PDA

View Full Version : Dana Interviewed Dr. Ben Carson About Ebola and His Controversial 2nd Amendment Statement

TaftFan
10-04-2014, 01:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7iTH1ViZuU

sparebulb
10-04-2014, 08:06 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/herman-cain-smile.gif

CaptUSA
10-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Not even close, sparebulb. Not even close.

sparebulb
10-04-2014, 08:42 AM

We shall see. Plus, I like the sound of Mr. Dr. Ben Carson CEO.

CaptUSA
10-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Really, I'm trying to see a connection between Ben Carson and Herman Cain other than the "R" beside their name and the color of their skin and I'm not really seeing it.

Maybe, their last names both begin with "C" and end with "N"???

I keep hearing people comparing the two, I want to know why.

sparebulb
10-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Really, I'm trying to see a connection between Ben Carson and Herman Cain other than the "R" beside their name and the color of their skin and I'm not really seeing it.

Maybe, their last names both begin with "C" and end with "N"???

I keep hearing people comparing the two, I want to know why.

Both are alleged to be grassroots candidates, but in reality, they are crass created "inverse-obama" RINO negrotrons of the establishment that are thrown up against the wall (us), and see if they stick. As in every case, these creations, black, white, or other, are always shallow, programmed, and flawed.

And yes, I suppose I show the Mr. Herman Cain CEO picture repeatedly because of their race. Plus, I love the picture. I see it as an almost perfect image of smugness malevolence and perversion. But I also assume that others can read into the picture the similarities of the two outside of race.

CaptUSA
10-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Both are alleged to be grassroots candidates, but in reality, they are crass created "inverse-obama" RINO negrotrons of the establishment that are thrown up against the wall (us), and see if they stick. As in every case, these creations, black, white, or other, are always shallow, programmed, and flawed.

So, basically, you really have no clue. Carson is flawed, I'll give you that, but who isn't? The idea that he was a creation of the establishment is wholly unfounded. Maybe try picking up one of his books and then tell me if you have the same impression. I really think your ignorance on the matter extends far beyond his race.

pessimist
10-04-2014, 05:45 PM
I used to see that lady on cable news all the time- I always thought she was really cute, but I was particularly drawn to her combative personality and obvious intelligence. I immediately thought she was liberal/progressive type, but when I listened to what she was saying, I realized she was doing nothing but spouting GOP talking points.

So my first thought was "wow this chick must be married to a Republican or something", so I looked her up, and sure enough she was. The dude looked douchey, btw. I later discovered that she was liberal "until 9-11". lol

Acala
10-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Wow. He sucks on gun rights.

presence
10-04-2014, 05:54 PM
RINO negrotrons

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/56000/Rhinoceros-Transformer-56327.jpg

sparebulb
10-04-2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/56000/Rhinoceros-Transformer-56327.jpg

I was trying to coin a new concept/catchphrase. I settled on "RINO negrotron", but I considered "establishment negrobot" and "neo-gro". I don't think that any of them are going to take, but it is the thought that counts.

sparebulb
10-04-2014, 06:35 PM
So, basically, you really have no clue. Carson is flawed, I'll give you that, but who isn't? The idea that he was a creation of the establishment is wholly unfounded. Maybe try picking up one of his books and then tell me if you have the same impression. I really think your ignorance on the matter extends far beyond his race.

Sorry to dis your man.

But until this website is changed to bencarsonforums.com, I will continue to dis your man. Nothing personal.

William Tell
10-04-2014, 06:48 PM

Yeah, Herman Cain may well be actually Pro Gun.

sparebulb
10-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Yeah, Herman Cain may well be actually Pro Gun.

I believe you are correct.

Krugminator2
10-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I don't hate Ben Carson. I think he is probably an ally. But I feel like I must be missing something. I don't find him to be all that well informed when he gets asked to offer his opinion on specific issues or really have anything profound to say at all. People say he is such an inspiring speaker. I would say his speaking ability is on par with Gary Johnson, which is not a compliment.

