left here.

The devil has used the selfish nature of those who are not in Christ (but who think they are), to do evil in the world and to corrupt the nominal church. So many of these "Christians" will be in for a shock when they stand in the judgement and learn that they have followed only their own fallen and corrupt nature.

Keith and stuff
10-09-2014, 12:51 PM

O'Reilly should tell his homeless friends to go to Seattle instead. It is a lot warmer in the winter and there are a ton of cheap electric buses.

Slave Mentality
10-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey One Armed Pete, let's go freeze our assess off in Colorado so we can legally*get stoned on overpriced buds that we cannot afford!

If I go homeless I will be illegally chiefing in South Beach yo.

A boozer concerned about weed. Idiocracy

Anti Federalist
10-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper says his state's voters were "reckless" for voting to become the first state to legalize marijuana for recreational use.

But...but...democracy.

The people voted, hard.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I'm so confused...