PDA

View Full Version : McCain-Graham Editorial: "To Defeat Islamic State, Remove Assad"

RonPaulFanInGA
10-06-2014, 10:27 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10362228127429084907704580192191250781492.html

Syrians are already asking why we’re bombing ISIS but not stopping Assad’s attacks on them. Good question.

The airstrikes and other actions President Obama is taking against Islamic State deserve bipartisan support. They are beginning to degrade the terrorist group, also known as ISIS, but will not destroy it, for one reason above all: The administration still has no effective policy to remove Bashar Assad from power and end the conflict in Syria.

Administration officials have called their approach “ISIS first.” As for Mr. Assad, in the words of Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, the administration will “defer that challenge into the future.” This is not a luxury we get to choose. And Mr. Obama himself recently said he does “recognize the contradiction” in his own policy—which is that by confronting Islamic State but not Assad, the U.S. may unintentionally benefit the ruler whose ouster he continues, rightly, to demand.

Jackie Moon
10-06-2014, 10:31 PM
"To Defeat Help Islamic State Take Over The Rest Of Syria, Remove Assad"

GunnyFreedom
http://reho.st/http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/great-christmas-randoms-1.jpg?w=500&h=651

William Tell
Lol!:mad:

ghengis86
10-06-2014, 10:53 PM
http://reho.st/http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/great-christmas-randoms-1.jpg?w=500&h=651

chemical weapons didn't work last summer. ISIS/ISIL/IS/CIA-MOSSAD had to step in to get Gen. Wesley Clark's communicated plan into action...all that will be left will be Irab...

twomp
10-06-2014, 10:59 PM
How long before this becomes a talking point on Fox News? Next thing you know, we will have all the GOP rank and file who are at home right now shitting in their pants clamoring for Assad to be removed?

AngryCanadian
10-06-2014, 11:33 PM
They are quite desperate bombing couple :rolleyes:
Oh and look to fully read the article you have to pay for it lol.

devil21
10-07-2014, 01:12 AM
I can't find the piece offhand but Lindsey Graham said about two years ago that the IDF would solely control the US military in the following couple years by law. Anyone else remember that? I think the OP was here.

osan
10-07-2014, 02:12 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10362228127429084907704580192191250781492.html

What disgusts me far more than the corruption of Themme is the corruption of Us.

Americans are supposed to be different; better. If ever we were, we are no longer. What possible excuse have we? While we were never free, we enjoyed average freedoms far and away beyond those of any Empire-yoked people with which I am familiar. The staggering wealth that we built for ourselves and much of which we simply gave to the rest of the world, rightly or wrongly and including that of pure knowledge. Without us, the Chinese would be not much better than a race of macaques, scratching their asses with twigs. The Russians would be running about on horseback with their stupid fur hats on and making nuisances of themselves. The Europeans would have remained the superstitious, church-conquered apes to which they'd been reduced for 1500 years.

We, the brash Americans, brought all this alteration of mind to the world, for better or worse. We have always had the choice whether to become better and to work our ways ever toward that shining goal of actual freedom. We alone among the manacled peoples of Empire possessed the open and clear potential to evolve ourselves to the standard of the so-called "primitive" man where respect for the sovereignty of all men sourced not primarily from fear of the base consequences of trespass, but rather from true and abiding senses of love and awe for the gifts of inherently free life, experienced not only directly through one's own existence, but vicariously through his fellows' joy. All this while laid at our feet the open and free ability to choose between the path that affirms life and the one that demeans and destroys it; by and large we choose the latter. We chose fear, avarice, ignorance, and lassitude, all traits of the weak man masquerading as the strong. We CHOSE it. Nobody forced it upon us. We willfully chose it over strength and love and joy and kindness and intelligence and goodly pride and sweet humility and mindful thanks to the Source of all that is the miracle of life. We have defiled God's greatest, kindest, gentlest, and most generous gift of love, affection, and heartfelt regard. Our self-granted reward has been life pitiably degraded to a state of mere existence in a world stricken by endless and technologically-enabled warfare. Our greatest claim to pride is now the grotesque litany of depravedly creative ways in which we now murder each other by the millions. We live in a state of bottomless self-contempt as we sit idly by, watching from behind our drawn curtains as some of us beat and rob and murder far too many of our fellows. We timidly watch with a mix of morbid fascination and the sense of relief that we are not on the receiving end of unwanted attentions.

The conceptually collective "we" deserve the licking we're getting and the attendant miseries because we have chosen all of this for ourselves through our corrupted senses of tolerance of that which is wicked and often openly evil, whether explicitly or otherwise. We have lost our way, our love, and our courage - all traded away for the gift of lies that are the assurances of "safety" and "security". We damn ourselves with every breath and heartbeat for our willful refusal to recognize, accept, and act in accord with the few and most intuitively obvious implications of the basic truths that illuminate and delimit that which is right from all the rest. Half the time I do know whether to cry or burn with rage for the disgust I experience at the thought of all this senseless waste and destruction. But mark me when I predict that this will become far and away worse before it gets better, if ever it even improves an iota, for it seems at times to me that we are hovering at that nexus from which a certain choice will lead to a land of no return. Mark this well and remember what your own choice was at this time in the likely event we choose the wrong prong of the fork.