I think there is exactly one reason why he has gained as much popularity as he has. And I sure as heck am not going to verbalize it.

CaptUSA
10-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Sorry to dis your man.

But until this website is changed to bencarsonforums.com, I will continue to dis your man. Nothing personal.Understand that Ben Carson is not "my man". There are several issues where he has yet to fully contemplate. Most notably, guns and drugs. You have to understand his frame of reference on those, though, growing up in the inner city. He was raised with the negative connotations of both of those things his entire childhood.

That being said, he is way better than Herman Cain who was the Chairman of the Fed in KC. There is really no ideological comparison between the two and you would realize that if you would read his books. He has a sound understanding of history. His knowledge is pretty vast. (Whereas Cain's knowledge seems pretty shallow.)

Here, do this. This is long, but you should really watch it before you continue with your ignorance. Hopefully, it will give you a little more insight into he actually is instead of the caricature you've built up in your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VabSFBQjT7U

Now. Realize that I still don't think he is a great candidate. But he strikes the same chord with people that we can be striking as well. Instead of trashing him, we should understand how we can cultivate a coalition.

jmdrake
10-05-2014, 07:19 AM

And yes, I suppose I show the Mr. Herman Cain CEO picture repeatedly because of their race. Plus, I love the picture. I see it as an almost perfect image of smugness malevolence and perversion. But I also assume that others can read into the picture the similarities of the two outside of race.

negrotrons? :rolleyes: Right. The "establishment" loves republicans who are antiwar and like Rand Paul. Should I ever run for office I know I'll be able to count on you to call me a crass RINO "negrotron" and repeatedly show my face next to Herman Cain's so that people can know that he's black and so am I. So much for the idea that the liberty movement is color blind.

jmdrake
10-05-2014, 07:44 AM
I don't hate Ben Carson. I think he is probably an ally. But I feel like I must be missing something. I don't find him to be all that well informed when he gets asked to offer his opinion on specific issues or really have anything profound to say at all. People say he is such an inspiring speaker. I would say his speaking ability is on par with Gary Johnson, which is not a compliment.

I felt inspired here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuDn_KZTUFo

That said, he hasn't thought through everything. I don't think he understands gun control, and more importantly the futility of trying to address "gun violence." It's violence period[/d] that needs to be addressed. The fact that violence can be perpetrated by a gun is irrelevant. You can pass laws saying "crazy people can't have guns" but you can't enforce those laws without infringing on the rights of sane people. Thumb scanning for guns? I won't accept thumb scanning for my cell phone. (Sorry Apple). And people already have the ability to create "ghost guns" at home. Should "smart guns" become the "law" that will simply drive the home gun manufacturing culture/market further. And if he's worried about federal abuse of a gun registry then he ought to be concerned about federal abuse of backdoors that will inevitably be on the chips of "smart guns". And further how is this even supposed to work? Are you supposed to initially "thumbscan" at the gun store? If not then how can the rest of us be sure you're not just going to straw purchase your gun and sell it to a criminal or crazy person who will then "thumbscan" themselves onto the gun? If yes, then couldn't the federal government seize all that data? Yeah. Bad idea. So why doesn't that turn me into a rabid Carson hater? Because when I first got into understanding liberty I might have said something that stupid myself. Political enlightenment is a process.

I think there is exactly one reason why he has gained as much popularity as he has. And I sure as heck am not going to verbalize it.

And the reason Alan Keyes is not so popular is because......? Any body that dissected the key component to Obama's domestic policy [b]at Obama's prayer breakfast would have become a household name over night, white or black. Now why did Ben Carson get invited to speak? Well he is one of the best known physicians in the country, white or black. Good grief, Cuba Gooding Jr. portrayed his life story in a movie! Prior to 2008 Dr. Carson was better known and arguably more popular than Ron Paul. This would be like Bill Cosby going beyond just speaking about the ills of the black community and becoming political.

sparebulb
10-05-2014, 10:18 AM
negrotrons? :rolleyes: Right. The "establishment" loves republicans who are antiwar and like Rand Paul. Should I ever run for office I know I'll be able to count on you to call me a crass RINO "negrotron" and repeatedly show my face next to Herman Cain's so that people can know that he's black and so am I. So much for the idea that the liberty movement is color blind.

