PDA

View Full Version : SC-Cops execute 68 y/o man in his driveway for failure to comply, contempt of cop.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2014, 01:19 PM
From an incident that happened back in February with information now just being released.

Great-Grandfather Shot to Death By Cop While Parked In His Own Driveway

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/great-grandfather-killed-cop-parking-driveway/#Ei6zzXsYZIxcOLDj.99

68-year-old great-grandfather, Ernest Satterwhite, of South Carolina was shot and killed by police in his driveway, because he allegedly ignored police who were attempting to pull him over.

This incident occurred back in February, but did not come to light until last week when North Augusta Police Officer Justin Craven was indicted on misdemeanor charges of “misconduct in office”.

The prosecutor initially sought voluntary manslaughter charges, which could have carried up to 30 years in prison. However, the grand jury declined the motion and indicted him under the misdemeanor misconduct charge, which is usually applied to officers who are caught accepting bribes.

Aside from the indictment, very few details about this case have been made public. The indictment itself is only one page long, and makes no mention of the specific actions taken by officer Craven on the night in question. The only specific accusations made against Craven in the indictment is “using excessive force and failing to follow and use proper procedures.”

Satterwhite reportedly drove at low speeds towards his home on the night that police chased him down, and according to his arrest record, he has a history of similar traffic offenses. However, he has no history of violence, even during arrest. He just happens to have a history of disregarding the assumed authority of police.

According to reports, Edgefield County police followed Satterwhite with their lights on for several miles until he pulled into his driveway. The officers had to know that it was his driveway, because they had pulled up all of his personal information during the low speed chase.

The police department says that when officer Craven approached Satterwhite’s parked car, the 68-year-old great grandfather attempted to grab his weapon. However, this story seems very unlikely, because the shots were fired through the drivers side door and window of Satterwhite’s car, while he was still sitting in the driver’s seat. After the shooting occurred, the officers on the scene were unable to open the door of the car because it was locked. They eventually had to break the window and unlock the door to get Satterwhite out of the vehicle.

According to the grieving family, the officers had no regard for the man’s life after the shooting, they literally dragged him out of the car, handcuffed him and threw him on the side of the road, mortally wounded.

Satterwhite’s family has filed a lawsuit against the county and the department, alleging that officers lied about the conditions leading up to the man’s death.

Following the indictment Craven was put on paid suspension.

Inkblots
10-01-2014, 02:06 PM
The prosecutor initially sought voluntary manslaughter charges, which could have carried up to 30 years in prison. However, the grand jury declined the motion and indicted him under the misdemeanor misconduct charge, which is usually applied to officers who are caught accepting bribes.

Even when the local prosecutor is willing to do the right thing, too often the grand jury just shrugs off criminal behavior from LEOs. How? Why? I don't understand how anyone sitting on that jury could come to this conclusion.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Even when the local prosecutor is willing to do the right thing, too often the grand jury just shrugs off criminal behavior from LEOs. How? Why? I don't understand how anyone sitting on that jury could come to this conclusion.

Copsuckers and FFoCs (Family and Friends of Cops).

Christian Liberty
10-01-2014, 02:14 PM

How do you avoid getting any FFoCs on the jury? Mind you, I get the family and friends of the SPECIFIC cop, but I doubt there are many people who aren't friends with at least one cop. Heck, even I'm friends with one, albeit not a fan of his career. How many people in this country are there that you guys would rather have on that jury than me? A few thousand, maybe?

limequat
10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Gov. Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

Christian Liberty
10-01-2014, 02:23 PM
"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Gov. Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

lol! Gov. Corbett is an idiot. I guess that's no surprise.

fisharmor
10-01-2014, 02:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_juries_in_the_United_States

Spend 20 minutes on this page, some eye-opening shit going on there.

