PDA

View Full Version : Guys Don't Worry

synthetic
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
They are only paying themselves $52,000/yr each. This is peanuts when you consider the important work they'll be doing.

The blimp advertising company who flies and maintains the blimp can't be allowed to operate alone. We need this newly formed advertising company with President Trevor at the helm to oversee what the professional blimp/advertising company is doing. These professional pilots and maintence crews that come packaged with the blimp can't be allowed to do their jobs without supervision.

Go Blimp.

synthetic
12-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Good job everyone. We've almost donated enough to pay for everyones first months salary. Keep it up! We just have the $10,000 retainer left and legal counsel fees to pay for. Then the expenses and misc costs. We're getting closer to raising money for the blimp!

TCrage
12-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Good job everyone. We've almost donated enough to pay for everyones first months salary. Keep it up! We just have the $10,000 retainer left and legal counsel fees to pay for. Then the expenses and misc costs. We're getting closer to raising money for the blimp!

Now I know how Romney supporters feel.

TechnoGuyRob
12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Everyone will be working for free until the blimp is up in the air.

The blimp takes priority over all.

mmink15
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm new to this topic, 52k a year is more than i make, it makes me think twice about a 25 or 50 dollar donation, which is all i could afford. Not saying that to be rude, just puttin that perspective out there. I'll bet a ton of qualified college students would do it cheap.

rory096
12-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm new to this topic, 52k a year is more than i make, it makes me think twice about a 25 or 50 dollar donation, which is all i could afford. Not saying that to be rude, just puttin that perspective out there. I'll bet a ton of qualified college students would do it cheap.
That figure is misleading, since this project won't be going on for a year. They're not just taking $50,000 out of the funds for the blimp.

synthetic
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
That figure is misleading, since this project won't be going on for a year. They're not just taking $50,000 out of the funds for the blimp.

I'm not misleading anyone. They are taking the grassroots money and putting $1000 in each of their pockets every week. That comes to $52,000/yr.

Cyclone
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Everyone will be working for free until the blimp is up in the air.

The blimp takes priority over all.

What gave you this merry idea?

Cyclone
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm not misleading anyone. They are taking the grassroots money and putting $1000 in each of their pockets every week. That comes to $52,000/yr.

Synthetic is right. How is there any misleading of anything here?

Oh, never mind, that is another Nov/Dec Trevor adoring fan. We seemed to get a whole lot of them in here around that time. Look it up yourself. It is about 80% accurate.

LibertyEagle
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Excuse me, folks. Have you lost your cotton pickin' minds???!!! We have a big fundraiser coming up, that has totally lost its steam. We have a presidential candidate giving interviews in the MSM saying that WE have told him that we will bring in more than we did on 11/5.

Because of the 11/30 fundraiser and now this stupid blimp, is anyone at all doing anything to ensure that 12/16 is going to come off well?

rory096
12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh, well in that case, they're taking $520,000 a decade! That's more than the total pledges! How dare they!

synthetic
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Elijah is putting his life on hold for the entire year. Haven't you heard?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=508120&postcount=1

synthetic
12-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Excuse me, folks. Have you lost your cotton pickin' minds???!!! We have a big fundraiser coming up, that has totally lost its steam. We have a presidential candidate giving interviews in the MSM saying that WE have told him that we will bring in more than we did on 11/5.

Because of the 11/30 fundraiser and now this stupid blimp, is anyone at all doing anything to ensure that 12/16 is going to come off well?

Ron has money and tons more will roll in on the 16th.

Whats going on here is a CON. People are being CONNED and the forum admins appear to be supporting it by moving threads and placing announcments and stickys in support of this nonsense.

I am posting here so more people don't get CONNED.

rory096
12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Ron has money and tons more will roll in on the 16th.

Whats going on here is a CON. People are being CONNED and the forum admins appear to be supporting it by moving threads and placing announcments and stickys in support of this nonsense.