If you are fuzzy or not eloquent on the issues and do not vigorously defend the 2nd amendment, then I will assume that your strings are being pulled and you are a RINO sock puppet. Under these circumstances, I would display that magnificent .gif of Mr. Herman Cain CEO and question whether you are a RINO uncletombot.

Can you really criticize my scrutiny given the history of the establishment rolling out their candidates de jour, who are created to appeal to demographics by race, heritage, and gender, when, ultimately, these people all tow the plantations policies when it comes down it?

More:
And JMD, if you were to run for office, and I hope that you do, wouldn't you welcome this type of raw conversation to help you see how you message and image resonate? Don't get me wrong, I WANT Ben Carson to be the next Ron Paul. Thus far, to me, he's coming off as unprepared and contrived.

Pericles
10-05-2014, 01:07 PM
I felt inspired here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuDn_KZTUFo

That said, he hasn't thought through everything. I don't think he understands gun control, and more importantly the futility of trying to address "gun violence." It's violence period[/d] that needs to be addressed. The fact that violence can be perpetrated by a gun is irrelevant. You can pass laws saying "crazy people can't have guns" but you can't enforce those laws without infringing on the rights of sane people. Thumb scanning for guns? I won't accept thumb scanning for my cell phone. (Sorry Apple). And people already have the ability to create "ghost guns" at home. Should "smart guns" become the "law" that will simply drive the home gun manufacturing culture/market further. And if he's worried about federal abuse of a gun registry then he ought to be concerned about federal abuse of backdoors that will inevitably be on the chips of "smart guns". And further how is this even supposed to work? Are you supposed to initially "thumbscan" at the gun store? If not then how can the rest of us be sure you're not just going to straw purchase your gun and sell it to a criminal or crazy person who will then "thumbscan" themselves onto the gun? If yes, then couldn't the federal government seize all that data? Yeah. Bad idea. So why doesn't that turn me into a rabid Carson hater? Because when I first got into understanding liberty I might have said something that stupid myself. Political enlightenment is a process.

And the reason Alan Keyes is not so popular is because......? Any body that dissected the key component to Obama's domestic policy [B]at Obama's prayer breakfast would have become a household name over night, white or black. Now why did Ben Carson get invited to speak? Well he is one of the best known physicians in the country, white or black. Good grief, Cuba Gooding Jr. portrayed his life story in a movie! Prior to 2008 Dr. Carson was better known and arguably more popular than Ron Paul. This would be like Bill Cosby going beyond just speaking about the ills of the black community and becoming political.

What I like about Dr. Carson his his thought process. Using gun control as an example, the more he gets into understanding the issue, the more pro gun he is getting. When you get someone out of his field of expertise he will either (A) take a position that instinctively appeals to him and then defend ot no matter what additional info come into play (B) ask some "expert" and defer to the expert or (C) go through an evaluative process that leads to a conclusion.

As long as he is doing (C) and letting us bring facts to the discussion that show the correctness of our position - that is what I would want in a President.

jmdrake
10-05-2014, 05:19 PM
If you are fuzzy or not eloquent on the issues and do not vigorously defend the 2nd amendment, then I will assume that your strings are being pulled and you are a RINO sock puppet. Under these circumstances, I would display that magnificent .gif of Mr. Herman Cain CEO and question whether you are a RINO uncletombot.

Can you really criticize my scrutiny given the history of the establishment rolling out their candidates de jour, who are created to appeal to demographics by race, heritage, and gender, when, ultimately, these people all tow the plantations policies when it comes down it?

