PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina letter writing campaign

sluggo
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
From www.ronpaul2008.com:

Our momentum keeps building and we need your help to continue this epic trend. Recent polls show Dr. Paul has skyrocketed up 6% in South Carolina, closing the gap between the “front runners” to almost single digits, and today you brought us over the ten million dollars mark! Without the amazing support and sacrifices made by you, our supporters, we would never experience such success and for that we can not thank you enough.

The lyrics “No I won’t back down” as sung by Tom Petty come to mind during this crucial time in our campaign; we have all given so much, but we must not back down. We are starting a new program called “Mail SC!” and we need as many supporters as possible to help out. All you have to do is send an email to sc@ronpaul2008.com and request the amount of names that you are willing to mail, and the SC staff will get you an excel database right away. The more people we have participate in this, the higher we will see both our fundraising and poll numbers continue to climb. Please do not back down at this vital time and please lend just a little bit more of your time to our shared cause.

Contact sc@ronpaul2008.com for your addresses!

sluggo
12-03-2007, 04:56 AM
bump

noztnac
12-03-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm from South Carolina. The big issues are
1. Protection of the second amendment
2. Pro life
3. Low taxes

The big threat is going to come from Huckabee.
Fred Thompson could also be a problem unless they find about the red truck deal.

Many South Carolinians don't know the following:

Huckabee is a big taxer
Fred uses a red pickup truck as a prop
Giuliani is pro choice, pro gun control, married his cousin and *** (Note the Ravanel scandal!!!)
Ravanel is from SC.
Romney is a Mormon and has flip flopped on abortion

I hate to say this but many South Carolinians respond to negative ads.

Some famous South Carolinians- Joe Frazier, Andie McDowell, Mark Sanford, James Brown, Hootie and the Blowfish

noztnac
12-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Also...almost forgot

Football is very, very popular.

Someone should seek an endorsement from either Tommy Bowden (Clemson)
or Steve Spurrier (South Carolina)

Ron Paul is a Duke (in North Carolina) graduate. Someone should try to mobilize the Cameron Crazies or get an endorsement from Coach K. (No I don't know how to spell it.)

Also don't forget

the Carolina Hurricanes (Hockey team)
bikers (motorcycle riders) Lots in SC and they all hate helmet laws

golfers (Golf is hugely popular in SC, Hilton Head & Myrtle Beach in particular)

Someone should contact the Southern Avenger (radio personality who supports Ron Paul) He look like a jackass w/mexican wrestling mask but he does it for publicity and his show is a legitimate political discussion show.

Art Bell/ George Noory Coast to Coast is very popular with South Carolinians as are Glenn Beck's show and the Alex Jones show.

noztnac
12-03-2007, 06:53 AM
States Rights

South Carolina is one of the few right to work states left.

noztnac
12-03-2007, 06:55 AM
bump

sluggo
12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm going to stick a slim jim and a gun owners flyer in with my letter.

CableNewsJunkie
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
From www.ronpaul2008.com:

Our momentum keeps building and we need your help to continue this epic trend. Recent polls show Dr. Paul has skyrocketed up 6% in South Carolina, closing the gap between the “front runners” to almost single digits, and today you brought us over the ten million dollars mark! Without the amazing support and sacrifices made by you, our supporters, we would never experience such success and for that we can not thank you enough.

The lyrics “No I won’t back down” as sung by Tom Petty come to mind during this crucial time in our campaign; we have all given so much, but we must not back down. We are starting a new program called “Mail SC!” and we need as many supporters as possible to help out. All you have to do is send an email to sc@ronpaul2008.com and request the amount of names that you are willing to mail, and the SC staff will get you an excel database right away. The more people we have participate in this, the higher we will see both our fundraising and poll numbers continue to climb. Please do not back down at this vital time and please lend just a little bit more of your time to our shared cause.

Contact sc@ronpaul2008.com for your addresses!

Mention Dr. Paul's pro-2nd Amendment credentials and voting record, his record on taxes, his commitment to immigration reform (remind them of Sen. Lindsey Graham's non-commitment), and his commitment to REAL CHANGE in Washington.

Tell them how betrayed you feel by many Republicans that were elected to change the profligate spending and wasteful nature of government.

Currently, I think RP's stance on the war is probably a deal-breaker for many Republicans here that know who he is. One way to encourage pro-war Republicans look at it is that we still have about one more year until the election and a little over a year until the next president is inaugurated. This time will be used to solidify our successes in Iraq. By that point, we will hopefully be ready to pack it up and come home, just in time for a true conservative to take office.

In my case, I'm still pro-war to an extent. I began noticing the inefficiencies with the way the war was being fought back in 2004-2005. If Dr. Paul wasn't in the race, I'd probably vote for Duncan Hunter. But then Dr. Paul came along and I examined what he stood for, and I liked 95% of it. The war is pretty much the only issue I'm a little squeamish about, but I'm open to new ideas and realize that we don't have to occupy a foreign country to fight small groups of radicals.

So I'm determined not to be a SINGLE-ISSUE VOTER in this election. And I'm determined not to let the media decide this election for me.

