PDA

View Full Version : Would you donate to buy a Reagan=Paul tv advertisement?

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Would you be willing to donate to buy a television advertisement showing the similarities of Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul, and how Reagan approved of Paul's stances?

(Assume the details are good, like a site, donating, pledging, safety of donations, etc., this is just about popular opinion to see if a lot of people like or dislike the idea)

dcatman
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Would you be willing to donate to buy a television advertisement showing the similarities of Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul, and how Reagan approved of Paul's stances?

(Assume the details are good, like a site, donating, pledging, safety of donations, etc., this is just about popular opinion to see if a lot of people like or dislike the idea)

Absolutely!

icon124
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
I would for sure...everyone refers to Regan...and if we could show people that regan liked paul then i'm pretty sure we would get some people to our side :)

winston_blade
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
We should get a Reagan ad in the early primary states ASAP.

Flash
12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I would. I would like if we used this one with the ending cut off:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YyXW1hb-JQg

Instead of "Go Ron Paul" it should say like "RonPaul2008.com Hope for America"

mmink15
12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I voted No, I think it would turn off Dems and Independents we could gain. He has tried to push the Reagan thing in debates and it doesn't get the response his main message gets. I say we keep the focus on his message not who he is associated with.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I voted No, I think it would turn off Dems and Independents we could gain. He has tried to push the Reagan thing in debates and it doesn't get the response his main message gets. I say we keep the focus on his message not who he is associated with.

If thats true for Iowa and New Hampshire we won't use it in those states.

But I know for a fact that is absolutely not true here in SC. This is a die-hard republican state where Reagan is looked at the same way as like Jefferson, even by lots of Democrats, so it will gain us a lot of voters here.

In South Carolina we won't be able to even get close to winning if we depend on independants and democrats. And the democrats here won't switch over because they mainly people that are stuck in the old days from way back when the Democrats were conservative, so they still think thats a good party.

What we must get in SC is the typical, Republican voter, not independants and democrats, and this IS the way to do that.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
bum

Edit: p

lol

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 09:47 PM
bump

It looks like most people seem to be in favor of this. Anyone want to start working on potential ads for this?

And should we go through the blimp people to promote this?

Adamsa
12-02-2007, 09:48 PM
As long as it's polished.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Well if people make some different potential ads I'm sure we will have a good one to choose.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
bump

If we want this we need to get to talking about the details of how this is going to happen because I don't know how to make it happen....

I heard the company made for the blimp could do this advertisement once we get a video chosen?

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
bump

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
bump

Sandra
12-02-2007, 11:41 PM
I was a Reagan fan only for his FIRST term.

Henry
12-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I would if the campaign staff is not involved.:(

lasenorita
12-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Maybe not a Reagan=Paul. I prefer a Reagan--->Paul or even Reagan<Paul. :p

I think the idea is good if it's broadcast in heavily Republican areas. I really like the first part of the Ronald Reagan video so if that's polished up a bit, I'd definitely donate. :)

bgoldwater
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
How bout a 1976 Reagan=Paul, not a post 1980 Reagan

Lord Xar
12-03-2007, 12:15 AM
The ad would need to be professional, clean and effective.

LibertyRevolution
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I voted no, becuase im only a republican becuase of Ron Paul. Everytime I hear Ron Paul compair his policey to Bush or any other Republican, it makes my stomach drop.

Conza88
12-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Ron Paul = fken PWNS Reagan.

Wtf is with ppl liking Reagan.. IRAN CONTRA affair; yea that sums him up. All politicians can suck my nuts, they got shit on Ron Paul..

Comparing Reagan to Ron Paul - is a TOTAL disservice to Ron Paul. RP FTW

justinc.1089
12-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah well that may be how you feel but Reagan is still the hero of the Republican party to most Republicans, and him and Paul did agree on a lot of things, and making an advertisement like this would gain a LOT of votes for him.

Jojo
12-03-2007, 10:24 AM

+1

Question_Authority
12-03-2007, 10:35 AM
I think comparing Ron Paul to Reagan is a downgrade for Paul. Regan's administration had many scandals and Reagan was hawkish as well. He did not reduce the size of the federal government either.

I never understood why Paul wanted to associate with him so much. Maybe it was to attract hard core Republicans. Well, we know that ship has sailed, so let's focus on independents. They don't care much about Reagan.

reduen
12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
This would be great! Every Conservative that I know thinks that Ronald Reagan was God's gift to America and the others like him as well. (Independants, Dems. etc..)