More:
And JMD, if you were to run for office, and I hope that you do, wouldn't you welcome this type of raw conversation to help you see how you message and image resonate? Don't get me wrong, I WANT Ben Carson to be the next Ron Paul. Thus far, to me, he's coming off as unprepared and contrived.

Oh scrutinize all you want. Just don't be racial about it. At least not if you don't want to hurt Rand. Seriously. Somebody Huckabee fan actually quoted RPF in a freaking book! And no, he wasn't attempting to flatter us. Calling a black republican a "negrotron" is exactly the kind of stuff Rand haters will take and run with later. "See? What did we tell you? Tea party types don't really respect black republicans. They even come up with new derogatory names just for them to call them behind their back!" I know what I'm talking about here. I've seen black democrats already gearing up with the "Dr. Carson is just another token negro just like Herman Cain." Why play into that? FTR, not everything Rand Paul has said can really stand up to scrutiny. If I was a neutral observer having to choose between Rand "arrest or deport someone who attends radical speeches of people seeking violent overthrow of the government" Paul and Ben "Assault weapons in the country...no I mean thumb scanning smart guns" Carson, I'd pick Dr. Carson. I lean Dr. Paul's way only because I'm sure he's lying whereas Dr. Carson could genuinely be confused. And that's a sad reason to support someone.

jmdrake
10-05-2014, 05:25 PM
What I like about Dr. Carson his his thought process. Using gun control as an example, the more he gets into understanding the issue, the more pro gun he is getting. When you get someone out of his field of expertise he will either (A) take a position that instinctively appeals to him and then defend ot no matter what additional info come into play (B) ask some "expert" and defer to the expert or (C) go through an evaluative process that leads to a conclusion.

As long as he is doing (C) and letting us bring facts to the discussion that show the correctness of our position - that is what I would want in a President.

Agreed. I fully expect someone on his team (or the team of people trying to draft him to be president) to pull him aside and explain to him why the thumb scanner idea is atrocious. I wish he felt comfortable enough to say "You know guns isn't really an issue I'm well versed in, but I'm researching my position on it" but that's easy for me to say when I'm not the one in the spotlight. Here's the rub. Having grown up in the inner city and then worked at an inner city hospital he probably has developed a genuine concern about gun violence from seeing the results first hand. For a lot of issues, whether it's gun control or foreign interventionism or drugs or poverty, it takes a while on each particular issue for it to sink in "There's really no government solution to this problem and I can be against a government mandated solution that's guaranteed not to work without being ambivalent to the problem."

Christian Liberty
10-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Oh scrutinize all you want. Just don't be racial about it. At least not if you don't want to hurt Rand. Seriously. Somebody Huckabee fan actually quoted RPF in a freaking book! And no, he wasn't attempting to flatter us. Calling a black republican a "negrotron" is exactly the kind of stuff Rand haters will take and run with later. "See? What did we tell you? Tea party types don't really respect black republicans. They even come up with new derogatory names just for them to call them behind their back!" I know what I'm talking about here. I've seen black democrats already gearing up with the "Dr. Carson is just another token negro just like Herman Cain." Why play into that? FTR, not everything Rand Paul has said can really stand up to scrutiny. If I was a neutral observer having to choose between Rand "arrest or deport someone who attends radical speeches of people seeking violent overthrow of the government" Paul and Ben "Assault weapons in the country...no I mean thumb scanning smart guns" Carson, I'd pick Dr. Carson. I lean Dr. Paul's way only because I'm sure he's lying whereas Dr. Carson could genuinely be confused. And that's a sad reason to support someone.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Jmdrake again.

I'm not 100% certain I agree with this, but I definitely lean in your direction. Carson has said a lot of good things, and Rand has said several bad things. I like both, am not particularly enamored with either, and think its a sad reflection on the state of liberty in this society that we actually have to think of these guys as being "on our side" (I think Thomas Jefferson would have thought both of them are fascists.)

sparebulb
10-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Sorry JMD, I don't self-censor for anyone.

