PDA

View Full Version : $52k a year? Why?

asmartchimp
12-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I fully support the blimp but the only problem I have are the planned salaries. I don't think many people here realize how hard it is to manage a company that is already doing all of managing of the blimp. That is why I propose that we should bump up the salaries to at least $150k a year. If we can show that we can spend over a million dollars a month frivolously, it will truly show the power of the grassroots to the media and undecided voters.

steph3n
12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
ummmm, lets take things a bit slower :) a day at a time :D

llamabread
12-02-2007, 09:28 PM
If you don't have anything nice to say...

TCrage
12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
I fully support the blimp but the only problem I have are the planned salaries. I don't think many people here realize how hard it is to manage a company that is already doing all of managing of the blimp. That is why I propose that we should bump up the salaries to at least $150k a year. If we can show that we can spend over a million dollars a month frivolously, it will truly show the power of the grassroots to the media and undecided voters.

Could we also fit it with nukes and send it to Iran?

Mental Dribble
12-02-2007, 09:31 PM
asmart your not doing anyone or Paul any good with negative talk. either Support it or dont, but to degrade people and the movement doesn't help anyone! If you dont want to donate thats great but lets not turn this grassroots into a mess.

Cyclone
12-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Why do we need a company? When we run newspaper ads we don't buy a newspaper.

Or is it that our work, the rest of the grass roots are just slaves and the great mr. lyman deserves our money? It appears whether we approve or not, they are going to take our money and pay themselves. I guess we need stronger contracts around here when we agree to help each other. it appears that trust can no longer be counted on.

steph3n
12-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Or is it that our work, the rest of the grass roots are just slaves and the great mr. lyman deserves our money? It appears whether we approve or not, they are going to take our money and pay themselves. I guess we need stronger contracts around here when we agree to help each other. it appears that trust can no longer be counted on.

we are a country with insane laws.

McDermit
12-02-2007, 09:34 PM
lol

rory096
12-02-2007, 09:35 PM

When the USA Today ad was run it was a single donor, so there were no legal problems. Here if we created a PAC it would have to draw donations away from the official campaign because there would be limits. Structuring it as a for-profit advertising agency gets rid of all those problems, and giving the guys running it salaries allows them to maximize the effect of the blimp.

synthetic
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
This thread is Chuck Norris approved.