I am posting here so more people don't get CONNED.
You have no evidence to support this, troll.

koob
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I actually think the fact they made an advertising business out of this is completely in line with the spirit of the Ron Paul campaign.

steph3n
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
I think opening as a business makes it more legit than a non profit or a PAC becuase they are obligated to provide a service when the 350k is raised.

As a PAC or non profit they coudl just as easily take it all as salary.

Primbs
12-02-2007, 10:31 PM
When the blimp lifts off the ground, many people will sign up for Dec 16.

MN Patriot
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM

I thought this was the RON PAUL campaign, not the Hillary Clinton Profits-Are-Evil-Down-With-Capitalism campaign!!!

ANY Ron Paul supporter should be grateful that there are people dedicated enough to go through this hassle to promote their candidate, and in return their efforts should be rewarded.

If I were you mmink, or anyone else who complains about how much the people are making (except for the $500 an hour lawyer, but I suppose he could keep some of them out of prison), I would be ASHAMED of myself for complaining that someone is making a measly $20 an hour (based on a 40 hour week, these guys are probably working twice that or more).

I hope the blimp flies, and gets Ron the publicity he needs. I think the bickering on these forums could be turned into a great anti-Ron Paul story, if the mainstream media is monitoring them and trying to figure out how to twist it into something completely negative.

synthetic
12-02-2007, 10:35 PM
You have no evidence to support this, troll.

This is a classic bait and switch. It was sold as a grassroots effort then switched to a profit making company when it was time to collect money. The organizers have granted themselves weekly salaries to advertise the Ron Paul blimp. Ironically they are hiring, you guessed it, an advertising company that flys a blimp.

So now we have 2 advertising companies doing the same job, but only one company has a blimp or any experience in advertising.

steph3n
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
This is a classic bait and switch. It was sold as a grassroots effort then switched to a profit making company when it was time to collect money. The organizers have granted themselves weekly salaries to advertise the Ron Paul blimp. Ironically they are hiring, you guessed it, an advertising company that flys a blimp.

So now we have 2 advertising companies doing the same job, but only one company has a blimp or any experience in advertising.

and no other means to raise the money to pay the blimp company, due to FREE SPEECH LIMITS BY THE GOVERNMENT this company was made out of necessity

Jagwarr
12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
I actually think the fact they made an advertising business out of this is completely in line with the spirit of the Ron Paul campaign.

That would be true if this wasn't a grassroots community. Put some forums up on the blimp website and remove them from here and it would help the situation.

There are also more qualified people who have offered to replace the current team for free. If the goal is really getting Dr. Paul elected why doesn't the current team step down? Why put material lust over the good of the cause?

Primbs
12-02-2007, 10:42 PM
This blimp wouldn't even have a chance of making if it were not for the current supporters.

To ask to change horses mid stream before it has even started is a bit premature.

Lets not make the perfect the enemy of the good.

KCIndy
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Actually, yes.

As of the time I write this, 23,487 people have signed up. I've seen posts from many people who have NOT signed up due to email/privacy concerns, but intend to give on that date anyway. I've also seen lots of posts from people who plan to give more - A LOT more - than $100 on the 16th. Some people are planning to "max out" and others are going to give what they can, even if it's less than the $100 pledge.

If we have even 25,000 people committed to giving $100, we're good for a minimum of $2.5 million. This will, at the very least, put Dr. Paul over the 4th quarter fund raising goal by one million bucks - even if nobody donates a single cent to the campaign from now until the end of the month!

My guess is, there are a lot of people planning on giving a lot more than $100, and a lot of them haven't even signed up on the Tea Party 07 site. I wouldn't be surprised if the campaign gets $7 million to $10 million that day alone - which will generate several million dollars worth of extra publicity.

Dustancostine
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
After seeing how the emails are being used/could be used for financial gain, I have removed my pledge from Trevor's site, but am still going to donate.

--Dustan