PDA

View Full Version : State bans hunting in Frein search area

aGameOfThrones
10-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Laura McCrystal, Inquirer Staff Writer

Last updated: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 12:47 PM
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 12:46 PM

CANADENSIS, Pa. - Hunting and trapping have been banned in the area where police are searching for Eric Frein.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission announced Wednesday that no hunting will be permitted in seven townships in Monroe and Pike counties as police and federal agents continue to scour the Poconos woods for the fugitive who allegedly killed one state trooper and wounded another.

Citing the discovery of explosives police believe were left in the woods by Frein, Game Commission Executive Director R. Matthew Hough issued the executive order banning hunting in the townships.

"While we realize this temporary closure might disappoint some of the hunters and trappers it affects, we're certain, too, they understand the gravity of the situation, as well as the danger in allowing the seasons to continue as scheduled, given this new information," Hough said in a statement.

Bow hunting for deer opens Saturday in Pennsylvania.

The manhunt continued under cloudy skies Wednesday morning, as armed troopers patrolled country roads and searched the woods. Helicopters continued to circle overhead.

"Plenty of good hunting and trapping opportunities remain outside of the temporarily closed area, and we need hunters to readily adjust their plans to help bring resolution to this case and see that justice is served," Hough said.

Hunting and trapping are banned in Price, Barrett, and Paradise townships in Monroe County and Blooming Grove, Porter, Lehman and Greene townships in Pike county.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20141002_State_halts_hunting_in_Frein_search_area. html

phill4paul
10-01-2014, 04:11 PM
SMDH. How the hell can you collect a bounty if your not allowed to pursue the suspect? :toady:

RJB
10-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I was thinking the worse time to be a fugitive in the woods would be during deer season when the woods are saturated with hunters.

The state is stupid.

pcosmar
10-01-2014, 04:43 PM
I was thinking the worse time to be a fugitive in the woods would be during deer season when the woods are saturated with hunters.

The state is stupid.

It is the worst time to be a hunter in the woods too..
A whole lot of wannabe hunters with guns,,,

hide your dog too.. and paint "Cow" on the sides of your cattle.

mad cow
10-01-2014, 04:44 PM
If they did this every time they were searching for the killer of a mundane rather than the killer of one of the King's Knights there wouldn't be a hunting season anywhere in the USA.

phill4paul
10-01-2014, 04:47 PM

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/content/Cows/Gallery/cow-9.png

RJB
10-01-2014, 05:06 PM

There was a farmer in these pasts who got sick of his cows getting shot up by city folks during deer season. One year he painted "cow" in big orange letters on all his live stock. That year none of his cows were killed but his green John Deere tractor was shot to hell. True story ;)

Anti Federalist
10-01-2014, 08:48 PM
And do any of the affected hunters understand why, and what the real threat is?

Hint: it ain't Eric fucking Frein.

limequat
10-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Hunting's banned? They might wanna confiscate rifles in the area just to be sure.

Danke
10-01-2014, 09:30 PM
How many of these restrictions are place on the public after a mundane is shot?

puppetmaster
10-01-2014, 10:32 PM
I would not be keen running around the woods in my camo with a bunch of trigger happy cops looking to shoot the first thing they see move.

Spikender
10-01-2014, 11:02 PM
So much force for one man...

Makes me think back to when they were looking for Dorner and several people made the point that if one man can get them this riled up terrified, how would they react to dozens of people like Dorner or Frein at once?

It would be madness.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Makes me think back to when they were looking for Dorner and several people made the point that if one man can get them this riled up terrified, how would they react to dozens of people like Dorner or Frein at once?

http://i.imgur.com/Zj0uJaD.gif

Anti Federalist
10-02-2014, 01:25 AM
How many of these restrictions are place on the public after a mundane is shot?

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

I know the answer to this!

Zero!

Lucille
10-12-2014, 10:19 AM
They banned trick-or-treating too. I had no idea so many cops still go trick-or-treating!

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229493

One man shot two. One died, the other was wounded. The alleged murderer then escaped and thus far has not been caught.

This happens nearly daily in cities such as Chicago. The city is not shut down, nor is an entire economy of a part of the city disabled for a month. At most there's a few-hour manhunt and, if it's fruitless, people go about their business and the police keep looking for the guy -- but they don't demand that everyone else cease everything they would normally do, destroying businesses and lives in the process.

What's the difference?

The two guys who were shot were cops.

So what, say I. Murder is murder; either all men and women are equal before God and before the State or we do not live in a free nation. When the death of one and the wounding of a second result in the destruction of a local economy and the people sit still for it, blaming the murderer and not the people who destroy the economy, demanding that they cease acting as economic terrorists, we have passed from the state of freedom to the state of servitude, slavery and serfdom.

Now they've canceled Halloween trick-or-treating (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/11/manhunt-for-suspected-cop-killer-prompts-halloween-trick-or-treating-ban-in/) -- never mind that the alleged murderer appears to have utterly no interest in killing anyone except cops. If he had, he would have -- he certainly has a lot of unarmed targets in that area to shoot at should he so choose. The bottom line is that there is no evident threat to the public; the threat appears to be confined to the cops!

jkob
10-12-2014, 11:18 AM
so what happens if they never find this guy?

devil21
10-13-2014, 01:12 AM
Why do the solutions to nearly every widely publicized news 'problem' always fit Agenda 21 goals?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-13-2014, 01:14 AM
so what happens if they never find this guy?

They'll never stop. Probably still looking for D.B. Cooper.

Spikender
10-13-2014, 03:04 AM
They banned trick-or-treating too. I had no idea so many cops still go trick-or-treating!

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229493

Cops love to pull a few tricks and if you aren't down for it they leave you with a lead-injected treat.

Regardless, I would be driving my kids to a place that isn't a non-fun zone on Halloween. But of course, I can already picture that most people in the affected area will bow down and listen to the edicts of their masters like good little bootlicks.