PDA

View Full Version : Rand's "Plan B" for pro-life critics (contraceptive)

Matt Collins
10-05-2014, 11:52 AM
There is a lot of confusion and misinformation on the Plan B contraceptive issue....

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/05/rand-paul-s-plan-b-for-pro-life-critics.html

10-05-2014, 12:25 PM
It's just a strong dose of birth control.

There is no way to become potus opposed to birth control.

Peace&Freedom
10-05-2014, 12:37 PM
It's just a strong dose of birth control.

There is no way to become potus opposed to birth control.

Some products are wrongly defined as contraceptives, when they are actually abortion agents. The real problem is, the Democratic strategy is to paint all Republicans as opposed to birth control. Note how the wedge issue was flatly manufactured and pushed onto Republicans during the 2011-12 primary debates by the MSM. The point was and is to set the framework to define GOP candidates as "having a problem with women," regardless of their stands. Rand has been correct to respond with "Hillary has a problem with women" as a counter framework.

Brett85
10-05-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm about as pro life as you can possibly get, but I think it's just absurd that social conservatives are attacking Rand for this. Now I guess in order to be opposed to abortion and call yourself pro life, you have to be opposed to contraception as well. Good luck getting elected on that platform.

Crashland
10-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Platforming against the morning after pill, even if it were universally agreed on that it was 'abortion' as opposed to 'contraception', is a sure loser. 66% support making plan B accessible to women over age 15 without a prescription.
http://today.yougov.com/news/2013/05/08/plan-b-66-support-making-morning-after-pill-availa/

Plus it would play right into the Democrats hands if Hillary were the nominee.

Lucille
10-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Ron schooled conservatives on this issue at least twice during the debates. I guess they're ineducable just like their prog counterparts.

alucard13mm
10-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Let is misinformation begin.

WD-NY
10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
A quasi-negative piece on Rand in the DailyBeast ... must be by Olivia Nuzzi. :: opens article :: yep, Nuzzi ftw! Lol