PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Scahill on Obama's Orwellian War in Iraq: We Created the Very Threat We Claim to be Fig

mac_hine
10-03-2014, 02:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0j8NnlE7Kc

maybemaybenot
10-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Okay, Jeremy Scahill is awesome (though I'm bit more hawkish/moderate than he is), but this just stating the obvious. Yeah, we created ISIS. Everyone pretty much agrees on this. Doesn't mean they're not a threat. Ron Paul thinks we started al-Qaeda. And also that al-Qaeda declared war on us so now we need to destroy them (or maybe Paul thinks we did enough with al-Qaeda already, w/e).

kcchiefs6465
10-03-2014, 11:27 PM
"This is a clown show with these guys..."

charrob
10-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Yeah, we created ISIS. Everyone pretty much agrees on this. Doesn't mean they're not a threat.

I've seen no absolute proof that they are a threat. Just that an anonymous, unnamed, "U.S. official" has stated that some guys in Syria were making explosives to bring down airliners -- then later, another anonymous, unnamed, "U.S. official" stating that the threat "really wasn't imminent" and there was no set date for an attack on the U.S. and that there actually were "no concrete plans" in the works for an attack on U.S. airliners.

Nobody is stepping up, giving their name, and fully stating that there is, or was, a threat to the U.S.

Just all this back and forth in the news with different unnamed "U.S. officials" saying completely different things.

Without absolute proof of an imminent attack, how can you ever say bombing another country is something the U.S. should do?

maybemaybenot
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
I've seen no absolute proof that they are a threat. Just that an anonymous, unnamed, "U.S. official" has stated that some guys in Syria were making explosives to bring down airliners -- then later, another anonymous, unnamed, "U.S. official" stating that the threat "really wasn't imminent" and there was no set date for an attack on the U.S. and that there actually were "no concrete plans" in the works for an attack on U.S. airliners.

Nobody is stepping up, giving their name, and fully stating that there is, or was, a threat to the U.S.

Just all this back and forth in the news with different unnamed "U.S. officials" saying completely different things.

Without absolute proof of an imminent attack, how can you ever say bombing another country is something the U.S. should do?

If someone says on facebook "I'm going to shoot up a mall," do we do nothing about it? Shitty terrorist groups and militias aren't threats, because we fight them. Anyone with a 75 IQ can pick up a gun and shoot ppl.

kcchiefs6465
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM
If someone says on facebook "I'm going to shoot up a mall," do we do nothing about it? Shitty terrorist groups and militias aren't threats, because we fight them. Anyone with a 75 IQ can pick up a gun and shoot ppl.
You launch a missile at them, of course, destroying their city block and murdering their neighbors.

maybemaybenot
10-05-2014, 06:12 PM
You launch a missile at them, of course, destroying their city block and murdering their neighbors.

I didn't say all out war was the way to do it. We have special forces and espionage. I'm very worried about who we can work with there, its such a clusterfuck. But ISIS is a threat. They have tens of millions of dollars, thousands of members, and EU citizens that can fly to the US and buy a gun at a Wal-Mart with zero hassle.

kcchiefs6465
10-05-2014, 06:51 PM
I didn't say all out war was the way to do it. We have special forces and espionage. I'm very worried about who we can work with there, its such a clusterfuck. But ISIS is a threat. They have tens of millions of dollars, thousands of members, and EU citizens that can fly to the US and buy a gun at a Wal-Mart with zero hassle.
Source?

maybemaybenot
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Source?

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html
http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta

kcchiefs6465
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html
http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta
So it'd be under Section A 11.L, Section A 12, and Section B 20c if everything is answered correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/JGtan3c.png?1

So aside from having to purchase a hunting license, complete a 4473 form, they'd have to have a background check run through NICS or another POC service.

Not that this in itself might seem like a hassle but on top of that they will be delayed. What that means is, they aren't walking out of the store with that gun that day if at all.

Relatively hassle free, I could imagine some might say. But then there is that slight issue of how are you getting it out of the country? Air America? Holder's private jet?

Why go through that hassle when there are millions upon millions of stockpiled AK47s and variants that more or less float around that region (not the semi WASRs)?

Or are you simply worried of lone wolf attacks? Because if that is your worry, your policy of "peace" through covert action and unpopular coups (not to mention assassination) would certainly make the prospect of someone doing something horrendous in this country all the more likely.

Quit trolling. Step outside of your comfort zone and read the articles or watch the videos people offer.

Weston White
10-05-2014, 11:47 PM

But hornet’s nests, rattle snakes, droughts, power outages, floodings, tornados, and lighting strikes are such greater threats to the lives of Americans—ISIS, a big who cares. (American’s special forces do have better things to do with their time after all, such as guarding the poppy fields of Afghanistan-an upwards of $500-billion per year “industry”.)

ISIS is simply Al Qaeda rebranded—being that it is has now been widely exposed that the United States is teaming up to work alongside Al Qaeda, that rouse is no longer working. Americans are awaking, and beginning to ask questions. Remember Benghazi. Regardless, they only pose a threat so long as American citizens permit such abuses to take place, playing into the hands of the NSA, CIA, DIA, et al. Defund these worthless, corrupted U.S. bureaucracies and watch the world become better with each passing day.

kcchiefs6465
10-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Bump.

specsaregood
10-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Anyone with a 75 IQ can pick up a gun and shoot ppl.

I take it you must have you been perusing the human resource records at your local police department.

A Son of Liberty
10-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Okay, Jeremy Scahill is awesome (though I'm bit more hawkish/moderate than he is), but this just stating the obvious. Yeah, we created ISIS. Everyone pretty much agrees on this. Doesn't mean they're not a threat. Ron Paul thinks we started al-Qaeda. And also that al-Qaeda declared war on us so now we need to destroy them (or maybe Paul thinks we did enough with al-Qaeda already, w/e).

Who is this "we" to whom you keep referring, and why is that you assume that this "we" are no longer controlling "ISIS"? "We" created ISIS, and "we" continue to control ISIS, so why would "we" declare war on ISIS? Should "we" declare war on "ourselves"?