Make sure to include web addresses of prominent pro-Paul websites:
www.ronpaul2008.com
www.ronpaulnation.com
www.ronpaullibrary.org
www.dailypaul.com
www.ronpaulforums.com
(just a suggestion)

sluggo
12-03-2007, 07:25 PM
bump

sluggo
12-04-2007, 08:41 AM
bump

hillertexas
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
bump

sluggo
12-05-2007, 07:10 AM
bump

sluggo
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
yet another bump

work2win
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
will these be registered republicans we'll be writing to?

If so, I think we might see some benefit from tactfully exposing the other candidates, something I don't usually go for. Maybe somethign along the lines of "I was looking at Huckabee until I found out he pushed benefits for illegal aliens, and had a reputation as "tax hike mike."

Ron's civil war position should be a real winner here! When in recent times have we seen a presidential candidate say that the civil war was unnecessary?

I think I'd probably start my letter with a strong emphasis on States Rights and take it from there.

work2win
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Another thing....It would probably pay off to explain how RP is STRONGER on national defense. Explain how you are a convert, etc.

dsentell
12-05-2007, 07:28 PM
another bump ! ! !

sluggo
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
will these be registered republicans we'll be writing to?

If so, I think we might see some benefit from tactfully exposing the other candidates, something I don't usually go for. Maybe somethign along the lines of "I was looking at Huckabee until I found out he pushed benefits for illegal aliens, and had a reputation as "tax hike mike."

Ron's civil war position should be a real winner here! When in recent times have we seen a presidential candidate say that the civil war was unnecessary?

I think I'd probably start my letter with a strong emphasis on States Rights and take it from there.

Brian Gentry, the SC coordinator, said that they were a mix of strong republicans, weak republicans, and independents. So an emphasis on states rights, gun control, taxes and possibly immigration might be successful. But I live in NC, so what do I know? :p

And BTW, Mr. Gentry said that so far 5000 addresses have been distributed. Let's make it 20,000 ASAP!!!

sluggo
12-06-2007, 05:42 PM
bump

DirtMcGirt
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Is there any bass fishing conventions coming up down there? They love to fish in south cakalaka

sluggo
12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
yet another bump

kotetu
12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
nice job guys! keep it up! we're gonna WIN! :D

sluggo
12-09-2007, 09:11 AM
bump

rs3515
12-09-2007, 07:18 PM
FYI, I've been in contact with Brian trying to get the names available through the website. Hopefully they will be on there soon. Keep a look out for it!

http://www.rp-supporters.com/letters.html

sluggo
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
bump

sluggo
12-14-2007, 12:52 PM
yet another bump.

I believe we can win SC if we get the word out in time.

sluggo
12-15-2007, 06:27 AM
bumping again.

In case you guys needed something to do to kill time before the Tea Party.

MozoVote
12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
bump. Sent a request for some SC addresses today.

MozoVote
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
double bump. Got my addresses. The campaign staff is answering requests, even on Tea Party Eve. :)

rs3515
12-16-2007, 04:34 AM
Hey in case anyone doesn't know, SC addresses are available on the website, courtesy of Brian:

http://www.rp-supporters.com/letters.html

kotetu
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Keep it up guys! We're making a big difference!

DesignerJoes
12-22-2007, 01:16 PM
bumpity bump bump bump...

DesignerJoes
12-22-2007, 01:21 PM
ok this thread is dead...where do I go to find people wanting to actively campaign for paul in south carolina.

DesignerJoes
12-22-2007, 01:23 PM
seriously, dont we need to identify where the majority of registered republicans are First !? ... then go there and campaign on the roads leading to there... this seems fairly simple, just requires some elbow grease ??

sluggo
12-22-2007, 01:44 PM
The addresses are for registered Republicans and Independents. I wish more people were getting involved, too.......:(

MozoVote
12-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I just got my first letter back from someone. Are you ready for this?

My name is /recipient/, I am a Republican. I am not a Libertarian. I will not vote for Ron Paul. He is a Libertarian, and beside that he is a big dummy, His Hope for America is a Big Joke.

I am 77 years old, I have served my country 12 years, and I love my country, and I just hope and pray the likes of Ron Paul will never be able to change the freedom that we enjoy.

As a volunteer for such a dummy, you would be well to readup on what this so called man stands for. You have been taken in by false information. PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM RON PAUL's MAILING LIST.

Whew. Well I guess I helped let that fella blow off some steam, huh?

It's also amazing how angry some people get about Libertarianism. It's like this voter is channeling Wolf Blitzer here ... no matter how many times Ron Paul is elected as a Republican, he is forever a nasty, despicable =gasp= Libertarian!

I think I'll finish up my SC letters tonight. At least I now know the letters are being read. ;)

sluggo
12-22-2007, 05:03 PM

Whew. Well I guess I helped let that fella blow of some steam, huh?

It's also amazing how angry some people get about Libertarianism. It's like this voter is channeling Wolf Blitzer here ... no matter how many times Ron Paul is elected asa Republican, he is forever a nasty, dispicable =gasp= Libertarian!

I think I'll finish up my SC letters tonight. At least I now know the letters are being read. ;)

Haha! :D

Old and brainwashed. Like most of the GOP's voting pool.....

rs3515
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM

LOL that's hilarious. I can't believe he was so worked up about it that he needed to use 41 cents and make sure to send you a letter. You must have really got him going!

Hey, maybe you should write back ... you might have a new penpal. ;)