PDA

View Full Version : David Stockman: Rand Paul is the one guy in Washington speaking truth to power

jct74
10-04-2014, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOD0qoTTDtE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOD0qoTTDtE

Inkblots
10-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Great stuff. Let's just hope the boobgeoisie is listening...

idiom
10-04-2014, 08:00 PM
I thought we had like... at least two now...

Inkblots
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I thought we had like... at least two now...

Of course there are more than a few, but he obviously meant Rand is the only nationally prominent figure saying these things. Only a tiny fraction of people who have heard of Rand would be aware of Justin Amash or Thomas Massie, for example.

alucard13mm
10-04-2014, 10:13 PM
lol.. at the end, I would've said "Bitch please. Hillary Clinton?"

Lucille
10-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Jim Quinn had dinner with him this weekend, the lucky bastard. I keep wondering why Stockman hasn't run for office.

Paul-Stockman 2016!

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/10/04/uneasy-in-nyc/

It was like we had a mind-meld as we discussed the markets, the Fed, and the enormous debt load that will eventually destroy our economic system. We just naturally moved from subject to subject, while our wives listened or talked about other things. I never have the opportunity to talk with someone who is as interested in financial markets and economics as me. And here I was discussing these issues with one of the greatest financial minds of our generation. I told him his book The Great Deformation should be a required textbook for high school and college economics courses. We talked about Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, the failure of the New Deal to end the Great Depression, the failure of Keynesian solutions to end our Greater Depression, and the foolishness of trying to solve a debt problem with more debt.

Our viewpoints are almost perfectly in sync. He is a proponent of the Austrian School of economics and his position on our foreign interventionism is identical to Ron Paul’s. We talked about the idiocy of our Middle East wars of choice and how we armed ISIS to fight our enemy Assad and now are fighting both at the same time. We agreed that all the war mongering and terrorists created out of thin air is nothing but a cover for controlling “our” Middle East oil. We share a deep seated anger at the people running the Federal Reserve and how they have enriched the bankers at the expense of middle class. I described the impact of ZIRP on my senior citizen mother and he concurred that benefiting debtors at the expense of savers is the exact wrong thing to do. He admitted that he doesn’t know when the next financial crisis will hit, but he is sure it will be even worse than the 2008/2009 debacle.

David and his wife were interested in my background. Jennifer was particularly curious as to why I did this, since I had a full-time job and I certainly wasn’t doing it for the money. I had to think about it for a second, but I responded that I was pissed off about what was happening in the country and was spurred to write after seeing Ron Paul so mistreated during the 2008 Republican primaries. I told them I lost faith in the system and our leaders after the 2003 invasion of Iraq proved to be under false pretenses. I also laid my IKEA saga on them. It was amazing to me that they were interested in my story and my viewpoint. We had a long discussion about the bleak future of retail, the amount of square feet that will go dark, the bankruptcy of developers and the losses to be incurred by banks.