Associating the good Dr. with Reagan could be nothing but good!

RevolutionSD
12-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Lots of people HATE Ronald Reagan. I don't like the idea. 50+ year old republicans like Reagan but they don't understand that Reaganomics was really bad for our country. The debt ceiling was raised by Reagan and started some of the problems we have today.

RP would be 1000x better president than Reagan so why do this?

literatim
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I absolutely want to see this done

perpetualstateofwar
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Absolutely! When 61% of Republicans in NH say they would never vote for him then that is a problem. An ad with the pics of him with Reagan and quotes of Reagan's endorsement of him would really help him among Republicans. This would make alot more difference than a stupid blimp.

For those who oppose be aware the Paul campaign is selling slim jims promoting his connection with Reagan.

klamath
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Reagan was huge in NH with independents. We are looking for votes here people. Where is the best place to mine votes? Did RP support Carter in '76/'80. No. He supported RR.
Reagan had his problems but a lot of voters liked him. I was trying to convert a lady to RP the other day and mentioned how I had voted for bush. She said she never did for bush or his father but she did vote for Reagan. Now she and her husband are voting for Hilary. For you people talking about turning democrats off with a reagan ad please show me the droves of democrats changing the registration to vote RP. On the average the democrats believe in all the wars if they are in charge and can label the wars humanitarian and they sure as heck don't want to cut any demestic programs.

justinc.1089
12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Lots of people HATE Ronald Reagan. I don't like the idea. 50+ year old republicans like Reagan but they don't understand that Reaganomics was really bad for our country. The debt ceiling was raised by Reagan and started some of the problems we have today.

RP would be 1000x better president than Reagan so why do this?

Because Reagan is the hero of the typical hardcore Republican voter, especially down here in SC.

This would gain us tremendous numbers of votes at least here in SC, so if you guys think it would lose indepents in Iowa or NH, which I doubt it would, then don't you think its a good idea for SC since that won't matter in SC?

If Reagan=Hero to the typical Republican voter, then that means if Paul=Reagan then Paul=Hero to the typical Republican voter, just like he is our hero!

Phoenix Revolution
12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Ronald Reagan was not a great president, one he had who as the vp?

I lived through the 80s and he's overrated.

911cartoon
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
guys what do you think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUz2mDyBc0

Danny Molina
12-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I like it!

klamath
12-03-2007, 09:27 PM

I like it but the blurring around RP's head was a little bad. Smooth that up and I think it would great.

911cartoon
12-03-2007, 09:35 PM
alright well if its going anywhere besides youtube I sure will ;)

justinc.1089
12-03-2007, 10:00 PM

I think its great, and tv ready. Good work!

tamor
12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Use the fact that the other candidates refer to Reagan -- with the question "And who is this group sat down with Reagan and shared similar ideas of freedom for individuals -- Ron Paul".
Of course you would have to check the facts -- OR RP could say "I want to thank the other candidates references to President Reagan, and when he and I talked , we shared many of the same beliefs such as freedom, smaller government, and individual rights. Just some ideas-

roversaurus
12-03-2007, 10:09 PM
I donated to the campaign already.
Why don't they air all the different ads that have been created?
There are at least 5 independent ads that are awesome.
Why don't they just mix them in with the ad rotation they are normally purchasing?

The multitude of ads would INCREASE name recognition.
If the viewer sees the same ad over and over again they WILL TUNE IT OUT.

We need all these ads on the air!

tamor
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
It is not an issue of how great Reagan was or was not, it is the idea the other candidates use Reagan as someone they respect and are similar to. For those who lived through the Reagan years, we know that his wife Nancy was a large influence of what went on in that White House.

justinc.1089
12-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I agree with you that ads should be rotated. I think there are some useable ads made that are on youtube, so the campaign should take advantage of that and save some money.

Another thing regarding ads we desperately need is some television ads in South Carolina! Thompson and Romney have been running them here for like forever, and Thompson's are really, really good too. And now Huckabee is running ads once in awhile here!

-----Thats extremely bad for us!!!! Huckabee is EXACTLY what SC wants, so if they see him running ads his votes will double probably!-----

We need very conservative type ads being ran on tv here to counter the MSM's attacks on Paul because SC buys that stuff more than anywhere else.

I think a Reagan type ad like we're talking about would be a great thing to do for SC too for a conservative type ad.