Grand Jurors are not screened in any way. Prosecutors are the only ones making the case in a GJ. The whole procedure is completely secret.
It could very well be the prosecutor said he wanted to charge him when he had no intention of doing so. It could also very well be that in between filing the felony charge and talking to the GJ the prosecutor might have gotten a talking-to.

It sure looks to me like the GJ was a good idea once, but like the whole of the court system in the US, has been perverted into being nothing more than a rubber stamp for ruining lives.

TheTexan
10-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Well I guess when you put it that way it makes sense. I'm glad the cop, and our civilized society, are ok.

aGameOfThrones
10-01-2014, 03:01 PM

Meanwhile.....

Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

Michael Dunn found guilty of murder
Jacksonville, Florida (CNN) -- Jurors found Michael Dunn guilty of first-degree murder Wednesday in the 2012 shooting death 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

Dunn's parents were in the courtroom for the verdict. Davis' parents, Ron Davis and Lucia MacBath, both let out a quiet gasp upon hearing the jury forewoman's words and then hung their heads and cried. Dunn did not appear to have an immediate reaction, but later, he turned around and somberly shook his head toward his father.

Duval County Judge Russell Healey set a tentative sentencing hearing for October 17 but said he would wait until Tuesday to ensure the date worked for Dunn's defense attorneys.

"This has been going on for two years, and everyone has acted graciously. I ask that you continue to do that," Healey said before the verdict was read. "Remember, we must respect the verdict of the jury. They did not volunteer to do this."

Dunn, 47, was charged with murder after shooting into an SUV full of teenagers at a Jacksonville, Florida, gas station following a squabble over the music emanating from the teens' vehicle.

Dunn has said he shot at the vehicle because he thought Davis had a weapon and feared for his life, but the prosecution has alleged Dunn was the aggressor and pointed out he kept firing even after the teens fled.

Three of the 10 shots that Dunn fired struck Davis, one of them cutting through his liver, a lung and his aorta.

Investigators say Davis never had a weapon, nor was one found in the teens' SUV or the surrounding area.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/01/justice/michael-dunn-loud-music-verdict/index.html

jllundqu
10-01-2014, 03:09 PM
As someone who has worked with federal prosecutors and federal grand juries, an old saying comes to mind.

"A Prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich"

It IS a shame and a sham... the whole thing

LibForestPaul
10-01-2014, 03:47 PM

You have no idea. Django unchained indeed.

phill4paul
10-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Copsuckers. I'm sick of 'em. Have no use for them. Justice will not be found in the "Just-Us" system.

;) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?460677-Even-when-D-A-charges-cop-w-felony-grand-jury-indicts-w-misdemeanor&p=5661615#post5661615

PaulConventionWV
10-01-2014, 04:09 PM
How do you avoid getting any FFoCs on the jury? Mind you, I get the family and friends of the SPECIFIC cop, but I doubt there are many people who aren't friends with at least one cop. Heck, even I'm friends with one, albeit not a fan of his career. How many people in this country are there that you guys would rather have on that jury than me? A few thousand, maybe?

Your statement actually kind of blew my mind. We live in a country now where the police employ so many people that almost nobody has no cop friends. It's a pretty sad reality when one of the biggest professions in the entire country is professional tax tick and criminal. There aren't many people who aren't friends with at least one cop? Then how are we supposed to start a revolution? It's even more startling when you consider how utterly repulsive some cops are as human beings, it's a wonder any of them have any friends.

PaulConventionWV
10-01-2014, 04:11 PM
lol! Gov. Corbett is an idiot. I guess that's no surprise.

He's no idiot. He's just one of the mouthpieces of our modern society, saying what all the idiots are thinking while not actually being one himself. He does this to brainwash, to keep people subdued, to give them the right ideas... the ideas he wants them to have.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2014, 08:42 PM
;) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?460677-Even-when-D-A-charges-cop-w-felony-grand-jury-indicts-w-misdemeanor&p=5661615#post5661615

Search fail...damn it.

Merge please