PDA

View Full Version : A Democrat is on Rand Paul's bipartisan reading list

jct74
10-04-2014, 10:26 AM
A Democrat is on Rand Paul's bipartisan reading list

James R. Carroll
4:25 p.m. EDT October 3, 2014

WASHINGTON - At first, it was a bit surprising to see New York Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's new book sitting on the desk of Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul.

But there it was, "Off the Sidelines: Raise Your Voice, Change the World," right at Paul's elbow on his Capitol Hill office desk.

When I spotted it, Paul playfully posed with it for a picture.

And, it turns out, Gillibrand wrote a lengthy inscription to Paul and his wife, Kelley, on the front fly leaf. I saw it but could not read it before Paul gently closed the cover. He considers that personal, not public.

read more:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/politics-blog/2014/10/03/kirsten-gillibrand-is-on-rand-pauls-bipartisan-reading-list/16658009/

Vanguard101
10-04-2014, 04:50 PM
He should have mailed her Man, Economy, and State. With P/M

Inkblots
10-04-2014, 07:35 PM
He should have mailed her Man, Economy, and State. With P/M

That's rather a heavy lift for a beginner. While I'm sure Ms. Gillibrand is a smart lady, he'd do better starting her off with Economics in One Lesson, How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes, or, heck, End the Fed.

green73
10-04-2014, 07:44 PM
That's rather a heavy lift for a beginner. While I'm sure Ms. Gillibrand is a smart lady, he'd do better starting her off with Economics in One Lesson, How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes, or, heck, End the Fed.

He's being sarcastic. He hates austro-libertarianism.

maybemaybenot
10-04-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't know how the f Rand does it, but the man appeals to everyone. I'm constantly afraid that he's going to say something stupid because of the civil rights controversy yrs ago, and all of a sudden that's irrelevant, he's black ppl's favorite Republican ever. Its crazy. Is he playing the simpleton to make a pt about appealing to everyone? Does he purposely say stupid things in some sympathetic way, so even liberals can think he's adorable?

idiom
10-04-2014, 08:03 PM
I don't know how the f Rand does it, but the man appeals to everyone. I'm constantly afraid that he's going to say something stupid because of the civil rights controversy yrs ago, and all of a sudden that's irrelevant, he's black ppl's favorite Republican ever. Its crazy. Is he playing the simpleton to make a pt about appealing to everyone? Does he purposely say stupid things in some sympathetic way, so even liberals can think he's adorable?

How is 'lets be a little less dickish to black people' a stupid thing?

Vanguard101
10-04-2014, 08:31 PM
He's being sarcastic. He hates austro-libertarianism.

I was actually being serious. I forget how stupid you are though.

Spikender
10-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Word.

Rand is clearly becoming Presidential Material at a rapid rate, there ain't no stoppin' him now, he's on the move.

philipped
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Word.

Rand is clearly becoming Presidential Material at a rapid rate, there ain't no stoppin' him now, he's on the move.

It's about to be a movie.