Self-censorship is the first form of defeat. It is a psy-op.

Don't try to include me with some sort of strategy for widespread feckless appeal. That is a job best left to the likes of Teh Collins or Benton. They like to make friends.

Lastly, my account and support for Ron Paul is not automatically credited to Rand Paul's account.

jmdrake
10-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Sorry JMD, I don't self-censor for anyone.

Self-censorship is the first form of defeat. It is a psy-op.

Don't try to include me with some sort of strategy for widespread feckless appeal. That is a job best left to the likes of Teh Collins or Benton. They like to make friends.

Lastly, my account and support for Ron Paul is not automatically credited to Rand Paul's account.

I'm not talking "self censorship". I'm talking common sense and liberty principles. Stormfront are the "libertarians" that think racial collectivism = liberty. Hell do what you want. You're only making yourself look stupid. But I'm not making a Matt Collins "Don't talk about conspiracies because they make us look bad" point. I'm making a "You're being asinine and against what we stand for" point. I'd say the same thing if you were mocking Carson for being a Christian. But be asinine all you want.

CaptUSA
10-06-2014, 05:47 AM

It's one thing to be ignorant, it is quite another to revel in your ignorance. If you knew about Carson's history in the least, you would know that he is anything but an establishment creation. In fact, one of the reasons he rose to political prominence is because he slipped through the establishment screen and delivered an anti-establishment speech in front of the President.

Further, have you heard him call out the Fed and fiat currency? Have you heard his analysis of both the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? How about when he calls out cronyism? These are hardly establishment positions. Of course, I can understand if you were unaware of these things, but you might want to loosen your ignorance for a second to actually take a look.

You may not want to admit it to yourself, but the only reason you compare him to Cain is because you are looking at his skin color. Ok, fine. I suppose it is also a reason why some people like him - he'll have to deal with that. But to keep your meme going just because you don't want to actually do the leg work is counter-productive and just plain stupid. He appeals to people that Rand Paul does not. People who will prove most valuable in this political fight. He is an ally; not an enemy. The smart thing to do would not be to shoot our potential allies in the foot before they even get a chance to help us.

Acala
10-06-2014, 09:11 AM
The problem I have with a guy like this is that he isn't guided by principles. Instead he is just groping around on each issue. While I respect a person for trying to figure out what is right instead of just swallowing the bucket full of party dogma, it will not work for a President. The issues faced by the President are so complex and come so fast and with so much pressure attached that you simply CAN'T try and figure out each issue. Pragmatism will fail every time. If you don't have a rock solid set of principles to guide you at the outset, you are lost. So when a guy starts out thinking "gun registration and bans are okay" and then has to slowly think his way to the right position you KNOW he is not going to be able to field the problems that hit the Oval Office every thirty seconds. And that is putting aside the probability that he is under political pressure to come around on gun control. He isn't growing intellectually, he is growing politically in this instance.

Pericles
10-06-2014, 01:23 PM
The problem I have with a guy like this is that he isn't guided by principles. Instead he is just groping around on each issue. While I respect a person for trying to figure out what is right instead of just swallowing the bucket full of party dogma, it will not work for a President. The issues faced by the President are so complex and come so fast and with so much pressure attached that you simply CAN'T try and figure out each issue. Pragmatism will fail every time. If you don't have a rock solid set of principles to guide you at the outset, you are lost. So when a guy starts out thinking "gun registration and bans are okay" and then has to slowly think his way to the right position you KNOW he is not going to be able to field the problems that hit the Oval Office every thirty seconds. And that is putting aside the probability that he is under political pressure to come around on gun control. He isn't growing intellectually, he is growing politically in this instance.

I'll concede that as a weakness - core principles are necessary.

But, as Eisenhower said, urgent things are seldom important, and important things are seldom urgent.